First Print JG Tegel Manor $119?
Author

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:02 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:*nods*. Not far off, IMO. And that's only from what I was party to!

Having to deal with us lot probably didn't help... :?

So what's happening? Is it up for private auction? Is it going back on eBay?

"It"??

No, I'm pretty sure "it" has been taken care of.

Although that has to be the craziest chain of events I've ever seen on and off eBay...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:05 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:*nods*. Not far off, IMO. And that's only from what I was party to!

Having to deal with us lot probably didn't help... :?

So what's happening? Is it up for private auction? Is it going back on eBay?

ian, go look up the top at my 11.04pm post on 8th March - thats what i got e-mailed by bella about how they were going to handle the situation!

having to deal with the folks on here? well imo when you are dangling a potential original of PotVQ in everyones faces, who else is gonna bid the hell out of it, other than the folk on here? and of course you are gonna ask multitudes of questions! i bloody well would for something thats gonna cost $800!

thats just my thought anyway :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:17 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:having to deal with the folks on here? well imo when you are dangling a potential original of PotVQ in everyones faces, who else is gonna bid the hell out of it, other than the folk on here? and of course you are gonna ask multitudes of questions! i bloody well would for something thats gonna cost $800!

Hey, ho! Not another person who bid or commented to her on the basis of 1st print prices! :P

Read back up; last genuine 3rd print, $306.

(And $275 at the 2004 Gencon auction; 404 - File or directory not found. ; thanks to whoever stated that was a 3rd, not a first print).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:28 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Read back up; last genuine 3rd print, $306.

(And $275 at the 2004 Gencon auction; 404 - File or directory not found. ; thanks to whoever stated that was a 3rd, not a first print).

So have you read my essay on the PoVQ production process, David? I must say there's something really tacky about the 3rd (2nd?) printing cover. Looks like it was done fast and dirty.

killjoy32 wrote:having to deal with the folks on here? well imo when you are dangling a potential original of PotVQ in everyones faces, who else is gonna bid the hell out of it, other than the folk on here? and of course you are gonna ask multitudes of questions!

So, do you think we scared her? Who get the PoVQ in the ned then?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:42 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:So have you read my essay on the PoVQ production process, David? I must say there's something really tacky about the 3rd (2nd?) printing cover. Looks like it was done fast and dirty.

Yup. Best kept in "shrink wrap" for authenticity, I think.

Thank you. Good essay. Certainly worth posting once this has died down a bit, for our thoughts.

mbassoc2003 wrote:So, do you think we scared her?

Totally freaked out more like.

In the end she effectively turned down the best genuine offer, twice (mine, both times, btw ;)), refused to believe it had any value whatsoever, then ended up taking an offer which placed a distinctly non-trivial value back on it again.

Think she just gave up trying to rationalise things she didn't understand.

Feel a bit sorry for her from that angle... :?

Bella's definitely sticking to Lego and Meccano from now on!

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:48 pm 

[edit back in again]

yup, this /did/ just get even sillier again, I think.....

(either someone here wants a slap with a wet trout, or else someone somewhere else wants seriously laughed at, if they just went and made that same presumption about being a genuine 1st print!)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 5:49 pm 

harami2000 wrote:In the end she effectively turned down the best genuine offer, twice (mine, both times, btw ;)), refused to believe it had any value whatsoever, then ended up taking an offer which placed a distinctly non-trivial value back on it again.

Think she just gave up trying to rationalise things she didn't understand.

Feel a bit sorry for her from that angle... :?

Bella's definitely sticking to Lego and Meccano from now on!

so has it actually now been sold then?

btw i just picked up the $800 out of thin air - didnt have any basis for that value ie. against 1st print etc...

i just remembered it was about what ian paid and so that was where i pulled the figure from. i wouldnt pay £100 for it personally but hey there ya go! well um maybe £100 :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:05 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:so has it actually now been sold then?

*nods*. Unless Bella decides she's had too much and decides to light her fire with it.

killjoy32 wrote:btw i just picked up the $800 out of thin air - didnt have any basis for that value ie. against 1st print etc...

And you were bidding pretty much neck-and-neck with myself and John, there!

Heh, heh...

killjoy32 wrote:i just remembered it was about what ian paid and so that was where i pulled the figure from. i wouldnt pay £100 for it personally but hey there ya go! well um maybe £100 :)

Would be a good buy on the "percentages" at such a price, yeah...

Had already offered her twice that, though, if I could have authenticated it, personally, and she didn't want it sent back for auctioning.

Like I said, no dice! (speaking of which...)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:42 pm 

*per note, three above*

Make that a very large trout...

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 6:49 pm 

Did she ever say where she got it?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 7:04 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:Did she ever say where she got it?

In a bulk lot of mixed games at an auction.

As noted by another Acaeum member, given the purchase and "find" locations, U.S. Navy (or possibly Air Force) connection could be a possibility, but impossible to say. (Student would work just as well, phps...).

Could well have been through other hands in the interim, anyhow, given the somewhat "mixed" bit-and-pieces which were for sale.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 2:33 am 

so who actually got it in the end? all i want to know is if it is really original or what...

hye david...as for bidding on it, yeah it was for the other things too (which i was also interested in) and would have prb gone to about £225 and that was all...would have stopped about there....me being a cheap-skate an all :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:18 am 

killjoy32 wrote:so who actually got it in the end? all i want to know is if it is really original or what...

Was 80-85% certain and reluctant to go higher on that under the circumstances.

A casual glance/compare with the genuine article (1st or 3rd print) would probably have boosted that to near 100%, IMO.

As to who got it, can't tell you because they've officially decided to remain anonymous.

Interpret that as you will, sorry :(

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:21 am 

harami2000 wrote:As to who got it, can't tell you because they've officially decided to remain anonymous.

Maybe she decided to keep it? I take it she's sold the Jade Hare and the manuscripts and WD's as well?

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:23 am 

harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:so who actually got it in the end? all i want to know is if it is really original or what...

Was 80-85% certain and reluctant to go higher on that under the circumstances.

A casual glance/compare would probably have boosted that to near 100%, IMO.

As to who got it, can't tell you because they've officially decided to remain anonymous.

I was probably 90-95% and happy to gamble.  But it aint me in case my silence seemed suspicious.

Bella has given some clues to the persons identity though. :wink:

But on that note.  Must dash.  More important things today.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:24 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Maybe she decided to keep it?

Nope.

Wanted well rid of it, to the point she ended up ditching her previous value-set that she couldn't sell anything apparently "worthless" for lots of money...

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:24 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Maybe she decided to keep it? I take it she's sold the Jade Hare and the manuscripts and WD's as well?

Yup.

Well, minus the mss's, phps. Depends whether one of the other ppl wanted those or not (?).

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Mar 11, 2005 3:28 am 

johnhuck wrote:But it aint me in case my silence seemed suspicious.

You = suspicious, John? :P

Nah; like I inferred, if it ain't an ST1 you'll play 100% "by the book". Right?

:o

PreviousNext