Judges Shield
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 4:32 am 

Hi All,

Sorry for coming armed with 0 judges guild knowledge (basically) but I was wondering why prices for the Judges Shield seem low?

Seems like an item of pretty massive historical significance in D&D - and wouldve htought print numbers were low also?

Thank you in advance!

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jun 16, 2023 9:00 am 

Ramblings regarding this: It was last in Fall catalog 1981. I don't think it was reprinted, just old stock with a new advert sheet. You had TSR bring out one in 79. Those who play OSR, etc have way more choices now to make or buy a screen. Maybe more people played then were DM. Former players don't collect accessories, rather the adventures they played in or the rules they played with.
:study:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jun 17, 2023 11:33 pm 

shadeun wrote in Judges Shield:Sorry for coming armed with 0 judges guild knowledge (basically) but I was wondering why prices for the Judges Shield seem low?

That's how game dealers get you hooked. First it's like, "here, try this Judges Guild, it's cheap." Next thing you know, you need more. You have to pay more & more to get that same feeling of old-school nostalgia. Next thing you know, you're into the hard stuff: shrinkwrap, print runs, you wouldn't believe how depraved some of these people get. These days, you even hear about shrinkwrap being removed to slab it. "Slabbers," that's what they're called on street corners by kids who are trying to sound "cool."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 1:55 am 

Sauromatian you buried some of your best work here in the Judges Guild thread? Save the A material for Collecting General.

Shrink is not a condition

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Jun 18, 2023 5:36 am 

I dill not waste my thyme talking to "sage" collector sauomatian. Mint in shrinkwrap is as real as Rosemary's baby.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 27, 2023 4:20 pm 

Thank you all for these reponses, I went down this rabbit hole late one night. Made this post and forgot to say thanks!