Judges Guild Questions
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:17 pm 

I'm currently selling my 48 page copy of Wilderlands and when looking for my booty list to see whether it was a 2nd or 3rd edition I realize my copy doesn't have a booty list.

Index lists a booty list at page 48.

I also notice that page 47 is completely missing from the first page index.

So I'm completely stumped.  It doesn't seemt to fit into any of the editions on this site.

I uploaded some pics to the ebay auction (not gonna link for obvious reasons) and some to flikr which I'll link below.

Flickr: tdewey100's Photostream

No mention of page 47 on the index.
Flickr: Page Not Found
And my page 48
(showing page 46 below to prove it is 48)
Flickr: Page Not Found

Cheers,

Trev

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:45 pm 

Hum..you may have the 3rd printing book (will have to see if the booty list is on the cover page and not actually in the book).

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:47 pm 

Plaag wrote:Hum..you may have the 3rd printing book (will have to see if the booty list is on the cover page and not actually in the book).

ShaneG.

Ah. I forgot that the 3rd ed had a cover page.  Did they all have the index error?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:52 pm 

tdewey10 wrote:
Ah. I forgot that the 3rd ed had a cover page.  Did they all have the index error?

Yep..just checked and seems I may start the close examination with this product now that I have it out

Index on both does not list pg 47
2nd print has Booty List on pg 47
3rd print has Booty List on cover sheet

Good catch on that error.

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 15, 2007 10:53 pm 

Plaag wrote:
Yep..just checked and seems I may start the close examination with this product now that I have it out

Index on both does not list pg 47
2nd print has Booty List on pg 47
3rd print has Booty List on cover sheet

Good catch on that error.

ShaneG.

Thanks

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 8:04 am 

Okay curious how I should present differences for various printings. Here is what I have cobbled together for Magic Realm:

Author: Mark Holmer
Editor: Penny Gooding
Artist(s): Paul Jaquays
Interior Art only in 2nd and later printings: Kevin Siembieda, Paul Jaquays

1st Print

Oddities
Book 1 Cover: Has same image as Wilderlands of the Fantastic Reaches

Book 2 Cover: Is product number listed on this cover for when sold as set (and image changed to not confuse with Wilderlands of the Fantastic Reaches)?

Book Covers: states ‘Designed & Approved For Use Especially With' Dungeons & Dragons. Why is price listed as $8.50 on both covers?

2nd Print

Oddities
Pg 3: No page 47 listed in Index
Various Pages: Still has broken characters throughout as if the same typeset was used as the previous printing, though not in all instances (Book 2 seems better then this printing)

Differences with previous printing
Book Cover: Shares the same image as Book 2, states ‘Approved For Use With' Dungeons & Dragons

Contents:
Now 48 pages and one book
Pg 16: Designer's Notes added (previously printed in Journal 14)
Pg 40: Wilderlands map added and lists 14 numbered rectangular areas

3rd Print

Oddities
Pg 3: No page 47 listed in Index, Booty List still stated as on page 48 (Is actually Treasure vault and on back of cover sheet)
Various Pages: Still has broken characters throughout as before

Differences with previous printing
Cover Sheet: matches book cover except for being in color, author's name not shown, states ‘Created For and Approved For Use With' Dungeons & Dragons, Has product list on the back

Book Cover: Now has Judges Shield Logo, Lists contents above picture, Author's name appears in upper right of picture, Product Number and Price are in a small box in lower right, states "Official Campaign Approved For' Dungeons & Dragons

Contents:
Pg 3: Copyright 1980, Address and All rights reserved paragraph
Pg 40: Wilderlands map changes to the full 18 numbered and titled rectangles, page is also not numbered
Pg 47: Titled ‘Notes' with lines narrower then previous two pages and filling up more of the page

Should I list pages of art that was added in 2nd+ printings along with the other pages (some listed above)? Should I state where tables have been moved (replaced by art, but presented after other text now in 2nd+ printings)?
Different format compared to the one above?

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 16, 2007 4:46 pm 

At a minimum I would note that third ed treasure list is on the cover sheet.  And that both 2nd and 3rd have the p47 error.

You might want to mention that 1st ed 1st book has the odd cover.

Just my .02.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 5:52 pm 

Ok, back to those JGJs...

What is the general price for I, J, L, Z and 22? :)

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:20 pm 

I and J i have never seen - pretty rare i think.

L prb $10-20 on its own but you only see it seldom

Z is JGJ 16...so just look for a #16 its normal mag format so you should pick one up cheap on ebay.

22 i think is merged with the dungeoneer.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Sep 17, 2007 9:22 pm 

Yeah #22 is a combo with Dungeoneer #19

ShaneG.

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 18, 2007 3:55 pm 

Howdy all!  Longtime JG fan, first time poster.  This looks like a general Q&A thread, so hopefully I'm asking this in the right place.

The Campaign Hexagon System is listed as having some charts for generating random terrain.  Do those charts appear in any other products?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 19, 2007 5:37 pm 

jrients wrote:Howdy all!  Longtime JG fan, first time poster.  This looks like a general Q&A thread, so hopefully I'm asking this in the right place.

The Campaign Hexagon System is listed as having some charts for generating random terrain.  Do those charts appear in any other products?

Welcome!

And no I don't think they do or maybe not in the extent that they are in the Campaign Hexagon System.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 10:52 am 

Its mentioned in the Tegel Manor thread that Tegel seems to be on an upward trend.  Is Dark Tower on a downward trend?

I picked up another copy of this version:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I thought it was a more difficult version to find but maybe it isn't as desired.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:10 am 

ddt58 wrote:My Installment M probably came with the Monstrous Compendium.  I am guessing since everything I have sat in a box for years and they different installments were all stored together, so I have been reconstructing what came with what from this site.  Unfortunately, I did not keep envelopes, but it looks like I am only missing a couple of the single pages that later became the Ready Ref sheets.

Does anyone know if JG's subscriber records were destroyed?  I think I started subscribing around Installment L, but I am not sure.  It might help reconstructing what I got and when.

A review of Journal L (back page) has the following statement:
"Along with our previously published ready-ref charts, there will be a 'Monster Compendium' listing all of the D&D monsters published so far with all of their specs in a tight listing.  This Monster Compendium will be in your next installment, also."

So the MC is supposed to be with Installment M.  I'm going to go out on a rather thick limb and guess that it didn't make it into some run of the installment.  Much like only the first run of Installment L had the Wizard's Guide.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:10 am 

Mars wrote:Its mentioned in the Tegel Manor thread that Tegel seems to be on an upward trend.  Is Dark Tower on a downward trend?

I picked up another copy of this version:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I thought it was a more difficult version to find but maybe it isn't as desired.

Well I can't for the life of me get any answers from RPGRealms, but this version of Dark Tower has been talked about in a thread and thought to be rare. Not sure how many are really looking for this either, those who want a d20 version probably will get the Goodman Games one later this year.

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 11:17 am 

tdewey10 wrote:
A review of Journal L (back page) has the following statement:
"Along with our previously published ready-ref charts, there will be a 'Monster Compendium' listing all of the D&D monsters published so far with all of their specs in a tight listing.  This Monster Compendium will be in your next installment, also."

So the MC is supposed to be with Installment M.  I'm going to go out on a rather thick limb and guess that it didn't make it into some run of the installment.  Much like only the first run of Installment L had the Wizard's Guide.

Yeah sadly with few having saved the mailed envelopes its hard to know.

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 23, 2007 2:42 pm 

Plaag,

How was the Tegel first printing with the flycover sans booty list determined to be the fourth release?  I was looking for an early discussion on it but couldn't find it.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Sep 26, 2007 5:38 pm 

tdewey10 wrote:Plaag,

How was the Tegel first printing with the flycover sans booty list determined to be the fourth release?  I was looking for an early discussion on it but couldn't find it.

I believe this: Tegel Manor • Page 3 • Judges Guild •  The Acaeum

Would have to check..think maybe this should have been the later printed book (orange, no Ende), but if you have one with the earlier one then that helps.

ShaneG.

PreviousNext