Judges Guild Questions
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 27 of 40123 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 383940
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jun 13, 2006 8:40 pm 

Well going through my spreadsheet of product lists it seems the 'Booty List' title was used till around the end of 1979, course the magazines/catalogs occasionally used it and in 1999 it was used.
As for 'More Fine Products' and 'Treasure Vault' it seems MFP has a small window of use (310-460) with a couple outside that, and TV starts from 119 and goes on through the years missing only a few of the numbered lists.

Now hopefully that made sense :wink:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:39 pm 

shane...

#67 fantastic wilderlands beyonde.

right i have 1st print with the details you mention and i opened one my my shrinked ones as well, which coincides nicely for the 3rd print.

now...

i definately have one that can be the 2nd print.

now this is how i bought it quite a long time ago...

no front colour sheet.

front book cover looks the same as the 3rd - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alan.silcock1/fwfront.jpg

treasure vault at the back - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alan.silcock1/fwvault.jpg

the maps look exactly the same as the 3rd, dated 1978. the only date in the booklet reads 1978 too, which looks the same as the 3rd. in fact the book looks the same all the way through bar for the back 3 pages....advertises some JG products and that treasure vault....

gonna sell this so could do with some confirmation beforehand...

i've had quite a few Beyonde's and this is the ONLY one of these that i have ever had pass my hands! what do you think?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:48 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:shane...

#67 fantastic wilderlands beyonde.

right i have 1st print with the details you mention and i opened one my my shrinked ones as well, which coincides nicely for the 3rd print.

now...

i definately have one that can be the 2nd print.

now this is how i bought it quite a long time ago...

no front colour sheet.

front book cover looks the same as the 3rd - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alan.silcock1/fwfront.jpg

treasure vault at the back - http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alan.silcock1/fwvault.jpg

the maps look exactly the same as the 3rd, dated 1978. the only date in the booklet reads 1978 too, which looks the same as the 3rd. in fact the book looks the same all the way through bar for the back 3 pages....advertises some JG products and that treasure vault....

gonna sell this so could do with some confirmation beforehand...

i've had quite a few Beyonde's and this is the ONLY one of these that i have ever had pass my hands! what do you think?

Al

Well I'd say thats the missing 2nd print - could you scan the other two pages (am thinking the other two are the typical photos/lists found in some other products)

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:50 pm 

you mean the two pages advertising the JG products?

Al

ps. if so, if i stick em on my site as with the other 2 pics is that ok like that for you to get em from there?

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 3:56 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:you mean the two pages advertising the JG products?

Al

ps. if so, if i stick em on my site as with the other 2 pics is that ok like that for you to get em from there?

Yeah, the two pages before the Treasure Vault page.
And yeah the website worked good for getting the pics.

I'll have to do some research into if the Fantastic Wilderlands Beyonde 2nd was without coversheet - catalogs would probably show me if that cover was on its own of if they all just match the 1st and 3rd prints.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:01 pm 

yeah thats cool - as i said, when i got it, it didnt have one. guess if it did, it was easy to lose if so.... who knows eh

anyway, as requested:

page 1: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alan.silcock1/fw1.jpg

page 2: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alan.silcock1/fw2.jpg

let me know what you find in the catalogs about it. thinking about it, i have a 1978 catalog, but thats prb only gonna tell me about the 1st....so what kinda date are we looking at in relation to the 2nd? 79ish?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:11 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:yeah thats cool - as i said, when i got it, it didnt have one. guess if it did, it was easy to lose if so.... who knows eh

anyway, as requested:

page 1: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alan.silcock1/fw1.jpg

page 2: http://homepage.ntlworld.com/alan.silcock1/fw2.jpg

let me know what you find in the catalogs about it. thinking about it, i have a 1978 catalog, but thats prb only gonna tell me about the 1st....so what kinda date are we looking at in relation to the 2nd? 79ish?

Al

Well the TV 119 does put it around the end of 79, lists magazines up to that time, and the list # is inclusive in Journal 18 and Dungeoneer 15.
Pefect fit really..  :D
Photo Ad pages are reused (even has #67 1st print cover)

So now onto the catalog hunt (least I have a time frame to look at)

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:14 pm 

well at least it gives your geekier side something to do :)

quite nice to have something thats not seen much!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:21 pm 

Well Feck..Catalogs continue to use the 1st print, then with the Spring 1981 Catalog it changes over to the 3rd print.

May have to check magazines around that time frame if they have any photos..oh well, still good to actually have the knowledge.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:24 pm 

Plaag wrote:Well Feck..Catalogs continue to use the 1st print, then with the Spring 1981 Catalog it changes over to the 3rd print.

May have to check magazines around that time frame if they have any photos..oh well, still good to actually have the knowledge.

ShaneG.

strange aint it? wonder what that means then? maybe there was a 2nd print with a v.small print run? mind you that wouldnt really make any sense imo....

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 4:45 pm 

I think they just never bothered to change the picture (maybe until they ran out of the 1st prints???) Course its odd the cover sheet for the 3rd's TV list puts it in the summer of 80, but the spring 81 catalog is the first it is seen..okay I'm gonna dig through some magazines now and see if they offer anything.

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:28 pm 

Well, no luck on the #67 picture in a magazine. (not even Dragon, course didn't really expect it)
And thinking back on the selling out issue, Bob has said he usually changed the cover when he sold out of some portion of the product.
So I guess I'll put that on a ask boardmembers/ebay sellers list of products I inquire about when I see or hear of them.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 6:41 pm 

Plaag wrote:Well, no luck on the #67 picture in a magazine. (not even Dragon, course didn't really expect it)
And thinking back on the selling out issue, Bob has said he usually changed the cover when he sold out of some portion of the product.
So I guess I'll put that on a ask boardmembers/ebay sellers list of products I inquire about when I see or hear of them.

ShaneG.

very strange indeed! i mean, it is clearly different to both prints #1 and #3 isnt it?

just trying to think if there is another way i can think of that we could figure it out somehow...

*goes off to think adn look around a few things*

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Jun 14, 2006 7:14 pm 

Well there has been a good number of differing cover sheets to books, and while most books have been seen on there own as later prints, there is one: Portals of Torsh, that I have as book being before the cover sheet was added to it (but that could be wrong, or an anomoly)
Regardless, that #67 is the 2nd (now if it had a cover sheet or not is unknown), but I think the photo evidence is just reusing the same thing over and over since well the 1st looks like the books for the 2nd/3rd, but the 3rd's cover sheet is different: came out in 81 - book list would put it in the Fall (so maybe the coversheet since lower product list was printed first and available for the spring catalog listing.)

Man this could be a bad thought, but if coversheets were printed at different times (since their lists never corrispond to the books lists if available) then those cover sheets could possibly be found with earlier books.
Okay I don't want to think about that possibility right now  :?

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:24 am 

I'm wondering if the new format for Judges Guild magazines looks better?

Dungeoneers Journal 25

Compared to how I have it for the others:

Dungeoneers Journal 24

I'll try and keep the format the same if the newer style looks better, but all the magazines have different styles for their table of contents so they would not look exactly the same... but I'd try.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 7:58 am 

Plaag wrote:I'm wondering if the new format for Judges Guild magazines looks better?

Dungeoneers Journal 25

Compared to how I have it for the others:

Dungeoneers Journal 24

I'll try and keep the format the same if the newer style looks better, but all the magazines have different styles for their table of contents so they would not look exactly the same... but I'd try.

ShaneG.

shane - newer style much better and is a lot easier to read.

nice one

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 1:52 pm 

ShaneG,

Yes, nice layout and easier to read

Thanks!

Lance

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:47 pm 

I find the new layout, with a column list, far easier to read than a block text.  Good choice.   8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 27 of 40123 ... 24, 25, 26, 27, 28 ... 383940