Judges Guild Questions
Author

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Sep 07, 2010 10:22 am 

JG Wilderlands, Valon Sector map.

Anybody got:

Date of first pub (in the '70s) and, if possible, a scan (showing west coastline, town names, other features)?

Thanx in advance...

Frank

EDIT: Disregard, thanx to RSConley. :)

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Feb 01, 2018 9:36 pm 

I have for sale from my collection many Judges Guild items.  They are at discount prices and will lower shipping cost for sales of more than one item. If your interested in getting a list of what I have.  Send me a email with 'Judges Guild' in the subject line, at [email protected]

Wisdom & Courage,
<==)=+Wulfnor+=(==>

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 05, 2018 12:36 pm 

Just a note concerning my reply above.  Instead, I have posted an ad in 'The Market'.  Listing what I have to sell.  Good gaming one and all!

Wisdom & Courage,
<==)=+Wulfnor+=(==>

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 6:22 pm 

Saw numbers 5, 6, and 7 of the Dungeoneer Magazine for Auction on the RPGAuctions Facebook Group. They are all supposedly the UK Versions with a price stamp in UK Pence which according to the seller was done by Games Workshop.

Does anyone know if this was a distinct printing or was it part of the normal American Print Run with a price stamp added by GW as the seller believes - it makes sense that would be likely.

I did some looking around on here to see if these have been covered and didn't see it, could have easily missed it though. Is there already a Post on here detailing the UK editions for Dungeoneer Magazine? That seller also is selling a Dungeoneer #3 which had no UK price stamp so I guess we can assume not all Issues had an UK distribution.

Thanks in advance

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 9:15 pm 

There aren't UK printings of this, merely copies that were mailed to people in the United Kingdom.

Shrink is not a condition

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:10 pm 

Thanks for the response but I'm curious to know then why they are stamped with UK pricing then?

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 27, 2018 11:13 pm 

stratochamp wrote in Judges Guild Questions:There aren't UK printings of this, merely copies that were mailed to people in the United Kingdom.

or could it mean they were mailed to a store in the UK, which then added the pricing?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 20, 2018 7:49 pm 

Mister Yuk wrote in Judges Guild Questions:
stratochamp wrote in Judges Guild Questions:There aren't UK printings of this, merely copies that were mailed to people in the United Kingdom.

or could it mean they were mailed to a store in the UK, which then added the pricing?

Yes, I would say so, possibly Games Workshop.

Otherworld Miniatures Webshop - http://www.otherworld.me.uk/store.html

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 10:24 am 

otherworld wrote in Judges Guild Questions:
Mister Yuk wrote in Judges Guild Questions:

Yes, I would say so, possibly Games Workshop.

Thanks

Sage Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:07 pm 

Games Workshop is probably right ... and yet, and yet…

There are quite a few ads from larger game shops and mail order companies in the first few issues of White Dwarf (e.g. New Model Army Miniatures advertising in WD #1, p19 listing the Dungeoneer at 50p) ….and also an ad from an as-yet-unnamed mail order company in WD#2 with a logo that turned out to be the same as that of the ultimately ubiquitous Esdevium Games (p17).

I am sure many of these shops and mail order companies bought off Games Workshop but some may have imported some roleplaying stuff directly (by, say 1977, or 1978). Was there an exclusive import deal between JG and Games workshop? I don't know, but even then, the actual price may well have been stamped by the local shop/mail order company.

Either way -- some dude back in the 70s :)

Let's go fly a kite
Up to the highest height!

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Apr 24, 2018 3:18 pm 

Thanks for weighing in on this red_bus

Previous