Judges Guild Questions
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 29 of 40123 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 383940
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 4:34 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
just checked my JG46. there are 4 double sided map sheets, so there you go :)

i have a load of them loose too.

Al

I really wish someone would reprint those maps or some like them with the numbering.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:14 pm 

Marlith wrote:
I really wish someone would reprint those maps or some like them with the numbering.

why?

wasnt there a link the other week to a page where you could print your own ?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 5:25 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
why?

wasnt there a link the other week to a page where you could print your own ?

Al

I posted the link and for adventures, encounters and general use that is great. It did not have the numbered hexes though it is nice to be able to list villages and such by Map 7B Hex 418 and the like. I guess I could manually number my hexes but the thought of that in no way says "good times, noodle salad". They were also the larger size what is it 24 x 30 or something like that.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 7:26 am 

Beyondthebreach wrote:I got some JG items in a lot of books I purchased.  They are Village Book I & II.   However, I thought I would mention them as I couldn't find the exact printing on the subweb.

Village Book I appears just like the 1st printing on the site, but the last page says Treasure Vault with the highest number being 119.

Village Book II appears like the 2nd print, but the the copyright is 1979 and the highest number is 150 (CSofthe World Emperor - Coming soon)

?????
:)

MShipley88 wrote:Cool items...the hex sheets, I mean.  Village Book I and II are moderately collectable.

How many sheets are in a pack...assuming that the pack you have is opened but complete.

Mark   8)

Yeah, I should have mentioned that I realize they are fairly common and not too valuable, but I wanted to point them for the sake of print run completeness - just in case it's something that Shane wasn't aware of.

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 8:44 am 

my village book I ties in with whats on the site. 1st print is fine. cant check the "2nd print" as that ones in shrink

i have village book II but again thats in shrink so cant check that one either

shane will clear it all later - might be worth doing scans of the product pages tho BtB cos he will prb ask for that anyway.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 13, 2006 10:49 pm 

Beyondthebreach wrote:
Yeah, I should have mentioned that I realize they are fairly common and not too valuable, but I wanted to point them for the sake of print run completeness - just in case it's something that Shane wasn't aware of.

Ditto on what AL said..

Look in the list for Village Book II and see if has Journal 19 listed (but don't think it gies a number 160 for it)

As for Village book I some scans would be nice (cover, product list pages) or if you want to sell that would be better :)

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 5:30 am 

just thought i would note, that since i have been on ebay collecting, this is the time where the lowest number of JG items have been available on ebay (in auctions that is).

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 12:57 pm 

Yes, it is quite a change from recent months with up to four pages of JG items.  Have Tarumil and Hamilcar run out of items?  Is Fencert going completely dry?  Has Al managed to purchase every Judges Guild common remaining in existence?   8O

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 2:59 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Yes, it is quite a change from recent months with up to four pages of JG items.  Have Tarumil and Hamilcar run out of items?  Is Fencert going completely dry?  Has Al managed to purchase every Judges Guild common remaining in existence?   8O

hardly!

there are plenty around as far as i know. i didnt manage to do a deal with Terry in the end, which was a shame. he changed his mind (or to put it more correctly, his wife changed it for him) so i lost out on a decent load of stuff, but hey never mind, thats the way it goes sometimes eh.

i aint put any stuff up for a few weeks...having a break n all that. will put some up in the next day or two, to bolster the listings some :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 3:53 pm 

Was wondering why there was not many Judges Guild items up as well. Think the last major seller was Egor and some Traveller stuff.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:19 pm 

Plaag wrote:Was wondering why there was not many Judges Guild items up as well. Think the last major seller was Egor and some Traveller stuff.

ShaneG.

next it will be Al with some traveller stuff :)

dont want to put another wilderlands of the magic realm 1st up yet, or a tegel - too early man. will wait another 3 months i think.

could put a nice 1st modron up tho, but trouble is i dont have that monster sheet that you say same with it (despite the fact that where this came from i cant believe the item would be incomplete!!!)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:44 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
next it will be Al with some traveller stuff :)

dont want to put another wilderlands of the magic realm 1st up yet, or a tegel - too early man. will wait another 3 months i think.

could put a nice 1st modron up tho, but trouble is i dont have that monster sheet that you say same with it (despite the fact that where this came from i cant believe the item would be incomplete!!!)

Al

Monster sheet comes with the Installment. The booklet bought seperate from it is still stated in Booty Lists to include the sheet.
Only known instance where the RR sheet was not included was the initial release of Installment K (which was later supplied in Installment L and also sold later in Booklet K when in stores and mail order)

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Sep 04, 2006 6:50 pm 

Well Syratano has put up some stuff: Judges Guild | eBay

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:16 am 

see that inferno sold for a stomping price:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

nice to see it can command value still!

Al

ps. shane: well done on the auctions there man!!

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 9:29 am 

killjoy32 wrote:see that inferno sold for a stomping price:

nice to see it can command value still!

Al

ps. shane: well done on the auctions there man!!

Thanks, was pleased before the couple of snipers took to the auctions. Even more so after :D

ShaneG.

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Sep 09, 2006 10:52 am 

Plaag wrote:Well Syratano has put up some stuff: Judges Guild | eBay

ShaneG.

Nice typo on this one:

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Sep 16, 2006 5:12 am 

So far I have discovered 84 people who have worked for Judges Guild from 1976-1999. Course I hope to break down what they did and for what products, as well as year(s) working for/at the company, etc (have done the obvious from the names listed on the pages of the site)
Also I did take the information from this list: judgesguild.net but have found many more names of people who wrote for Judges Guild.

So if anyone wants to help with this by providing what people did what for each product (ie editor, typesetter, writer, artist) would be greatful. Artist is one I especially want since they don't seem to get credit other then the magazines.

So this is what I am still working on for the site:
Dungeoneer Table of Contents - done just needs to be put on site

Journal Table of Contents - done just needs to be put on site

Pegasus Table of Contents - partly done

Employee/Staff breakdown - just sort of started

Group One Product pages - have a good portion of the images/info just not wrote it up for the site yet

Mayfair Product pages - need to scan in more of the contents/etc and write up info for the site

Product reviews (both from magazines and people willing to contribute) - Have some scans from various magazines, but done nothing much with them at this point

Judges Guild Ads - Have those from Dragon, White Dwarf and some various others I need to post (think I may just do a compilation page by magazine)

And who knows what else comes to mind.

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Sep 30, 2006 5:15 pm 

Well now I seem to have found something to support what I originally had for #860 Wraith Overlord..found it in the Magazine Different Worlds #20. Anyway it states #860 has both a 17x22 map of the CSIO and 34x22 map (printed on both sides) of the sewer system and various underground buildings.
Well mine was SW and had both (though I've moved the pic to #9 City State Judges Map )

So does anyone else have a SW copy of #860 with these two maps?

Would seem to mean they continued to use Hammermill into 1982 or they had these maps laying around unsold and decided to bundle them with #860.

Any other thoughts? (Man someone get David back here as well)

ShaneG.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 29 of 40123 ... 26, 27, 28, 29, 30 ... 383940