Judges Guild Questions
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 21 of 40123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 383940
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:19 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
but going back to the 1st link i put up above, it has two scans and this is a large of of the 2nd scan:

JG0078-Log Book 2 (large)

thats the one i have never seen and you havent got it on your site either.

Al

Yeah, think that link is for the 1st, then the ones I have up are 2nd and 3rd (which are also 1980 and 1981 respectively). #78 appears in lists for 1979 plus is specifically stated as New in Dungeoneer 10. So figure there are 3 printings, and surprisingly the Lists/Dungeoneer 10 reference corrisponds to the tenative dates of 1st: March/April 1979, 2nd: April/May 1980, 3rd: April/May 1981.
I have to slowly work on adding the lists to everything.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:41 pm 

sounds fair enough to me and i aint gonna dispute, but then why does mine say "4th printing" in the book then?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 3:55 pm 

Just seen that in mine also (may just have to hunt for something in between one of the 3), though not knowing what the 1st is also doesn't help. Oh well, shall broaden the scope on these Logbooks and ask around.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:04 pm 

Plaag wrote:Just seen that in mine also (may just have to hunt for something in between one of the 3), though not knowing what the 1st is also doesn't help. Oh well, shall broaden the scope on these Logbooks and ask around.

ShaneG.

yeah i have stuck em in my searches too. will keep an eye out for a print i dont have of it.

seems strange there being like 4 prints tho, wheres it doesnt seem that JG have really plowed much effort into reprinting anything else of the traveller series that they had.

most unusual!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 4:15 pm 

Yeah, Darthanon Queen, Dra'k'ne Station, Ley Sector and Traveller Referee Screen only had 2 printings..maybe the Logbook was a better seller or perhaps they tried to release one each time they put out a bunch of new Traveller items...

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 02, 2006 5:03 pm 

Plaag wrote:Yeah, Darthanon Queen, Dra'k'ne Station, Ley Sector and Traveller Referee Screen only had 2 printings..maybe the Logbook was a better seller or perhaps they tried to release one each time they put out a bunch of new Traveller items...

ShaneG.

well its the only thing i can think of. in the scale of things, i imagine that they didnt sell as well as say the D&D / AD&D stuff, but i think that prb would have been the thing tho "hey we're gonna push this lot now, so lets reprint these old-gooduns and send em all out"

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 6:26 pm 

Plaag wrote:
From J (Dec 1976-Jan 1977)

Labeled the 1st Installment

Thunderhold done

#10 ready to mail by the end of the month (copyright 1976 but people must have only got these in Jan 77 due to as they have stated slow mail bulk rate.)

item 9 and 10 must be purchased seperately..not part of the subscription (i.e. items 1-8/journal I plus 5 bi-monthly installments)

items 11-13 are to be sold in stores (so actually these are 1977 releases)

RR charts package (item 14) and Tac cards due to copyright agreement will be available seperately (so to be sold in stores in 1977..with Tac card info from I..thsis the new deck/2nd print I presume)

"Ready Ref Package several copies of each of our RR sheets printed so far plus the up coming ones on 'Alignments & Record Keeping', 'Building Costs' and the Wizards' Guide. This one's price will be announced later." (So Wizards guide was determined and/or layout at the time of this, but the other two were working titles I presume - and of course never materialized since ARK became Character Checklist, and BC became Construction costs and placed at the back of Wizards Guide - so WG was not printed by this time)

From K (Feb/Mar 1977)

Judges Guild moved to new place/address

RR package contains all sheets published so far plus CC to be included in next installment (Phantasmal Forces/Encounters sheet not released with other installments and I can only see its predassesor so far in the earliest Judges Guild Shield item 28..so this help to determine that #14 was not released till Installment L April/May 1977)

#1 released Gen Con IX August 1976
#2-8 (and Journal I) October 1976
#9 November 1976
#15-17 Decemebr 1976
#10-13 Jan/Feb 1977
#18-20 Feb/Mar 1977 (Wizards Guide like stated was printed, but did not see Guildmembers hands till Installment L)

#14 1977, but is it April/May after all RR sheets released thru L and after Judges Shield, but before Installment M June/July 1977 or soem other date?

ShaneG.

Yeah I'm quoting myself (mostly to bring forth this info and yes bring this up again :wink: )
Now this idea (Thanks to David bringing it up some time ago..which I now finally got around to checking up on myself) basically comes down to font, though for this I concerned myself with the letter 'g' (since Times New Roman and Arial are unique with this) found in the word or variants of 'copyright' for these:

Arial 'g' Booklet I (Oct76)
Arial 'g' Booklet J (Dec 76)
Arial 'g' Booklet K (Feb 77)
Arial 'g' Wizard's Guide RR Sheet (Feb 77 - printed by this time)
TNR 'g'  Booklet L (Apr 77)
Arial 'g' Character Checklist (thin font)
TNR 'g'  Character Checklist (thick font)
TNR 'g'  Booklet M (June 77)

So CC (thin font) seems in the odd place..then I looked over Journal K and this "RR package contains all sheets published so far plus Character Checklist to be included in next installment"
Now they didn't release the Wizard's Guide with the initial release of installement K, yet it was printed by then (as mentioned in Journal L). With the soon to be released Ready Ref Sheet Package, the next installment, and since they now had the name..could the CC have been printed or at least designed and sent off to be printed during the writing of Journal K?
Basically this all boils down to why is the CC (thin font) showing up with a Tegel (Booty List 37), and a CC (thick font) showing up in #14 Ready Ref Sheet Package and latter #27 Tegels (blue covers).

Side Request: Al could you send me a scan of the front cover sheets you have for Tegel Manor (at least one with no list and one with that Treasure Vault). Want to see if the text on the front picture is placed slightly different then each other (hope to nail down where the 'no list' sheet may go if my idea pans out)

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 8:02 pm 

will try and sort it asap ok. got my kids over this weekend so doubt i will do that while they are here.

*makes a note*

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:01 pm 

Plaag wrote:Side Request: Al could you send me a scan of the front cover sheets you have for Tegel Manor (at least one with no list and one with that Treasure Vault). Want to see if the text on the front picture is placed slightly different then each other (hope to nail down where the 'no list' sheet may go if my idea pans out)

ShaneG.

Neat font check! Please give me a nudge if I don't get back to you, too, Shane.

Red Tegel on this auction also had the cover sheet with no list on the back (=earliest)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8735470210
And it had a "thin font" CC, too! "All as originally sold" in the UK.

Oh, and am I dreaming, or does that Red Tegel have a different cover paper stock to the other (installment) Red Tegel? Seems more highly textured(??), but will have to find my other (jonb... *cough*) copy to compare.

Thanks again! :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:11 pm 

am just scanning three now while they are on my mind. one has a treasure vault on back to 160, one is blank and the SW one is blank on the back and has the thin font CC with it.......

will mail them to you shane.

want me to post them here - david you want them too?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:13 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
Red Tegel on this auction also had the cover sheet with no list on the back (=earliest)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8735470210
And it had a "thin font" CC, too! "All as originally sold" in the UK.

Oh, and am I dreaming, or does that Red Tegel have a different cover paper stock to the other (installment) Red Tegel? Seems more highly textured(??), but will have to find my other (jonb... *cough*) copy to compare.

Thanks again! :D

i was well pissed at missing the end of that one lemme tell you :)

that was a great win.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:24 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:i was well pissed at missing the end of that one lemme tell you :)
that was a great win.
Al

Thanks. Is there any Tegel you won't buy, out of interest?

*points to other post*. Erm, that probably won't cheer you up, either, Al... :?

Was somewhat narked, though, that the winner of CSIO point-blank refused a generous offer for the other two parts of the Judges Shield. :(
They claimed that they had a whole stack of other JG material which they needed those "sheets" to go with. (Didn't really sound like they knew what they were talking about... and sad to see that split up :cry:)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 06, 2006 9:29 pm 

yeah i saw that post. well in the end, thats life :)

there are just certain items i am a sucker for buying. CSIO is one, magic realms is another and tegel/modron are the others.....

when i see them, they just caaaaalllllll to me :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 2:08 am 

David, send me a copy of that tegel cover also..though it is looking like this didn't pan out as I was hoping. (course maybe knowing the red tegel goes with the blank cover sheet may help).

killjoy32 wrote:yeah i saw that post. well in the end, thats life :)

there are just certain items i am a sucker for buying. CSIO is one, magic realms is another and tegel/modron are the others.....

when i see them, they just caaaaalllllll to me :D

Al

Man glad I am out of the CSIO, Magic Realms, Modron race  :wink: That is of course some other printing doesn't crop up I am unaware of. Hum..maybe on this update I should include the lists for those :D

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 07, 2006 5:36 am 

btw i have other Tegels around, but i think the scans i sent were variant enough to provide the info you were trying to get to....

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:31 am 

in compiling the JG list for rarity levels, how much depth do you think its worth giving?

shane won the gencon IX tourney last month or so....the only one i have seen on ebay tho i know a few ppl who do have one.

i propose to have that on the list, which is a certain 5, value to be added later when i have spoken to others....

what other items do we have of a similar ilk?

individual dungeoneers 1 to 6 are prb a 5 too, tho the values are unknown as i have never seen any sell in the last year.

any information anyone has with regards to these kinda things would be a great help in compiling this list.

many thanks

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 9:37 am 

killjoy32 wrote:in compiling the JG list for rarity levels, how much depth do you think its worth giving?

shane won the gencon IX tourney last month or so....the only one i have seen on ebay tho i know a few ppl who do have one.

i propose to have that on the list, which is a certain 5, value to be added later when i have spoken to others....

what other items do we have of a similar ilk?

individual dungeoneers 1 to 6 are prb a 5 too, tho the values are unknown as i have never seen any sell in the last year.

any information anyone has with regards to these kinda things would be a great help in compiling this list.

many thanks

Al

Of Skulls and Scrapfaggot Green tourney
The clothing (shirts, button, jacket)..if you think it needs to be on the list
Trek-80
Installments with envelope (course could think of this in terms of SW..more valuable with then without?)

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 14, 2006 10:05 am 

well the clothing and trek-80 i had already penned in for a 5 but no idea on prices.

with regards to instalments i was going to have one entry for instalment and one for normal sale. the instalment has to be a complete item and that means envelope and all. that will be a 5 for most of them, except frontier forts instalment which i am going to a 4 (as i have about 10) - the normal sale will be everything else that doesnt have an instalment envelope.

only problem we have at this stage is the print issues still, specially with regards to the tegels and modron etc. somewhere shane, we gonna have to draw a line and agree that this is how its gonna be, so we can put something solid on all this info i am trying to sort.

any incomplete items will not be a part of this list. ie a modron instalment book with nothing else.

any idea/additional info or anything else that would be of assistance - please let me know by way of e-mail or PM. any information will be treated with confidentiality.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 21 of 40123 ... 18, 19, 20, 21, 22 ... 383940