Judges Guild Questions
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 35 of 40123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 383940
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:23 am 

killjoy32 wrote:well i have 4 instalment Ms here that i havent sold you because of this issue.

i have bought them from all manner of sources, one a collector too and not one had the sheet in....just seems a little coincidental to me and WOULD fit with whats been said above...

anyway i am always guided by the general consensus so....

Al

As noted I find it highly doutbful that the monstrous compendium was normally/initially part of installment M.  It may have been part of a subsequent printing or retail sales or backorders for M from new subscribers post the original installment.  In particular, as noted, I have only had this copy of M but I have previously owned the yellow sheet from instore purchases back in the day and the only JG products I owned prior to my feeble attemps at collecting in the mid-90s (i.e. products I bought from retail stores back in the late 70's) were Fortress Badabaskor, City State, Ready Ref sheets and Tegel.

Edit: So my yellow sheet shipped with one of those four -- my memory, perhaps incorrect (its been 30 years after all), was that it was with either the retail RR or Tegel -- it could have been City State or Badabaskor.   It couldn't have been anything else.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:48 am 

-- old posts Modron (Q/A)[/quote]
- Unconvincing to say the least.
why unconvincing when posts agree with your own observation about no sheet like Al says even with original subscription copy?? :) :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:40 am 

well my thought was not that i disagree with shane, but i dont think everything released actually had one. there was a print/number of prints or batches that didnt have them.

remember, this was a small company and not that greatly organised and there must have been anomalies thats all i am saying.

so the item isnt "necessarily" incomplete.

thats all i was trying to say......there should be an allowance for that because i simply dont feel like everything was "so set in stone" back then.

no way man!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:12 am 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:-- old posts Modron (Q/A)

- Unconvincing to say the least.
why unconvincing when posts agree with your own observation about no sheet like Al says even with original subscription copy?? :) :)[/quote]

I agree with Al/Killjoy. I was disagreeing with Shane./Plaag

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:27 am 

Well, I'll say that I have an Installment M with this..which I bought from TimK..it has the Booklet M with broken text seen here: Modron Differences
Journal M, Two maps, Journal M, Monster sheet and envelope.

Journal M, unnumbered page 7, Tips from the tower says this Monster sheet is included, which is also included on the Judges Shield.

Booty List #32 has the RR sheet with Booklet M, #34 has Installment as item #s 31-33

What Booklet M does everyone have?

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:32 am 

Plus, to also clarify..The Installment M would have the Journal..the auction is for the Booklet M with maps.

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:22 pm 

Plaag wrote:Well, I'll say that I have an Installment M with this..which I bought from TimK..it has the Booklet M with broken text seen here: Modron Differences
Journal M, Two maps, Journal M, Monster sheet and envelope.

Journal M, unnumbered page 7, Tips from the tower says this Monster sheet is included, which is also included on the Judges Shield.

Booty List #32 has the RR sheet with Booklet M, #34 has Installment as item #s 31-33

What Booklet M does everyone have?

ShaneG.

The one being auctioned is the left with the vertical printing issue.  AFAIK, out of 6 Installment M's (mine, killx4 and yours) only yours has the monster sheet.  Which seems pretty flipping low.   Not impossible of course -- but seems improbable.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:39 pm 

tdewey10 wrote:
The one being auctioned is the left with the vertical printing issue.  AFAIK, out of 6 Installment M's (mine, killx4 and yours) only yours has the monster sheet.  Which seems pretty flipping low.   Not impossible of course -- but seems improbable.

Installment M is being thrown around where it shouldn't be.
If the Booklet M was bought with Journal M at the same time then the discussion can be made about differences. Each of the components was sold separately so they can be found in any makeup people wanted and still not be Installment M.

Now I could think of reasons why some maybe throw the RR sheet out if they had the same info on the card stock Judges Shield or acquired the TSR Monster & Treasure Assortments...Judges Guild was the first to compile the list of monsters, along with having a shield.

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 1:58 pm 

Plaag wrote:
Now I could think of reasons why some maybe throw the RR sheet out if they had the same info on the card stock Judges Shield or acquired the TSR Monster & Treasure Assortments...Judges Guild was the first to compile the list of monsters, along with having a shield.

ShaneG.

I find it hard to believe that this happened in every case but one.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:10 pm 

tdewey10 wrote:
I find it hard to believe that this happened in every case but one.

Only one case states having Journal M: Ian's copy at the time..so if all of these were Installment M's then they seem to have lost the Journal M.

This is basically where I'm standing at the moment on this..It is not an Installment without the Journal. (Yeah envelopes get tossed, so to have it is a bonus, but to claim booklet and maps is Installment, sorry you have to come up with something more definitive.)

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 3:58 pm 

Plaag wrote:
Only one case states having Journal M: Ian's copy at the time..so if all of these were Installment M's then they seem to have lost the Journal M.

This is basically where I'm standing at the moment on this..It is not an Installment without the Journal. (Yeah envelopes get tossed, so to have it is a bonus, but to claim booklet and maps is Installment, sorry you have to come up with something more definitive.)

ShaneG.

Shane

i have Ian's instalment M. this also came from the Burntwire Bros before that, so it has a good collecting pedigree. BUT that doesnt have the monster sheet dude...

thats why i have always been so insistent that it may not have always been put in etc...

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:57 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
Shane

i have Ian's instalment M. this also came from the Burntwire Bros before that, so it has a good collecting pedigree. BUT that doesnt have the monster sheet dude...

thats why i have always been so insistent that it may not have always been put in etc...

Al

So only one of the 4 is an installment though..just to clear up the numbers. And that's the broken text on the booklet cover? Think David may have had an Installment M without now I think about it, and I reread the emails Stuart Jacobson sent and he never mentioned one (though he's mixed contents, he never listed one in correspondence.)

I'll concede (as Mythbuster's say: It's plausible) till further evidence: its 2 mailed vs 1 unmailed envelopes.

I still stand by its not an Installment without Journal, so if they didn't come together, it can't be argued.

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:58 pm 

Plaag wrote:

I still stand by its not an Installment without Journal, so if they didn't come together, it can't be argued.

ShaneG.

Absolutely, my bad for misusing the term.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:58 pm 

umm no i have three instalments and one "modron"

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:02 pm 

tdewey10 wrote:
Absolutely, my bad for misusing the term.

:) It's all good, just like to be clear in discussions. Even if I can't quite write it the way I intend it.

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:04 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:umm no i have three instalments and one "modron"

Al

All the same booklet M? (would be good to have that confirmed with numbers - broken text prominent in the Installments)

Course if it means having to dig through stuff to find, you don't have to do that now :)

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:10 pm 

when i get a sec i will dig em all out and check page by page ok.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 5:22 pm 

- All the same booklet M? (would be good to have that confirmed with numbers - broken text prominent in the Installments)
was theory on second page Modron (Q/A) is that confirmed only with known installments of modron??
not related but was looking at Modron Play Aid . bulk rate meter mail reads to me one cent more than first class??

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 35 of 40123 ... 32, 33, 34, 35, 36 ... 383940