Judges Guild Questions
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 23 of 36123 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 343536
Author

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Tue May 23, 2006 3:50 pm 
 

Under the Storm Giant's Castle was released in 79, Strom Giant's Citadel in Harridan Gap was for the 2nd Dungeon Contest (results in Journal 21-June/July 80). Not the same.

ShaneG.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 5:33 am 
 

I'm going to ask for opinions on if I should post the maps to Of Skulls and Scrapfaggot Green as found in Journal 14 as Errata (pretains to the 2nd printing only) or not?
Reason why I did so for Survival of the Fittest ( Survival of the Fittest ) was due to the map not being available in either printing, and the explanations for that.

Similiar in scope being as it is not a map, but should I post the Manumission table that was left out of the Revised CSIO (have not checked all printings on this)?

ShaneG.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 7:03 am 
 

Well I posted the 3 Dungeon Contests from the Journals onto the site..I hope to see if any of those names pop up in searches (seen a few in the journals). Sort of hope at least one of the contestants Googles their name and comes here as a result.

ShaneG.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Wed May 24, 2006 11:19 am 
 

That would be interesting...like a visitor from another time.

I think that all the connecting and re-connecting in the gaming community that is currently underway via the internet is a noteworthy social/artistic phenomenon.

Imagine what could have been learned or recorded if the pulp writers of the 20's and 30's could have re-connected with their fans and each other via the internet in the 50's and 60's.

Gaming was not just a kid's fad, nor was it just a liesure phenomenon.  It was also an extremely large artistic movement...with millions of contributors.  Some of them have even gone on to larger literary success and influence...and the creative wave continues in the computer industry, which has deep roots in RPG's.

Mark   8)


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sun May 28, 2006 3:56 pm 
 

Well from the Dungeon Contests I've found that Mollie Plants also entered a contest in Dragon Magazine and won 1st place (Dragon #50 p35)

ShaneG.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 5:15 am 
 

Obiter / djb_astro

i noticed you bidding on this:

eBay UK Item Bid History

i have one of these. gonna go into scanning mode shortly...PM me to remind me and i will send it you - you might be interested being more local and all...

Al



  


Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6463
Joined: Dec 13, 2004
Last Visit: Apr 04, 2021

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:27 pm 
 

Alright everyone please pardon my ignorance, but I have questions. :)

I just won this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8816458215

Any reason that it went so cheap?  As far as I can tell it is complete right?

Also, I was trying to discern the difference between this set and the CSoWE Playing Aid.  From what I can tell it seems that the Playing aid was just a compilatioon of the three booklets and maps, correct?

Anyone? :)


"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Mon May 29, 2006 10:49 pm 
 

bclarkie wrote:Alright everyone please pardon my ignorance, but I have questions. :)

I just won this:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8816458215

Akkk..... Where did my snipe go? :(
That was one of a couple of items I thought I was combining with the 1st RM AL.

Nice price, Brian. :)

Just the cover sheet, yes.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:37 am 
 

You just got away with it, Brian..

But, I have not seen a real complete set of this item up yet.

The complete set would have map #6, the city map (white) and (I have seen this) a picture overview of the city, as well as three booklets and (I think) a players' map.

Mark


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Verbose Collector

Posts: 1271
Joined: Jan 09, 2005
Last Visit: Nov 17, 2020
Location: Azeroth

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 12:49 am 
 

MShipley88 wrote:You just got away with it, Brian..

But, I have not seen a real complete set of this item up yet.

The complete set would have map #6, the city map (white) and (I have seen this) a picture overview of the city, as well as three booklets and (I think) a players' map.

Mark


That is correct based on what I have in the one full set I have. I had a lower snip on it as I need either the Guidebook 6 or City book to complete another set. I could not justify a real bid to break another set up to complete the one I am working on.


Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 1:19 am 
 

Find out which booklet you need...I have some lying about.

What I need is map #6.  (and the picture of the city  :? )


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 2:53 am 
 

bclarkie wrote:Any reason that it went so cheap?  As far as I can tell it is complete right?

Also, I was trying to discern the difference between this set and the CSoWE Playing Aid.  From what I can tell it seems that the Playing aid was just a compilatioon of the three booklets and maps, correct?

Anyone? :)


Bri

you need the city map mate - "VIRIDISTAN"

*sits looking at the books 2 ft in front of him that he is currently scanning*

but you cant really go wrong with $12 - cept the city map is the hardest thing to put your hands on :)

Al



  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:29 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:you need the city map mate - "VIRIDISTAN"

*sits looking at the books 2 ft in front of him that he is currently scanning*

but you cant really go wrong with $12 - cept the city map is the hardest thing to put your hands on :)

*stands corrected* (for obvious reasons of trying repeatedly, yet unsuccessfully, to pick up the set)

*re-notes for ref.*

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 3:49 am 
 

faro wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:you need the city map mate - "VIRIDISTAN"

*sits looking at the books 2 ft in front of him that he is currently scanning*

but you cant really go wrong with $12 - cept the city map is the hardest thing to put your hands on :)

*stands corrected* (for obvious reasons of trying repeatedly, yet unsuccessfully, to pick up the set)

*re-notes for ref.*


well a set is going up shortly and its complete too, so watch this space!

would have stuck it on ebay last night but i watched a film instead :)

Al



  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:34 am 
 

MShipley88 wrote:Find out which booklet you need...I have some lying about.

What I need is map #6.  (and the picture of the city  :? )


I may have extras of this, both judge and player..

As for it going cheap, well I can assume missing the city map was more the reason then cover sheet..

ShaneG.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:49 am 
 

Plaag wrote:
MShipley88 wrote:Find out which booklet you need...I have some lying about.

What I need is map #6.  (and the picture of the city  :? )


I may have extras of this, both judge and player..

As for it going cheap, well I can assume missing the city map was more the reason then cover sheet..

ShaneG.


shane....just to clarify....there was only ONE city map isnt there? the big colour thingy?

of all the CSWE's i have come across with em, i have only ever seen one of them with sets and didnt think there was two...or are you on about map 6, in which case thats a yes anyway...

Al



  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 7:56 am 
 

Yep..only one city map
And yeah I was on about the Campaign Maps.

ShaneG.

 WWW  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector

Posts: 3155
Joined: Nov 21, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 05, 2016
Location: UK

Post Posted: Tue May 30, 2006 8:01 am 
 

Now, is that totally clear, Brian? ;)

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 11:29 am 
 

I'm thinking of doing a contest...

Island Creation Contest for Judges Guild (using one of the Hexes from Island Book I), which hex I'm not sure, though it would have to be for just one fo the hexes since some may not have the book (I could post a scan when that is decided for those who do not have the book - if that is allowed?)
The prize of course would be Island Book I (2nd print book only)
Rules..well I'd allow any rules system (or just keep it rules free)
Judges well they would have to be decided upon also (though would like to keep it small)

Anyway, would there be enough people interested in something like this or any thoughts concerning this?

ShaneG.


I reject your reality and substitute my own

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Jun 03, 2006 1:06 pm 
 

I'd enter.

Mark   8)


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 23 of 36123 ... 20, 21, 22, 23, 24 ... 343536