Judges Guild Questions
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 17 of 40123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 383940
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:08 pm 

Plaag wrote:From Journal 20, page 64 there is an ad for Final Frontier..was this to be released through Judges Guild or did another company put this out?

ShaneG.

was that the star trek item that was in the product list that never got released?

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Dec 03, 2005 8:35 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
Plaag wrote:From Journal 20, page 64 there is an ad for Final Frontier..was this to be released through Judges Guild or did another company put this out?

ShaneG.

was that the star trek item that was in the product list that never got released?

Almost looks like it could have been a mock up for Imperial Infantry box set (though Final Frontier is said to contain metal figures). No mention of Star Trek.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 04, 2005 3:57 am 

Plaag wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:

Almost looks like it could have been a mock up for Imperial Infantry box set (though Final Frontier is said to contain metal figures). No mention of Star Trek.

ShaneG.

yeah i think i was just comparing it to the items on page 13 and star trek kinda came to mind. it deo didnt turn into a JG item tho. the only reference i can find to it, and i THINK that this IS it:

Final Frontier | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

would kinda make sense and the timing is about right c.1980

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 7:59 pm 

I'm sure someone has asked this before, but here goes.

Lawrence Schick has the following entry in his bible.

World Map Set

Campaign setting: a laminated set of all 18 Wilderlands maps.

Judges Guild, 1982.

Was he wrong? Does this product exist?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 8:18 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I'm sure someone has asked this before, but here goes.

Lawrence Schick has the following entry in his bible.

World Map Set

Campaign setting: a laminated set of all 18 Wilderlands maps.

Judges Guild, 1982.

Was he wrong? Does this product exist?

I seen that too, but find it odd that Judges Guild would laminate there maps. (Cost issue). Though it would be around the time all the Value Packs were being released.

Someone may just have laminated the maps and he acquired them or was told about them..who knows

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 2:48 am 

i also thought about that. i find it very hard to believe that JG would have done that. the exercise would have been very expensive and i have NEVER seen a map like that. if that was the case, terry would have had at least SOME of them at some point, which as far as i am aware, he didnt, so i dont think that was the case.

i COULD believe that maybe there was an 18 map set though. as with the packs, it would make perfect sense, as there was so much overstock of the maps.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:26 pm 

Here is a question for you all.  What kind of value would you put on JG Journal, the newspaper style?

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:32 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Here is a question for you all. What kind of value would you put on JG Journal, the newspaper style?

Newspaper rather than newsprint?

Not a lot, I'm afraid :?

Picked mine up for about $1 each in VF/NM condition (if that ain't a contradiction in terms for non-acidfree paper!).

Market might've improved a bit since then for the scarcer ones, though.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:37 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Here is a question for you all. What kind of value would you put on JG Journal, the newspaper style?

Newspaper rather than newsprint?

Not a lot, I'm afraid :?

Picked mine up for about $1 each in VF/NM condition (if that ain't a contradiction in terms for non-acidfree paper!).

Market might've improved a bit since then for the scarcer ones, though.

I am speaking of one like this one:

Journal O

Any difference? :)

I must say it makes things so much easier on JG noobs like me know that Shane has the site up. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 7:58 pm 

bclarkie wrote:I am speaking of one like this one:

Journal O

Yep, those ones.

What d'ya think; 3-6 times rarer than your Rs/RPGAs and a buck or two a pop? :P

bclarkie wrote:I must say it makes things so much easier on JG noobs like me know that Shane has the site up. :)

Yeah, helps to be able to *point* at a listing or compare items with actual stock on-hand.

Wasn't so easy with Steve Dimmick's JG Codex, complete with "Tripod hosting" backdrop.

(Would've liked to have seen that credited, too, even though it froze a long time back and was definitely less accurate).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:22 pm 

Thanks d.  You just saved me ~$20.  :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:24 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Thanks d. You just saved me ~$20. :)

Erm, really? :oops:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:27 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Thanks d. You just saved me ~$20. :)

Erm, really? :oops:

Yep.  I "found" one for just under $20 before shipping.  I was thinking about buying it, but I wanted to check out if it was worth it first.  I am glad I did........

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 8:33 pm 

bclarkie wrote:Yep. I "found" one for just under $20 before shipping. I was thinking about buying it, but I wanted to check out if it was worth it first. I am glad I did........

Or one at Titan for just a few dollars before shipping: works out pretty much the same? :)

Yes, phps best to keep looking. They don't come up all that often (owing to the print run and ephemeral nature of the media), but should still be possible to snag the newspaper editions for $2-5 each, I'd hope.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Dec 07, 2005 9:14 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:I am speaking of one like this one:

Journal O

Yep, those ones.

What d'ya think; 3-6 times rarer than your Rs/RPGAs and a buck or two a pop? :P

They may be rarer, but the demand is nowhere near the same.

I remember Gen Con some years ago, when it was still run by TSR, the magazine section of the auction store had a pile of these, all nicely preserved in some sort of large platic baggy, while the earlier one and four-sheets were bagged and boarded. I was excited, because I'd been looking for them for years, but they were all in the $20 to $30 range! Eep! That was much even for me, who'd been looking for them for more than 15 years... :(

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 08, 2005 2:15 am 

bri. i am still hunting about for some of the older ones, to put with my 1st print instalments, but i just cant justify paying more than $10 for one. after all its just a bloody piece of newspaper :)

i saw the titan one a loooooong time ago, and just point blank refused to buy it. that was the one (and it is 1 sheet of paper) that they were gonna charge me $23 to ship, on TOP of $19.99 for the item.

you see them crop up from time to time. noble knights have got some, but the conditions are not so great, hence i didnt bother buying them.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Dec 09, 2005 12:29 am 

I would put the value of the newspaper editions at $10 to $15.  I know that they are only newsprint, but they seem to be pretty rare as far as I can tell.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 11, 2005 12:15 am 

Crazy Egor had a LOT of these at Gen Con this year.  I picked up pretty much a full run at around $3 - $5 each, iirc.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 17 of 40123 ... 14, 15, 16, 17, 18 ... 383940