Judges Guild map questions
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 9:55 am 

Hello, I am looking for some help on a matter of the maps and printing information for the Wilderness series of accessories.  I recently bought a decent sized lot (two actually) of Judges Guild modules and accessories on eBay.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

In the lots there is a Fantastic Wilderlands Beyonde, Wilderlands of the Fantastic Reaches, Wilderlands of High Fantasy and two Wilderlands of the Magic Realm. Should any or all of these have maps with them? Only the Fantastic Wilderlands Beyonde states on its cover that there should be maps with it. Also... is there a site that details the printing history of the Judges Guild modules? Many of the ones I bought are white covered with no color, some others are color, and a few are mostly white with a little color. I am just curious as to which if any are first printings, second, etc. I would appreciate any and all help as I plan on listing these on eBay.

Thanks, John Pleveich

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 10:40 am 

pleveich wrote:In the lots there is a Fantastic Wilderlands Beyonde, Wilderlands of the Fantastic Reaches, Wilderlands of High Fantasy and two Wilderlands of the Magic Realm. Should any or all of these have maps with them? Only the Fantastic Wilderlands Beyonde states on its cover that there should be maps with it. Also... is there a site that details the printing history of the Judges Guild modules? Many of the ones I bought are white covered with no color, some others are color, and a few are mostly white with a little color. I am just curious as to which if any are first printings, second, etc. I would appreciate any and all help as I plan on listing these on eBay.

Thanks, John Pleveich

John, try here for prints, etc...its not always correct, but is pretty much most of the time:

Judges Guild Codex...Every item produced in the 70's-80's

yes they DO all have maps with them chummer :) if you look in the books, it pretty much tells you what maps come with them etc. i was going to bid on both of these, but totally forgot about them (nothing unusual there!):

the items have a judges map and a players map (so at least 2 maps).

fantastic wilderlands beyonde: 1 32 page booklet, 4 judges maps, 4 players maps: map 7 - desert lands, map 8 - sea of five winds, map 9 - elephand lands, map 10 - lenap.
yours is a 1st print - i have a 2nd print, and about 5 3rds.

Wilderlands of the Fantastic Reaches: you have book 1 of 2 books (there were 2 instalments probably) for the 1st print (which you have) - for this one, there should be a judges map and a players map for the following regions: map 15 Isles of the Dawn, map 16 Southern Reaches. upon searching, you just flagged up that i dont have this one (or the other book).... *makes a note*

Wilderlands of High Fantasy: you have a 2nd print - one book with all the info in, but there should be players & judges maps for map 1-City State of Invinsible Overlord, map 2-Barbarian Atlantis, map 3-Valley of Ancients, map 4-Tarantis, map 5-Valon.

Wilderlands of the Magic Realm: you have 1st prints, instalment V and instalment W: with V (white cover), you should have a judges & players map of the following regions: Map 12-Ebony Coast, Map 13-Isles of the Blest. with W (blue cover), you should have a judges & players map of the following regions: Map 11-Ghinor, Map 14-Ament Tundra.

that should pretty much cover it all :D

if you fancy selling them chummer, gimme a shout, i would quite happily take em off your hands.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:34 pm 

Wow did you get a deal!

Well, if you didn;t get the maps, that kind of stinks, but you also got three moderately rare and (as I understand it) fairly expensive items:

The 1979 pictureless DM screens;

Midkemia Press: Cities; and

Midkemia Press: The Black Tower.

Plus everything else, all for under $50. Good deal!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:50 pm 

jamesmishler wrote:Wow did you get a deal!

Well, if you didn;t get the maps, that kind of stinks, but you also got three moderately rare and (as I understand it) fairly expensive items:

The 1979 pictureless DM screens;

Midkemia Press: Cities; and

Midkemia Press: The Black Tower.

Plus everything else, all for under $50. Good deal!

saying that tho - the books also suck when you don't have the maps - them maps are also as hard to find as the books are (in excellent or mint anyway)....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 1:10 am 

Thank you both for your help with my questions. Too bad about the maps missing but I will be selling them off anyway. I have not yet looked at the CSIO and CSWE sets yet, but they have maps and many other pieces so I will undoubtedly be asking questions at that time too. I kept all the non judges guild pieces for my personal collection. Something in me makes me like the non-TSR stuff. I guess it is my love of the little guy/underdog. The DM screens only have the psionic piece, not the second one with the to hit, dmg, etc. tables. I was kind of upset when I noticed that. It would have been nice if that had been pointed out in the auction description, but I would have bid anyway so I am not getting too upset.

Thank you again, John Pleveich

P.S. Al, we can talk about what you need to fill in holes at a later time. It is late and my wife is making *time for bed* signs/noises.