Judges Guild Questions
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 34 of 40123 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 383940
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat May 12, 2007 7:51 pm 

Thanks, Shane.  Geez, it even SMELLS nice in here!   :D  That other place is all, like, man-ass and stuff.  

Anyway, the three I have are all 2nd prints, and I'll gladly post scans of them all.  It might take a few days, though.  Doesn't seem like fading.  Seems like the kind of difference you see in, for example, the Tegel Manor booklets.  Just a slight variation in the shade of the cover.

Let mirth prevail!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 15, 2007 7:38 am 

bombadil wrote:Thanks, Shane.  Geez, it even SMELLS nice in here!   :D  That other place is all, like, man-ass and stuff.  

Anyway, the three I have are all 2nd prints, and I'll gladly post scans of them all.  It might take a few days, though.  Doesn't seem like fading.  Seems like the kind of difference you see in, for example, the Tegel Manor booklets.  Just a slight variation in the shade of the cover.

Actually going through scans/pics I have and some info, it seems there is various shading differences for these booklets. What if anything that means I don't know, but I'll try and remember to see if my booklet I's have any shade differences and if so if that corresponds to the CSIOs. (not to mention any other textual differences or blemishes, since Booklet M has 2 different 'prints' as it were)

No rush on the scans, as I'm not sure when I'll be checking mine :)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 02, 2007 5:15 pm 

Anyone know how I could contact Chuck Anshell?

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 23, 2007 11:55 pm 

Plaag wrote:Seen this in Pegasus 8 as something that was never released:

Golden Sands of Death by Edward R. G. Mortimer, Joseph Weingaad, and Paul W. Vinton: Adventure in the Desert lands (Campaign Map 7), politic, history, the forms of the Holy Cities; battle the proud nomads, the Golden Lions, temple-fortress, wilderness.

Google turns up nothing, but wondering if this exists or has been lost as other things for Judges Guild has been.

ShaneG.

Was it ever determined whether this existed?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 1:46 am 

The Golden Sands of Death did not make it to press before Judges Guild went under and as such was never released.  Last I heard from Ed Mortimer the manuscript might still exist, but it would require some effort for him to dig through everything he has packed away to see if he still has his copy.  He did indicate that Joseph Weingaad, and Paul W. Vinton might have more insight into the module provided someone knows how to contact them as he has lost touch with them over the years.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 8:14 pm 

Tdewey100 has an Instalment M up for auction:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Shane. i have brought this up with you before.....

this monster sheet....

does that have it or not?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:09 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:Tdewey100 has an Instalment M up for auction:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

Shane. i have brought this up with you before.....

this monster sheet....

does that have it or not?

Al

My auction doesn't have the sheet.  FWIW, I actually recall those things now that I've seen a picture of them.  I remember getting them with a ready ref sheets or an orange Tegel -- bought together from a store back in 1977 or so.   IIRC, they were just inserted in the middle of the ref sheets I bought.

Edit: My copy is long since lost but I'm fairly sure that Installment M did not ship with the ship to subscribers.  My M is from Mike Richter's auction back in 98 or so and he was insanely good about keeping stuff together.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:22 pm 

Monstrous Statistics Compendium

That came with the installment M.
It was Installment K and L that had the sheets missing or added when initially shipped.

ShaneG.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:24 pm 

Plaag wrote:Monstrous Statistics Compendium

That came with the installment M.
It was Installment K and L that had the sheets missing or added when initially shipped.

ShaneG.

Color me dubious.  For the reasons noted in my edited comment above.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 10:57 pm 

- Color me dubious.  For the reasons noted in my edited comment above.[/quote]
old posts Modron (Q/A)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 24, 2007 11:30 pm 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:- Color me dubious.  For the reasons noted in my edited comment above.

old posts Modron (Q/A)[/quote]

Unconvincing to say the least.  As noted I got my M from a very careful collector (alsot get orange 2nd print Tegel from him -- was complete with cover sheet and one-sided checklist).  I note that Killjoy had similiar experience -- Installment M's from multiple sources and no sheets.

Furthermore, while I have owned JG-35 before (as noted I came along with either a Tegel or RR I bought in 1977).  I have never owned an Installment M until I bought Mike Richter's copy in 1998/9 (whenever that auction was on r.g.b.m).  So there is no way that JG-35 was exclusive to Installment M.

I don't doubt that it is possible that some installment M's had the JG-35 sheet (maybe backorders) but it seems highly doubtful that original subscribers got it with their Installment M based on that thread.

My .02

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:13 am 

well i have 4 instalment Ms here that i havent sold you because of this issue.

i have bought them from all manner of sources, one a collector too and not one had the sheet in....just seems a little coincidental to me and WOULD fit with whats been said above...

anyway i am always guided by the general consensus so....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 12:23 am 

killjoy32 wrote:well i have 4 instalment Ms here that i havent sold you because of this issue.

i have bought them from all manner of sources, one a collector too and not one had the sheet in....just seems a little coincidental to me and WOULD fit with whats been said above...

anyway i am always guided by the general consensus so....

Al

As noted I find it highly doutbful that the monstrous compendium was normally/initially part of installment M.  It may have been part of a subsequent printing or retail sales or backorders for M from new subscribers post the original installment.  In particular, as noted, I have only had this copy of M but I have previously owned the yellow sheet from instore purchases back in the day and the only JG products I owned prior to my feeble attemps at collecting in the mid-90s (i.e. products I bought from retail stores back in the late 70's) were Fortress Badabaskor, City State, Ready Ref sheets and Tegel.

Edit: So my yellow sheet shipped with one of those four -- my memory, perhaps incorrect (its been 30 years after all), was that it was with either the retail RR or Tegel -- it could have been City State or Badabaskor.   It couldn't have been anything else.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 4:48 am 

-- old posts Modron (Q/A)[/quote]
- Unconvincing to say the least.
why unconvincing when posts agree with your own observation about no sheet like Al says even with original subscription copy?? :) :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 7:40 am 

well my thought was not that i disagree with shane, but i dont think everything released actually had one. there was a print/number of prints or batches that didnt have them.

remember, this was a small company and not that greatly organised and there must have been anomalies thats all i am saying.

so the item isnt "necessarily" incomplete.

thats all i was trying to say......there should be an allowance for that because i simply dont feel like everything was "so set in stone" back then.

no way man!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 9:12 am 

Rakeesh sah Tarna wrote:-- old posts Modron (Q/A)

- Unconvincing to say the least.
why unconvincing when posts agree with your own observation about no sheet like Al says even with original subscription copy?? :) :)[/quote]

I agree with Al/Killjoy. I was disagreeing with Shane./Plaag

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:27 am 

Well, I'll say that I have an Installment M with this..which I bought from TimK..it has the Booklet M with broken text seen here: Modron Differences
Journal M, Two maps, Journal M, Monster sheet and envelope.

Journal M, unnumbered page 7, Tips from the tower says this Monster sheet is included, which is also included on the Judges Shield.

Booty List #32 has the RR sheet with Booklet M, #34 has Installment as item #s 31-33

What Booklet M does everyone have?

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Aug 25, 2007 11:32 am 

Plus, to also clarify..The Installment M would have the Journal..the auction is for the Booklet M with maps.

ShaneG.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 34 of 40123 ... 31, 32, 33, 34, 35 ... 383940