Judges Guild Questions
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:46 pm 

At a minimum I would note that third ed treasure list is on the cover sheet.  And that both 2nd and 3rd have the p47 error.

You might want to mention that 1st ed 1st book has the odd cover.

Just my .02.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:52 pm 

Ok, back to those JGJs...

What is the general price for I, J, L, Z and 22? :)

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:20 pm 

I and J i have never seen - pretty rare i think.

L prb $10-20 on its own but you only see it seldom

Z is JGJ 16...so just look for a #16 its normal mag format so you should pick one up cheap on ebay.

22 i think is merged with the dungeoneer.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:22 pm 

Yeah #22 is a combo with Dungeoneer #19

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:55 pm 

Howdy all!  Longtime JG fan, first time poster.  This looks like a general Q&A thread, so hopefully I'm asking this in the right place.

The Campaign Hexagon System is listed as having some charts for generating random terrain.  Do those charts appear in any other products?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:37 pm 

jrients wrote:Howdy all!  Longtime JG fan, first time poster.  This looks like a general Q&A thread, so hopefully I'm asking this in the right place.

The Campaign Hexagon System is listed as having some charts for generating random terrain.  Do those charts appear in any other products?

Welcome!

And no I don't think they do or maybe not in the extent that they are in the Campaign Hexagon System.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:52 am 

Its mentioned in the Tegel Manor thread that Tegel seems to be on an upward trend.  Is Dark Tower on a downward trend?

I picked up another copy of this version:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I thought it was a more difficult version to find but maybe it isn't as desired.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:10 am 

ddt58 wrote:My Installment M probably came with the Monstrous Compendium.  I am guessing since everything I have sat in a box for years and they different installments were all stored together, so I have been reconstructing what came with what from this site.  Unfortunately, I did not keep envelopes, but it looks like I am only missing a couple of the single pages that later became the Ready Ref sheets.

Does anyone know if JG's subscriber records were destroyed?  I think I started subscribing around Installment L, but I am not sure.  It might help reconstructing what I got and when.

A review of Journal L (back page) has the following statement:
"Along with our previously published ready-ref charts, there will be a 'Monster Compendium' listing all of the D&D monsters published so far with all of their specs in a tight listing.  This Monster Compendium will be in your next installment, also."

So the MC is supposed to be with Installment M.  I'm going to go out on a rather thick limb and guess that it didn't make it into some run of the installment.  Much like only the first run of Installment L had the Wizard's Guide.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:10 am 

Mars wrote:Its mentioned in the Tegel Manor thread that Tegel seems to be on an upward trend.  Is Dark Tower on a downward trend?

I thought it was a more difficult version to find but maybe it isn't as desired.

Well I can't for the life of me get any answers from RPGRealms, but this version of Dark Tower has been talked about in a thread and thought to be rare. Not sure how many are really looking for this either, those who want a d20 version probably will get the Goodman Games one later this year.

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:17 am 

tdewey10 wrote:
A review of Journal L (back page) has the following statement:
"Along with our previously published ready-ref charts, there will be a 'Monster Compendium' listing all of the D&D monsters published so far with all of their specs in a tight listing.  This Monster Compendium will be in your next installment, also."

So the MC is supposed to be with Installment M.  I'm going to go out on a rather thick limb and guess that it didn't make it into some run of the installment.  Much like only the first run of Installment L had the Wizard's Guide.

Yeah sadly with few having saved the mailed envelopes its hard to know.

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:42 pm 

Plaag,

How was the Tegel first printing with the flycover sans booty list determined to be the fourth release?  I was looking for an early discussion on it but couldn't find it.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:38 pm 

tdewey10 wrote:Plaag,

How was the Tegel first printing with the flycover sans booty list determined to be the fourth release?  I was looking for an early discussion on it but couldn't find it.

I believe this: Tegel Manor • Page 3 • Judges Guild •  The Acaeum

Would have to check..think maybe this should have been the later printed book (orange, no Ende), but if you have one with the earlier one then that helps.

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 6:00 pm 

Plaag wrote:
I believe this: Tegel Manor • Page 3 • Judges Guild •  The Acaeum

Would have to check..think maybe this should have been the later printed book (orange, no Ende), but if you have one with the earlier one then that helps.

ShaneG.

Thanks for the link.  It just seems to me that there's no way to confirm that the so-called 'fourth release' (w/o the booty list) was a fourth release.  Unless there is additional information that I'm missing.

It just seems odd that the last release is the one w/o a booty list.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Sep 27, 2007 9:25 pm 

Mars wrote:Its mentioned in the Tegel Manor thread that Tegel seems to be on an upward trend.  Is Dark Tower on a downward trend?

The 3.0 version of Dark Tower does not have the atmosphere of the original.  It can sell in the $12 range, but I recently passed one up at the Tacoma, Washington Half Price Books store for $6.50.

One thing that irks me about the 3.0 version is there is no acknowledgement of the author...nor was he paid anything for it.  Maybe the ownership/money part was kosher, but the lack of an author's credit was serious discourtesy.

The publishers of the 3.0 Dark Tower had little or no knowledge of the rules and basically rushed a generic module into print.  Although it would just barely suffice as an AD&D module it is not really useable for a 3.0 DM.

Since the 3.0 Dark Tower fails as an homage, and as an update, and as a module, its value is low.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 03, 2007 10:19 pm 

I was curious if anyone knew which JG product was the first one to have an illustration by Kevin Siembieda? I think it would be neat to find it (if I don't own it already) and get him to sign it... assuming he would.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Oct 04, 2007 5:49 pm 

serleran wrote:I was curious if anyone knew which JG product was the first one to have an illustration by Kevin Siembieda? I think it would be neat to find it (if I don't own it already) and get him to sign it... assuming he would.

Well I'm finding that some later printings are replacing other artwork with his. As for his first stand alone (i.e. first printing of something) I'm not sure nor even with replacing artwork which is earliest. I want to say 1979 would be around the target year for his work.

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 12:57 pm 

Plaag,

Am selling a copy of Wilderlans of the Fantastic Reaches with:
The 2 16 page booklets from 1st printing.
The color cover (just like 2nd printing) but no treasure list on back.
You want any photos?

Trev

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Oct 10, 2007 2:57 pm 

tdewey10 wrote:Plaag,

Am selling a copy of Wilderlans of the Fantastic Reaches with:
The 2 16 page booklets from 1st printing.
The color cover (just like 2nd printing) but no treasure list on back.
You want any photos?

Trev

Yeah.
Interesting bit about the no list on back.

ShaneG.

PreviousNext