Judges Guild Questions
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:43 am 

killjoy32 wrote:yes indeedy it does...checked earlier myself - damn i had to open a tarantis 8O

*looks at the timing compared with Ian's post above [ed. previous page]*.
Oops...!

Heh, heh; ya might actually have to read or even use one of those, then, I s'pose? ;)
Please let me know if it's any good, Al. :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 6:48 am 

*reads back*

OK, whilst talking about stock numbers, can anyone see one (or even an AC) printed on this? :P

You got a "copy", Mike <IO>? 8)

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:03 am 

Thanks for the pic of the shirt! Where's the Button!!  :P  :)

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:15 am 

Okay just a couple questions.

Are all Campaign Maps copyright 1977?

#28 Judges Shield: Are there any other versions that are not 3 sheets of yellow cardboard stock?

ShaneG.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:15 am 

Plaag wrote:Thanks for the pic of the shirt! Where's the Button!! :P :)

ShaneG.

*lol*

There was one...?? *scampers about to take a look*

Heh, heh... I'm still shuddering a bit from the color scheme ("light blue with royal purple lettering"). D'you think anyone could guess the "printing date" from that alone? :P

[ed. *tries to shuffle message back above your next serious question, Shane*]

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:28 am 

harami2000 wrote:
Plaag wrote:Thanks for the pic of the shirt! Where's the Button!! :P :)

ShaneG.

*lol*

There was one...?? *scampers about to take a look*

Heh, heh... I'm still shuddering a bit from the color scheme ("light blue with royal purple lettering"). D'you think anyone could guess the "printing date" from that alone? :P

[ed. *tries to shuffle message back above your next serious question, Shane*]

Those buttons depicted a picture of a drawn sword and the words: JUDGES GUILDMEMBER upon them.
And as for the shirt, I'm hoping someone has one, because the tag may have the 'copyright' information on it  :D

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 7:31 am 

i aint got one but would be nice to have one!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:10 am 

My booklet J is 2-hole punched. I am certain this was not done by the original recipient, but was sent that way. What does anyone know about this? Was this a one time experiment by Judges Guild?
                                                   Tom

Started playing D&D at Great Lakes in '76-'77. Went to Dungeon in Lake Geneva. Got to adventure in original Blackmoor. Saved some rare pieces from then, not in best shape: Palace of Vampire Queen, Beastmaker Mountain. Started collecting recently.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:25 am 

i'll let you know when mine arrives sometime this week!!!

:D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 3:58 pm 

Both my JG Shields are 3 heavy duty yellow card sheets printed both sides in black, 2 portrait and 1 landscape.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . minestrone soup.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:45 pm 

harami wrote:

Regarding the IO T-shirt.

You got a "copy", Mike <IO>?

No I do not, but I would love to have one. That's too cool! And fitting too :lol:

"Its either a wand to cast Bigby's Hand spells or a +3 backscratcher. We're not sure which."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 8:47 pm 

Okay, looking through my Journals and Dungeoneers I've found that the 115: Dungeoneer 14 and 125: Dungeoneer 15 have ads on the inside back cover that are upsidedown. Does this occur in anyone's copies?
(Course now I see my 14 is also damaged on one page having been folded odd and then the paper trimmed-so now have to get one undamaged)

In the 1180: Jungle of Lost Souls, is there any copies that do not have the "Suitable use of trademark not sanctioned by holder" sticker over the word approved?

960: Darkling Ship states a contest on front cover for Traveller Dice if find Gift Certificate. Anyone have one of these certificates? If so can you post a photo. Also any copies of this book not have that contest stated on the front?

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:21 pm 

Plaag wrote:Okay, looking through my Journals and Dungeoneers I've found that the 115: Dungeoneer 14 and 125: Dungeoneer 15 have ads on the inside back cover that are upsidedown. Does this occur in anyone's copies?
(Course now I see my 14 is also damaged on one page having been folded odd and then the paper trimmed-so now have to get one undamaged)

In the 1180: Jungle of Lost Souls, is there any copies that do not have the "Suitable use of trademark not sanctioned by holder" sticker over the word approved?

960: Darkling Ship states a contest on front cover for Traveller Dice if find Gift Certificate. Anyone have one of these certificates? If so can you post a photo. Also any copies of this book not have that contest stated on the front?

ShaneG.

ooh i can prb answer all these ones:

i have lots of Dungeoneer 14's and 15's (6+ of each at least) and they all have the inner back page printed upside down - so quite likely a mistake on the whole print run imo.

i have about 6 copies of 1180 jungle of lost souls - they all have the sticker on.

960 darkling ship - have had loads of copies of this, but never had a certificate - got about 5 of these still but they are all SW and i aint opening them :)

Al

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:40 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:
Plaag wrote:

ShaneG.

960 darkling ship - have had loads of copies of this, but never had a certificate - got about 5 of these still but they are all SW and i aint opening them :)

Al

Awe, Come on  :wink:
Its like the lottery, you could be the 1 in 50 winner. Then just think how rare that Darkling Ship would be. :lol:

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:44 pm 

Plaag wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:

Al

Awe, Come on :wink:
Its like the lottery, you could be the 1 in 50 winner. Then just think how rare that Darkling Ship would be. :lol:

ShaneG.

Just think how fun it would be to try and collect your winnings now. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 04, 2005 9:47 pm 

just think how easy it would be for me to say "sod off i aint opening them" :D

they look nice SW'd, and now you mention it, i will put that in my auction when selling them now :D

Al

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 2:06 am 

Actually, guys, the Martian Metal ads were *always* upside down, even in Dragon (and presumably other magazines).

If you will turn the Dungeoneer upside down and read the ad near what would then be the bottom right-hand corner, it says specifically "By the way... this ad is not upside down. It is right-side up. Your silly Earth magazines are all upside down."

It was part of the Martian Metals ad schtick... :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 5:04 am 

nice one james :)

well it was 2.45am and my claim is i was too tired to look that close :D

Al

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 05, 2005 8:02 am 

hey david/ian - something to make you smile. finally got round to sorting my JG stuff into some form of order - well most of it anyway....

just five boxes/piles of stuff to sort out now & four boxes on the bottom right of the shelves and i have everything in order pretty much - yay that will mean i can actually find something for once :D

managed to clear the whole floor onto them shelves. btw they are not bent or anything, thats just the angle of the pic i took - makes life a damn sight easier now and i am starting to list out all the JG stuff i am still on the hunt for - would be nice to get all prints of everything in the end imo :D

Al

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Jun 06, 2005 8:45 pm 

Anyone have 2 different versions (printings) of the same item for any past #410?

Thankfully I'm finding out what later printings are confirming dates with what the booty lists go to item number wise. Another clue, though not yet confirmed, is those products that do not include the cover/back cover in their page numbering (only occurs in 1979-1980 select items)

ShaneG.

PreviousNext