First Print JG Tegel Manor $119?
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:34 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:...and leave their established Ebay ID out of it. IMO.

That brings me back to my original question. Why buy your own items against real buyers. He's bought two now.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... 5960507013

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... 5960509577

Remember Maxwell and Tommy9896? :wink: Tommy9896 bought like 15 of those WotC banners from Max. Who knows? :?

feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View ... =tommy9896

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:39 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:One is a private id so you can't do searches on the name either.

Although they have recently switched this to private.  On the original PotVQ auction you could see their feedback.

<paranoid>I wonder why they hid it :?: </paranoid>

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:40 am 

killjoy32 wrote:up until this morning i was tempted to whack on a nice hefty bid somewhat nearer the end, but on 2nd thoughts, i have decided i am not going to bother - seems far too much of a risk to me now. good luck on any of you guys who are gonna go for it - i admire youre bottle on this one i have to say!

now if this was burnie selling it, well then it would be a whole different ball game :)

You can have mine, Alan.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:43 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:

You can have mine, Alan.

hi mate :) um yeah i will do a BIN for a ton or so :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:53 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:

You can have mine, Alan.

I've read it. I'm bored with it now.  :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:55 am 

No question it is a shill. Keep in mind, not everyone is as savvy to it as we are. They probably think no one would notice.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:57 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:

I've read it. I'm bored with it now. :D

ian, you could use it as packaging materials to send me that X1 i have just bought from you for £99.99 BIN  :wink:

LOL!

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:23 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:I've read it. I'm bored with it now. :D

ian, you could use it as packaging materials to send me that X1 i have just bought from you for £99.99 BIN :wink:

LOL!

Hey, you two...! A little more reverence for the holy artifacts of RPGdom, please! :P :D

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:27 am 

harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:

ian, you could use it as packaging materials to send me that X1 i have just bought from you for £99.99 BIN :wink:

LOL!

Hey, you two...! A little more reverence for the holy artifacts of RPGdom, please! :P :D

You've still not answered my question, David.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:34 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:You've still not answered my question, David.

*reads back*. If it's that question, is still at the postal depot :(

And only just arrived today, apparently, unless they forgot to tick the "recorded/registered" box any of the earlier "unable to deliver" cards. Got a small stack of these now (nearly two weeks worth) since they've recently decided only to re-deliver "priority" items on Saturday... *meh*.

That's what I get for telling them it's not OK to fold-up or otherwise crush any package until it fits through the letterbox.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:45 am 

harami2000 wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:You've still not answered my question, David.

*reads back*. If it's that question, is still at the postal depot :(

And only just arrived today, apparently, unless they forgot to tick the "recorded/registered" box any of the earlier "unable to deliver" cards. Got a small stack of these now (nearly two weeks worth) since they've recently decided only to re-deliver "priority" items on Saturday... *meh*.

That's what I get for telling them it's not OK to fold-up or otherwise crush any package until it fits through the letterbox.

There may be a small stack of those 'customs charge required' cards there too.  :wink:  I'm tempted to get a big pizza box letterbox for my door.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 8:58 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I'm tempted to get a big pizza box letterbox for my door.

I've got a carpenter at the house this week, and that is one of the jobs on his list.  My Victorian door has a letterbox not much wider than a modern postage stamp!  Although the gap under the door might be big enough to slide in an unboxed thin base pizza.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:13 pm 

oh now there's a surprise ***NOT*** - didn't see that one coming ***feigns shock***

wonder what the reason is going to be this time then :)

prb for the best anyways if you ask me!

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:17 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:oh now there's a surprise ***NOT*** - didn't see that one coming ***feigns shock***

wonder what the reason is going to be this time then :)

prb for the best anyways if you ask me!

From the interesting items thread on the Collecting General page....

Aneoth wrote:Hmmm... Ended early. Curious.

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 5961286862

One of you guys must have made an offer that could not be refused....

So what was the offer then?

Just out of curiosity.... :?:

Indeed.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:30 pm 

just got this e-mail from "the directors":

Hi All,

After much consideration and discusion with my partner I believe it is too risky for the bidders participating in this auction to be bidding so highly on the pictured packaging materials.

I am not comfortable selling to people at such a high price, especially since a few of you have been e-mailing me regularily and have been very pleasant. I would have been more than happy to have got £180 for the whole box, but as someone has already pointed out, I might have been told to 'keep the rest' and ship only a few items.

I'm sorry for all the inconvenience. It has been quite an eye openner for me. I'll stick to Lego in the future.

so ummm are they like keeping it or what?  8O

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:42 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:just got this e-mail from "the directors":

Hi All,

After much consideration and discusion with my partner I believe it is too risky for the bidders participating in this auction to be bidding so highly on the pictured packaging materials.

I am not comfortable selling to people at such a high price, especially since a few of you have been e-mailing me regularily and have been very pleasant. I would have been more than happy to have got £180 for the whole box, but as someone has already pointed out, I might have been told to 'keep the rest' and ship only a few items.

I'm sorry for all the inconvenience. It has been quite an eye openner for me. I'll stick to Lego in the future.

so ummm are they like keeping it or what? 8O

Did you read the whole e-mail? That one threw me, too.

So here is the crunch...

I am going to take bids on a single job lot on a no return, sold as seen and discribed basis.

The job lot consists of the most asked about items, and should satisfy out US and Canadian bidders also.

The items are;

The Jade Hare

Tegel Manor

Palace of the Vampire Queen - Sealed. Authenticity unknown.

White Dwarf Issue 2

White Dwarf Issue 6

A private auction and she doesn't want high bids? I'm cool with that, but I suspect it will end up going to one of the 'few of you have been e-mailing me regularily and have been very pleasant'. :(

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:04 pm 

didn't you read the rest of it?

"No shipping or insurance costs. I will ship to the winning bidder with full insurance and a tracking number. This will be either Special Delivery for UK bidders, or AIrmail Airsure for international bidders.

From advice given to me by various bidders, and one or two non-bidding parties (possible the snipers that I have been warned about), I have a value that I am comfortable selling this lot at.

I will circulate an e-mail after the initial responses have been received and list the upper few bids with no names against them. That way each person can identify their own bid but not the other bidders.

I will also give everyone the oportunity to amend their bids up or down as they see fit.

The final bid price and the winning bidder will not be disclosed unless the winning bidder choses to disclose his or her identity.

I would ask the nutter that offered a £1000 valuation to take this seriously. If I get an offer from you in that area, I will not be selling it to you anyway.

If you are interested in the above items as a single package, please e-mail me with an initial offer.

Thank-you for your interest.

Bella."

tell ya guys, i dont like the sound of this one bit. i won't be going near it for all the tea in china!  :?

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:07 pm 

This gets weirder and weirder as it goes along! Providing a lot of entertainment if nothing else! :)

PreviousNext