Judges Guild Questions
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 3:23 am 

Plaag wrote:Here's something for those with a complete set. What is the breakdown of the Dungeon Tac Cards? How many of each card?

There are 5 copies of each card.
Each card is double sided.
There is also a cover sheet printed on both sides.
In total you get 140 cards and a cover sheet.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 5:51 pm 

Its that time again...Q&A  :lol:

Now while realizing that more shelves are needed soon, what I was able to look up has had me pondering something. Items 14 Vol1, 93 2nd printing, 96, 111, 117, 118, 119, 190 (mislabeled as 170) from 1979-1980 all do not count the front and back covers in their page counts, while others count them and usually have the first actual numbered page as 3.
Now 104, 108 both 1st prints that I checked and from 1979 fall within the majority of 93-190 are like the later with counting front cover as page one, etc.

So question is what other booklet items do not count the front cover/back covers in page numbering? And do they fall within the 79/80 time frame?
Also why does this format exist those years, is it due to where Judge's Guild was stationed at the time and what the local printers did?

(I am also trying to figure out if the booklets with color cover inserts are another printing 'block' as it were, items 300, 320, 400 later printings have gone that route so far I've seen.)

Off that topic and speaking of item #400 Toughest Dungeon In the World. It is mentioned on the cover insert that it was printed in its original manuscript form, with an apology to Ken St. Andre for not arranging it in a playable format. Was there ever a 2nd printing correcting that mistake?

Well, I think that is it for today.  :roll:  :)

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 7:03 pm 

Plaag wrote:Off that topic and speaking of item #400 Toughest Dungeon In the World. It is mentioned on the cover insert that it was printed in its original manuscript form, with an apology to Ken St. Andre for not arranging it in a playable format. Was there ever a 2nd printing correcting that mistake?

Well, I think that is it for today. :roll: :)

ShaneG.

Well i have a load of #400's but they are all 1st prints. the supplier i got these off a while ago....the rest of the stuff were later than 1st prints on the most part (altho there were some 1st prints too)....which made me think really that there was only 1 print of '#400 ....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 10:34 pm 

About 1 & 1/2 years ago I picked up installments 'I' through 'X' in one auction on eBay. It corresponds with Jamesmishler's list. Also some non-sub items like the four map City-State, 56 page City State booklet, 2nd edition Ready Ref Sheets in the purple booklet, and Character Chronicle cards. The Tac cards and Character Chronicle cards have the P.O. box. The seller accurately described the set as having read once as each installment arrived, then bagged and stored. It 's in beautiful condition.
  I paid just over $300 and even though I wasn't real eBay savvy at the time(and hadn't stumbled on The Acaeum forums yet) I thought it was a pretty good deal. Please tell me it was. Since they also tossed in a MINT Character Archaic, I was more than pleased. So here are a couple of thoughts/questions.
  It appears that they put character checklists in several of the first installments. Does anyone know if this was the case?
  My installment 'U', Holiday Issue 12, has a seperate sheet that says:
Dear Guildmembers, This installment was intended to be "Dragon Crown", the official dungeon of Pacific Encounters. Unfortunately, etc. etc. So there is no "Dragon Crown" with my issue. Did they include it with follow-on reprints or was it issued as a totally seperate item?
  In another auction I picked up an unpunched "City State Warfare", item number JG-1120. Since I got it pretty cheap I figure it's not worth much but it made a cool addition to the set of journals. Haven't seen anything on it, so was wondering what anyone could tell me about it.
  I guess that's all for now.
                      Tom

Started playing D&D at Great Lakes in '76-'77. Went to Dungeon in Lake Geneva. Got to adventure in original Blackmoor. Saved some rare pieces from then, not in best shape: Palace of Vampire Queen, Beastmaker Mountain. Started collecting recently.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 31, 2005 11:47 pm 

The highest JG item that i have is 1210 Pegasus # 11. Pegasus # 12 has the same number, but is listed everwhere without an ID ie. JG 0000.

Pegasus 12 was 1210

Does anyone have any items after that, or were the remainder all un-released?

Pegasus 14 was released in August of 1999 at Gencon. Pegasus 15 was PDF only released last year. It is available thru the website.

1230 Book of Amulets and Talismans

never released

1500 Wilderlands CD-ROM UFS $46.00 18 maps of CS campaign, wilderness tables, etc.

I got the tables done, but Bob was never able to get decent scans in order to complete this project. This has been superceded by the boxed set to be released at GenCon by Necromancer Games.

1600 City State - Collector's Edition UFS $10.00

This was not a collectors edition was was not 1600. It was a reprint we released in 1999.

1700 Pegasus 14 - $3.00 32p, Summer. Storm Wrack adv.

Again released.

Al

others not released, i think, were:

1000 Lurid Lairs

never released

1070 Inns & Taverns - which i think as James just mentioned earlier - which Pegasus Mag was this in? i just checked mine and couldnt find a specific item called "Inns & Taverns", but i DID notice that in Pegasus # 11 and 12, the City State Campaign instalments, relate to Inns....so this may be what 1070 was meant to contain originally?

never released. No, this was not Inns and Taverns.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 3:20 am 

I subscribed to JG, starting with issue 3, I think.  The CSIO with the first two subscription installments came as a bonus for my first sub, and CSWE was the bonus the second year.  Installment 12 did not come with the Dragon Crown.  Y may have been Treasure Maps I, as I have a copy and don't remember how I got it.  Oddly, CSWE came as a bonus before it was included as subscription installments.  I ended up with two Magic Realm sets as well.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jun 02, 2005 5:08 pm 

Well I have aquired 5 JG catalogs (Jan 1979, May 1979, Nov 1979, Fall 80, Portly Pomp 81) and they are not item numbered. However from the 1981 Judges Guild Portly Pomp catalog it seems most everything was sold seperately, ie maps, sheets, books and it gives item numbers for each (extensions of the item number to the product involved, no new numbers or the unaccounted for ones). I shall get a list typed up probably by the weekend.

My only question for now is a result from digging through my stuff. I found a 22"x34" map of the entire Wilderlands (all 18 maps printed together with no real information on it as to map name, etc). Does anyone know what this is? and the item code if any?

Thanks,
ShaneG.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 3:43 am 

Plaag wrote:
My only question for now is a result from digging through my stuff. I found a 22"x34" map of the entire Wilderlands (all 18 maps printed together with no real information on it as to map name, etc). Does anyone know what this is? and the item code if any?

I beleive that map came with Tarantis. Don't know the code, though (if there is any).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:09 am 

I concur. That map comes with Tarantis.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jun 03, 2005 4:10 am 

yes indeedy it does...checked earlier myself - damn i had to open a tarantis  8O

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:43 am 

killjoy32 wrote:yes indeedy it does...checked earlier myself - damn i had to open a tarantis 8O

*looks at the timing compared with Ian's post above [ed. previous page]*.
Oops...!

Heh, heh; ya might actually have to read or even use one of those, then, I s'pose? ;)
Please let me know if it's any good, Al. :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:48 am 

*reads back*

OK, whilst talking about stock numbers, can anyone see one (or even an AC) printed on this? :P

You got a "copy", Mike <IO>? 8)

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:03 am 

Thanks for the pic of the shirt! Where's the Button!!  :P  :)

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:15 am 

Okay just a couple questions.

Are all Campaign Maps copyright 1977?

#28 Judges Shield: Are there any other versions that are not 3 sheets of yellow cardboard stock?

ShaneG.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:15 am 

Plaag wrote:Thanks for the pic of the shirt! Where's the Button!! :P :)

ShaneG.

*lol*

There was one...?? *scampers about to take a look*

Heh, heh... I'm still shuddering a bit from the color scheme ("light blue with royal purple lettering"). D'you think anyone could guess the "printing date" from that alone? :P

[ed. *tries to shuffle message back above your next serious question, Shane*]

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:28 am 

harami2000 wrote:
Plaag wrote:Thanks for the pic of the shirt! Where's the Button!! :P :)

ShaneG.

*lol*

There was one...?? *scampers about to take a look*

Heh, heh... I'm still shuddering a bit from the color scheme ("light blue with royal purple lettering"). D'you think anyone could guess the "printing date" from that alone? :P

[ed. *tries to shuffle message back above your next serious question, Shane*]

Those buttons depicted a picture of a drawn sword and the words: JUDGES GUILDMEMBER upon them.
And as for the shirt, I'm hoping someone has one, because the tag may have the 'copyright' information on it  :D

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:31 am 

i aint got one but would be nice to have one!

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:10 am 

My booklet J is 2-hole punched. I am certain this was not done by the original recipient, but was sent that way. What does anyone know about this? Was this a one time experiment by Judges Guild?
                                                   Tom

Started playing D&D at Great Lakes in '76-'77. Went to Dungeon in Lake Geneva. Got to adventure in original Blackmoor. Saved some rare pieces from then, not in best shape: Palace of Vampire Queen, Beastmaker Mountain. Started collecting recently.

PreviousNext