Judges Guild Questions
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 15 of 40123 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 383940
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 24, 2005 7:45 pm 

heheheh well at least it gives you something to do :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 4:22 am 

Well I got it sorted..Villages Book II: Fall Catalog 1980 confirms color cover sheet as 2nd, Fall Catalog 1981 confirms just the book as 3rd.
Here is the auction for the 3rd:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8715102846

I'm glad for this auction because my 3rd still has its shrinkwrap (but open :? because I have to verify these types of things) I just find it odd that JG would sit on these cover sheets and not put them with this book till later.
Course there maybe a true 2nd out there with this cover sheet, it doesn't discredit that this sheet is combined with what I'm dubbing the 2nd&3rd print book.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 29, 2005 6:06 am 

shane when i get a minute i will go and have a dig and see what village books i have - i have things lying all over the place in the back room so prb got something there that will answer your question IF i have the time to find something amongst 50+ boxes :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:10 am 

Plaag wrote:Tegel
2nd Printing: (1977) This has a lighter orange cover and the copyright font is smaller and resembles Times/Times New Roman. Includes the flysheet with a cover price, 17" x 22" judges map, 11" x 17" players map and a Character Checklist. This is a rerun of the first printing and was sold as a stand alone product in a sealed transparent bag. (4 printings with minor variations such as coloring, etc)
ShaneG.

well the flysheet....i certainly have two variations of that.

one has a treasure vault on the back and one doesnt....

i need to go back over all the tegels i have, cos most of them are all different in slightly diff ways.

will add to this a little later.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 6:03 pm 

right Tegel Manor.

the instalment to subscribers definately did NOT have a cover sheet. i have 2 dark tegels with ende in, 2 lighter tegels. 2 cover sheets. 1 has a treasure vault on the back and 1 doesnt.

i think its:

1st - dark tegel with maps
2nd - light tegel with maps/poss cover sheet with no treasure vault/poss character checklist
3rd - light tegel with maps/cover sheet with treasure vault
4th - A4 tegel with the blue cover & maps etc

that must be going in the right direction imo.

right here is the scan of the back of the cover sheet with the treasure vault:

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 7:58 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Oh, I thought you were going to be in this year's dune-jumping marathon, not next year's... Seriously huge effort, that. Good luck! :D

*off topic*

i couldnt get in this years one - which was a good thing, so i got into next years (much better) - so will keep at it - tho its hard atm. just leaves me with no time to do anything. trying to get a load of wargame books sorted. i was reading a few earlier - amazing material.

*ponders asking terry if he will sell me all his 1st modron books* :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:13 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Oh, I thought you were going to be in this year's dune-jumping marathon, not next year's... Seriously huge effort, that. Good luck! :D

*off topic*

i couldnt get in this years one - which was a good thing, so i got into next years (much better) - so will keep at it - tho its hard atm.

Hate to think how long your "long run" is, already. And that's without the dune training, I presume! :P

killjoy32 wrote:just leaves me with no time to do anything. trying to get a load of wargame books sorted. i was reading a few earlier - amazing material.

"Starting to read through" books ain't exactly conducive to selling 'em... or getting anything else done for that matter. As I'm sure you've been told! :roll:
Is all good stuff, though, I'm sure.

killjoy32 wrote:*ponders asking terry if he will sell me all his 1st modron books* :)

You know how scarce those were, before his stash turned up!
Note that his other copies might not be in "mint" condition, in case you're tempted. The one I picked up from him had serious staple rust and a damp/rust-colored stain at the lower-left. (Was one reason I couldn't say that any color difference shown by my scanner was indicative of a real difference in paper stock-- well, certainly nothing to the degree of obviousness of the "red" vs. "orange" Tegels, anyhow).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:15 pm 

shane

another point re the tegel manor.

i have just dug em all out again, and i missed my shrinked one!

just looked at that one and its the same colour as the one that doesnt have ENDE on it (2nd print). in the shrink is a character checklist, BUT where it says "CHARACTERS CHECKLIST", the font is different too.

carefully nudging the shrink around (i am NOT opening it)....there is one character checklist sheet, 1 big map, 1 small map and the back of the cover sheet does NOT have a treasure vault on it, so its gonna make the one with a treasure vault, the 3rd print isnt it?

the blue cover tegel manor, is (c) 1980, so this will be the 4th print, making the orange tegel with treasure vault cover sheet appx 1979

at the back of the blue cover, the treasure vault D&D section goes up to 420 the unknown gods

that help make anything clearer?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:23 pm 

harami2000 wrote:"Starting to read through" books ain't exactly conducive to selling 'em... or getting anything else done for that matter. As I'm sure you've been told! :roll:
Is all good stuff, though, I'm sure

yeah yeah yea i know :) might keep one or two but will be selling them all when i have finished researching some more

harami2000 wrote:You know how scarce those were, before his stash turned up!
Note that his other copies might not be in "mint" condition, in case you're tempted. The one I picked up from him had serious staple rust and a damp/rust-colored stain at the lower-left. (Was one reason I couldn't say that any color difference shown by my scanner was indicative of a real difference in paper stock-- well, certainly nothing to the degree of obviousness of the "red" vs. "orange" Tegels, anyhow).

yeah i know of their condition. when i was originally talking to him about them, he mentioned their condition and that they were not excellent or mint. if they were, then i would have bought most of them off him there and then. wouldnt mind a lil stash tho, and get hold of the maps too. would make some nice sets.

but then i think i have enough stuff really :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 8:42 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:shane

another point re the tegel manor.

i have just dug em all out again, and i missed my shrinked one!

just looked at that one and its the same colour as the one that doesnt have ENDE on it (2nd print). in the shrink is a character checklist, BUT where it says "CHARACTERS CHECKLIST", the font is different too.

carefully nudging the shrink around (i am NOT opening it)....there is one character checklist sheet, 1 big map, 1 small map and the back of the cover sheet does NOT have a treasure vault on it, so its gonna make the one with a treasure vault, the 3rd print isnt it?

the blue cover tegel manor, is (c) 1980, so this will be the 4th print, making the orange tegel with treasure vault cover sheet appx 1979

at the back of the blue cover, the treasure vault D&D section goes up to 420 the unknown gods

that help make anything clearer?

Al

1st Printing: (1977)  This has the darker orange Guidelines Booklet L, lacks the title sheet with price, and lacks a  Characters Checklist. The first edition, first print, was shipped with Journal L to subscribers.

2nd Printing: (1977) This has the lighter orange Guidelines Booklet L, includes the flysheet with a cover price, and a Character Checklist. This is a rerun of the first printing and was sold as a stand alone product in a sealed transparent bag. (4 printings with minor variations such as coloring, etc) (No list on cover sheet)

3rd Printing: (1980) This has the lighter orange Guidelines Booklet L, includes the flysheet with a cover price (List 160), and a Character Checklist.

4th Printing: (1980) The format has changed to a standard and slightly larger book, with a color cover and the players 11"x17" map is now in color found in the center of the book. (list 420) (I'd like a copy of the list as its the first instance of a list going to 420)

Would make something like this (2nd should be 1977 going on copyrights on booklet, coversheet)

ShaneG.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 01, 2005 9:00 pm 

Plaag wrote:Would make something like this (2nd should be 1977 going on copyrights on booklet, coversheet)

*thinks*
If you're sticking to copyright dates throughout that would be best, but needs to be made clear, IMO.
For TSR-released material, The Acaeum varies between copyright and (presumed) printing/publication/release dates in several cases. Can be rather confusing, that...

Would be (1977?), otherwise, for the "2nd"?
[edit: No, that's still (1977) even if going by the publication/release date, given my comment re. the "First Fantasy Campaign" Booty list, below. *makes note to self to think*].

At least JG seem to have been better than TSR or Wee Warriors, what with their dates only going in one direction rather than backwards or sideways in time, so to speak...!

aside: As of the 1st "First Fantasy Campaign", booklet "L" was available with the Character Reference sheet (= #25). (= Orange Tegel?)
Was there any earlier point at which the orange-red version was for sale, itself?
(Could reflect such matters in the printing history, or general "cover note" as to how the various installment releases were handled vs. the "components" available at a later date- either en-masse or in smaller "groups", per the Booty lists).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 2:38 am 

Plaag wrote:4th Printing: (1980) The format has changed to a standard and slightly larger book, with a color cover and the players 11"x17" map is now in color found in the center of the book. (list 420) (I'd like a copy of the list as its the first instance of a list going to 420)
ShaneG.

shane

i will sort that out later on - will scan and mail it to you *tries to make a mental note but its gonna be a tough one to remember today*

:)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:48 am 

shane

just a thought. would it not be worthwhile opening up threads to do with each items printings?

ie CSIO, tegel manor, FFC, modron etc

tegel already had one here Tegel Manor printings

you could then move some of the discussions on here to the related topics to keep everything focussed and easier to follow?

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 8:56 am 

killjoy32 wrote:shane

just a thought. would it not be worthwhile opening up threads to do with each items printings?

ie CSIO, tegel manor, FFC, modron etc

tegel already had one here Tegel Manor printings

you could then move some of the discussions on here to the related topics to keep everything focussed and easier to follow?

Al

Hum..yeah could accomplish something like that..will look into it

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 9:53 am 

Plaag wrote:Got the pics and replied..

Thanks,
ShaneG.

Glad I could help out Shane. :)  I took a quick look at what you still need as far as scans/pics and I think that I can help you out as well with the Gencon IX 3rd printing as well.  I have one that has a black and white cover page and it indicates it is Judges Guild on it.  Let me know if that is the one you need and I will forward you another picture. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 10:16 am 

bclarkie wrote:Glad I could help out Shane. :) I took a quick look at what you still need as far as scans/pics and I think that I can help you out as well with the Gencon IX 3rd printing as well. I have one that has a black and white cover page and it indicates it is Judges Guild on it. Let me know if that is the one you need and I will forward you another picture. :wink:

yea BC thats the one. i have one of them but its in shrink :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 11:25 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:Glad I could help out Shane. :) I took a quick look at what you still need as far as scans/pics and I think that I can help you out as well with the Gencon IX 3rd printing as well. I have one that has a black and white cover page and it indicates it is Judges Guild on it. Let me know if that is the one you need and I will forward you another picture. :wink:

yea BC thats the one. i have one of them but its in shrink :)

Al

Okay. I will go ahead and forward a picture of that one as well to you Shane, when I get home from work and dig it  out later on this afternoon. :)

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Wed Nov 02, 2005 1:58 pm 

I actually have all of the JG versions..just need the pre-JG tournament ones for GenCon IX. (red and green covers).

ShaneG.

PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 15 of 40123 ... 12, 13, 14, 15, 16 ... 383940