Judges Guild Questions
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 28 of 40123 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 383940
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:28 am 

faro wrote:Hiya (in passing), Shane,

Yup; very good. Thanks! :D

Don't know whether that might appear fractionally better still with the page numbers at the left, with visible table lines, or with the subtitles prefixed with a dash and in smaller font, but no complaints at all with that 'dex info as reformatted.

Cheers,
d.

I can try messing around with those suggestions and see what looks good/works.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jul 22, 2006 8:48 am 

Well don't like the border so may try the other suggestions at a later time.

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 9:25 am 

Anybody got an idea about the rarity of this little item:

** expired/removed eBay auction **

I have been intrigued about it for awhile now.  Always loved the cover art and the fact it was written by Paul Jaquays.  But I never see it on Ebay so when I noticed it the other day I put in a nice little snipe last night.  Either way now I can stop looking for one.  :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:04 am 

Kingofpain89 wrote:Anybody got an idea about the rarity of this little item:

I have been intrigued about it for awhile now.  Always loved the cover art and the fact it was written by Paul Jaquays.  But I never see it on Ebay so when I noticed it the other day I put in a nice little snipe last night.  Either way now I can stop looking for one.  :D

KOP. thats a decent enough win, though maybe slightly on the higher side of its worth. saying that, i have sold about 6 of these in the last year and i think i had 1 copy that sold over that and the other 5 under it.

glad you got it though. i just sold one off my site a few weeks back. think i had them listed for £7.99 or summit like that (slightly lower than your win).... i have my last one listed now:

Dungeons & Dragons (TSR, D&D, AD&D), Judges Guild, White Wolf, etc. for Collectors and Players

you do see em crop up fairly regular on ebay, but they dont really go out with a bang like some other JG items do. nice to get tho and imo thats one of my fave JG covers too.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:11 am 

Don't see it to often, so thats a good price especially in SW (but you'll be opening this one I'm guessing?)

Legendary Duck Tower and Other Tales is another that does well in price, though again its based off a great module and the Runequest Judges Shield does good, since Chaosium never put a shield out. Most of the others are common and so far I know of only Broken Tree Inn having another printing (so if you do open the SW I'd be interested to know if it is different then Hellpits of Nightfang )

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 10:14 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
KOP. thats a decent enough win, though maybe slightly on the higher side of its worth. saying that, i have sold about 6 of these in the last year and i think i had 1 copy that sold over that and the other 5 under it.

glad you got it though. i just sold one off my site a few weeks back. think i had them listed for £7.99 or summit like that (slightly lower than your win).... i have my last one listed now:

Dungeons & Dragons (TSR, D&D, AD&D), Judges Guild, White Wolf, etc. for Collectors and Players

you do see em crop up fairly regular on ebay, but they dont really go out with a bang like some other JG items do. nice to get tho and imo thats one of my fave JG covers too.

Al

See two different perspectives - I'd go with Al on this (he's seen more and sold more)

Al - were those in SW that you've sold?

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 11:01 am 

Plaag wrote:
See two different perspectives - I'd go with Al on this (he's seen more and sold more)

Al - were those in SW that you've sold?

ShaneG.

hey shane. Off top of my head, i dont think so. maybe 1 or 2 might have been. in fact now i think about it, 1 most definately was. had that ye-olde SW feel - you know what i mean, but i think the rest were non-shrinked. they were also unused too (as i got em in a batch from the same seller whom funnily enough, most of the stuff was latter print items too).

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 12:32 pm 

I see that one around fairly often.  I have not looked at it in about 20 years, but my main memory of it is that it sucks.  I believe that it's about a pit...where Nightfang lives...but...a pit.

Then again, lots of classic game collectables suck.  Some of them are still around now because they did not get used back then...or because they were open in the game store and people could read enough to tell they sucked.

Mark   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:23 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:
  I see that one around fairly often.  I have not looked at it in about 20 years, but my main memory of it is that it sucks.  I believe that it's about a pit...where Nightfang lives...but...a pit.

Then again, lots of classic game collectables suck.  Some of them are still around now because they did not get used back then...or because they were open in the game store and people could read enough to tell they sucked.

Mark   8)

Makes me glad you arent a movie critic Mark.   :wink:  I figure it cant be any worse than Castle Greyhawk or any of the Dragonlance modules.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 1:57 pm 

Actually, I'm the movie critic you need.  I'm not hard to please...effort will do.   :D

Like the last King Kong movie...I've never seen a movie try harder.  Parts of it were awesome.  

That woman manages to keep her skirt down the entire movie...now how is that possible?

Now...the last three Star Wars films...I've never seen a great series take its audience for granted so blatantly.  I actually fell assleep at a couple points!  :?  Midichlorians?  (Time magazine even noted in its pre-Phantom Menace review that when the midichlorians were mentioned during a test showing a guy in the audience actually shouted, "Oh God!" in derision.)

But, as for Hellpits of Nightfang....the problem may lie in the differences between RuneQuest and AD&D.    What constitutes a major threat in RuneQuest might not even be sort of a challenge in AD&D.  I was evaluating the product, back then and now, on its usefulness to my campaign, rather than as a work or art or a collectable game publication.

Mark   8)

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jul 28, 2006 3:45 pm 

Was shown this today:
http://www.wiu.edu/users/mudjs1/lukesaber.jpg
And its resemblance to this:
In Search of Kelandor's Gold

Plus something I've found out recently:
Bob Bledsaw says the boarding party combat between Darth Vader's minions and the princesses defending soldiers, inspired him to design 'Imperial Infantry Squad'.

Pretty cool.

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:26 pm 

Used some of the suggestions for the magazine table of content list here:

Dungeoneers Journal 25

Does this look better? worse? (I figure with some descriptions under the monsters, and magic items it'll look even better)

ShaneG.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 12:42 pm 

Hi Shane,
Great work on the Judge's Guild information.
I just had a look at the magazine table of contents and it might just be my "old eyes' but the small font is very hard to read in 1024x768 on a 17" monitor.
Just my 2 cents worth  :)

Possible solution: maybe same size font as rest of body but leave it italic and indented.

JasonW

Check out my Chaosium sourcebook.
Secrets of Tibet

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 06, 2006 2:08 pm 

Hi Shane,

Looks good.

Lance

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:27 pm 

I got some JG items in a lot of books I purchased.  They are Village Book I & II.   However, I thought I would mention them as I couldn't find the exact printing on the subweb.

Village Book I appears just like the 1st printing on the site, but the last page says Treasure Vault with the highest number being 119.

Village Book II appears like the 2nd print, but the the copyright is 1979 and the highest number is 150 (CSofthe World Emperor - Coming soon)

?????

Also got Wilderlands Hex Sheets in Shrink (well, kind of in shrink, the bottom edge is "slit" open so they can be taken in and out).  :)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 1:31 pm 

Cool items...the hex sheets, I mean.  Village Book I and II are moderately collectable.

How many sheets are in a pack...assuming that the pack you have is opened but complete.

Mark   8)

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:42 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Cool items...the hex sheets, I mean.  Village Book I and II are moderately collectable.

How many sheets are in a pack...assuming that the pack you have is opened but complete.

Mark   8)

I could be wrong but I think they were sold in packs with 4 double sided sheets yielding four maps. I am sure someone can correct me if I am wrong or confirm this if I am right.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 12, 2006 3:49 pm 

Marlith wrote:
I could be wrong but I think they were sold in packs with 4 double sided sheets yielding four maps. I am sure someone can correct me if I am wrong or confirm this if I am right.

well there were different ones. i got some 1st print ones off ian ages ago - extremely rare - seem to recollect there being many more than 4 in the pack though.

there were others tho - the blank wilderness sheets - they came as 4 in a pack.....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 28 of 40123 ... 25, 26, 27, 28, 29 ... 383940