Tegel Manor printings
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Apr 14, 2005 9:42 pm 

Can anyone shed some light on whether these constitute different printings of Tegel Manor?

The first (the "Bella" copy) has a darker orange guidelines booklet, lacks the title sheet with price, lacks a Characters Checklist, and has a copyright font resembling Arial.  

The second (the "Burnie" copy) has a lighter orange guidelines booklet, includes the title sheet with price, and a Characters Checklist.  The copyright font is smaller and resembles Times/Times New Roman.

Another distinguishing feature is that on the darker orange guidelines booklet, the word "Ende" appears above the skull on the back cover.

Many thanks,
Stephen

Bella:

Burnie:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 1:59 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Can anyone shed some light on whether these constitute different printings of Tegel Manor?

The first (the "Bella" copy) has a darker orange guidelines booklet, lacks the title sheet with price, lacks a Characters Checklist, and has a copyright font resembling Arial.

The second (the "Burnie" copy) has a lighter orange guidelines booklet, includes the title sheet with price, and a Characters Checklist. The copyright font is smaller and resembles Times/Times New Roman.

Another distinguishing feature is that on the darker orange guidelines booklet, the word "Ende" appears above the skull on the back cover.

Many thanks,
Stephen

i've just checked mine. mine looks very similar to the Bella copy.  Don't know what the "character checklist" is so can't comment on that. Mine also doesn't have "ENDE" at er the end :)

My maps don't look like Burnie's (and don't have a price on) - they look the same pretty much as most other JG maps do - same fonts etc....and my booklet is darker orange too.

I bought mine off ian some time ago - he will know lots more than me, and deady is up on JG stuff as well, so i will wait for the to pipe in with their .02 and they can enlighten us both :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:44 am 

Keep on my ass, and I'll check all my printings and see what the differences are.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:46 am 

The first Bella copy without the title sheet is the 1st edition, and was shipped with Judges Guild Journal to subscribers.

The second Burnie copy is a rerun of the first printing. It has a flysheet (with a cover price) and characeter sheet (from the ready reference sheets pack), and was sold as a stand alone product in a sealed transparent bag.

I mentioned the red/orange vs. orange cover on another thread a while ago. I have the red/orange printing and also had a couple of orange printings which I sold.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 2:49 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Keep on my ass, and I'll check all my printings and see what the differences are.

ewwwwww :)

deady get it sorted man - the fate of the world is resting on your shoulders! :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 3:51 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:The first Bella copy without the title sheet is the 1st edition, and was shipped with Judges Guild Journal to subscribers.

The second Burnie copy is a rerun of the first printing. It has a flysheet (with a cover price) and characeter sheet (from the ready reference sheets pack), and was sold as a stand alone product in a sealed transparent bag.

I mentioned the red/orange vs. orange cover on another thread a while ago.

*nods to all of that*

(although one subscriber stated they had an orange, as opposed to red-orange copy)

The difference is clear enough from most of the auctions, anyhow; including those currently up.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:00 am 

Good, he did all the work.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:25 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Good, he did all the work.

bah! :)

i used to look up to you as the grand-master of all things JG...this bout of lazyness is just not good enough laddie :)

*throws a +2 banana-skin just in front of DL36* :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 4:30 am 

afoolandhis$ wrote:Bella:
[ Image ]

Bella's looking pretty good these days, btw, Stephen... :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 5:38 am 

I think, al la Rahasia and 1st Print PoVQ, you may find that they did many small print runs of the '1st print Tegel'. As is would be near impossible to distinguish between them and put them in order with any certainty, and as they all seem to achieve the same sorts of values on eBay, I tend to consider them all as 1st Print Tegels.

I know of at least 3 different 'print runs' of this particular printing. The only clear difference is the presence of the flysheet and character sheet which define it as a 1st print produced for sale, as opposed to a 1st print produced for subscribers. As with Modron and CSIO, the evidence seems to indicate that subcribers received their mods before they were released for sale by mail order.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:10 am 

Mbassoc is right, I have 4 printings with minor variations such as coloring, etc.
See, I DID get up and check!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:29 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:See, I DID get up and check!

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 8:41 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Mbassoc is right, I have 4 printings with minor variations such as coloring, etc.
See, I DID get up and check!

ok ok ok will let you off...you still retain your position of JG master....to go with ian, david and others i hold in similar regard...

but next time mister, more promptness plz! :D :D :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:07 am 

harami2000 wrote:
afoolandhis$ wrote:Bella:
[ Image ]

Bella's looking pretty good these days, btw, Stephen... :D

Ok, you named the copy after its previous owner?  There's collecting and then there's obsession, man.  Or my name isn't Joe Tsojconth.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:08 am 

deimos3428 wrote:There's collecting and then there's obsession, man. Or my name isn't Joe Tsojconth.

right on Joe :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:38 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:The first Bella copy without the title sheet is the 1st edition, and was shipped with Judges Guild Journal to subscribers.

Thanks.  That's exactly what Bella told me when I asked her about the apparent differences.

harami2000 wrote:Bella's looking pretty good these days, btw, Stephen... :D

Yes, indeed.  Moreso now than ever.  Just who IS that masked seller, anyway?  :wink:

deimos3428 wrote:Ok, you named the copy after its previous owner? There's collecting and then there's obsession, man. Or my name isn't Joe Tsojconth.

Hey man, a little obsession can be a healthy thing!  :lol:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:48 am 

talking of obsession.... i like knowing the history of things, so you can get a feel for how an item has arrived in your hands. sorta like jon asking the ST1 guy where he got it from etc. rounds off a story imo.

SO i was telling Amanda last night, about the ST1 thing, you know the games fair in 1986, them being sold for £1 etc....and her answer was "you lot really do have far too much time on your hands. thats a little too much geekiness for my liking and nobody cares where something comes from".... my voice then went high-pitched with that protesting-tone that you have, as i then explained why.

her retort was "you really are a sad sap. do you know that?" she then smiled, patted me on the head and then went off to do something....

pah...  :x

:D

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Apr 15, 2005 9:54 am 

killjoy32 wrote:talking of obsession.... i like knowing the history of things, so you can get a feel for how an item has arrived in your hands. sorta like jon asking the ST1 guy where he got it from etc. rounds off a story imo.

SO i was telling Amanda last night, about the ST1 thing, you know the games fair in 1986, them being sold for £1 etc....and her answer was "you lot really do have far too much time on your hands. thats a little too much geekiness for my liking and nobody cares where something comes from".... my voice then went high-pitched with that protesting-tone that you have, as i then explained why.

her retort was "you really are a sad sap. do you know that?" she then smiled, patted me on the head and then went off to do something....

pah... :x

:D

Hang in there, man.  It will all pay off in the end.   :D

I too enjoy knowing the history of an item.  Makes it that much more "real", somehow.

Next