First Print JG Tegel Manor $119?
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:43 pm 

I had thought about that. To those not privy to the conversations here and knowledge of how things occured the value of Tegel Manor will be skewed for a bit. Poor guy somewhere is digging one out of the closet thinking they have a good chunk of mad money on the way.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:03 am 

Marlith wrote:I had thought about that. To those not privy to the conversations here and knowledge of how things occured the value of Tegel Manor will be skewed for a bit. Poor guy somewhere is digging one out of the closet thinking they have a good chunk of mad money on the way.

and i will be there snapping them up when they dont go for as much as he wants them to either :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:25 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
Marlith wrote:I had thought about that. To those not privy to the conversations here and knowledge of how things occured the value of Tegel Manor will be skewed for a bit. Poor guy somewhere is digging one out of the closet thinking they have a good chunk of mad money on the way.

and i will be there snapping them up when they dont go for as much as he wants them to either :)

And if someone's smart they'll put one up with a £100 BIN to sit next to that one in the search results. Someone'll buy it. I would, but I don't have any left.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:27 am 

harami2000 wrote:
johnhuck wrote:Maybe I'm going to get burned :cry:

Phew, someone else has jumped the queue for that burning.

Now do I really want to put myself back in the firing line? (will mull this over for a day or two)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 3:57 am 

johnhuck wrote:
harami2000 wrote:
Phew, someone else has jumped the queue for that burning.

Now do I really want to put myself back in the firing line? (will mull this over for a day or two)

Comments like that in public are liable to get a public response along the lines of "now do I really want to retract that bid or not? (will mull this over for a day or two)" :P

You didn't respond to my PM, John ;)

(And, more to the point, neither is Bella responding to my emails...).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:04 am 

Man, you guys are nuts. This has burn written all over it.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:05 am 

Deadlord36 wrote:Man, you guys are nuts. This has burn written all over it.

*chuckles*. I know, Frank...

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 5:10 am 

harami2000 wrote:
johnhuck wrote:

Comments like that in public are liable to get a public response along the lines of "now do I really want to retract that bid or not? (will mull this over for a day or two)" :P

You didn't respond to my PM, John ;)

(And, more to the point, neither is Bella responding to my emails...).

I won't be retracting any bids.  Well not unless there's a significant change to the listing, or someone digs some dirt on Bella.  Talking of which, I haven't had any replies to my emails to Bella either. :?

It's almost worth winning one of "her" other auctions on which postal orders are accepted just to get a name and address (not sure if I should be sharing that idea, might have given me an edge).  Would probably be better to get a friend to bid on it.  Just to maintain the deception.

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5960507013

All these veiled messages, paranoia, etc certainly add to the entertainment (for the spectators).

I was trying to work out what you meant in your PM.  Then I had to leave for work.  I've now replied.  Well, sort of.

harami2000 wrote:
Deadlord36 wrote:Man, you guys are nuts. This has burn written all over it.

*chuckles*. I know, Frank...

Who needs drugs when you've got auctions like this? 8O

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 6:59 am 

johnhuck wrote: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5960507013

All these veiled messages, paranoia, etc certainly add to the entertainment (for the spectators).

Well, not to throw any more gasoline on the paranoia fire, but look how amazinglingly similar the winner of that auction and the sellers names are (technicmind v. technictoys). 8O

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:07 am 

bclarkie wrote:
johnhuck wrote: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 5960507013

Well, not to throw any more gasoline on the paranoia fire, but look how amazinglingly similar the winner of that auction and the sellers names are (technicmind v. technictoys). 8O

I don't know about shilling your own auctions, but you'd think if someone was gonna bid on their own auctions they wouldn't do it from an established account with a history. You'd figure they'd do it with a newbie account.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:20 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
bclarkie wrote: Well, not to throw any more gasoline on the paranoia fire, but look how amazinglingly similar the winner of that auction and the sellers names are (technicmind v. technictoys). 8O

I don't know about shilling your own auctions, but you'd think if someone was gonna bid on their own auctions they wouldn't do it from an established account with a history. You'd figure they'd do it with a newbie account.

Now I am not saying that it is for sure a shill, but in this circumstance, if you are going to commit a fraudulent auction (i.e this weeks PotVQ), then I would think the seller would create the Newbie ID to sell the Fraud item and leave their established Ebay ID out of it. IMO.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:20 am 

up until this morning i was tempted to whack on a nice hefty bid somewhat nearer the end, but on 2nd thoughts, i have decided i am not going to bother - seems far too much of a risk to me now. good luck on any of you guys who are gonna go for it - i admire youre bottle on this one i have to say!

now if this was burnie selling it, well then it would be a whole different ball game :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:25 am 

Just for the curious - both the "technics" are located in the UK.  They both sell similar "lego" items.  The one technic has bidded on the other technics auctions twice (and won!)

Oddly, he is winning the same type of items that he sells . . . only he doesn't sell much of them, so why buy more (check out completed items)

One is a private id so you can't do searches on the name either.

Good luck!  :)

"Gleemonex makes it feel like it's seventy-two degrees in your head... all... the... time! "

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:31 am 

bclarkie wrote:...and leave their established Ebay ID out of it. IMO.

That brings me back to my original question. Why buy your own items against real buyers. He's bought two now.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... 5960507013

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... 5960509577

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:34 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:...and leave their established Ebay ID out of it. IMO.

That brings me back to my original question. Why buy your own items against real buyers. He's bought two now.

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... 5960507013

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... 5960509577

Remember Maxwell and Tommy9896? :wink: Tommy9896 bought like 15 of those WotC banners from Max. Who knows? :?

feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?View ... =tommy9896

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:39 am 

beyondthebreach wrote:One is a private id so you can't do searches on the name either.

Although they have recently switched this to private.  On the original PotVQ auction you could see their feedback.

<paranoid>I wonder why they hid it :?: </paranoid>

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:40 am 

killjoy32 wrote:up until this morning i was tempted to whack on a nice hefty bid somewhat nearer the end, but on 2nd thoughts, i have decided i am not going to bother - seems far too much of a risk to me now. good luck on any of you guys who are gonna go for it - i admire youre bottle on this one i have to say!

now if this was burnie selling it, well then it would be a whole different ball game :)

You can have mine, Alan.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 7:43 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:

You can have mine, Alan.

hi mate :) um yeah i will do a BIN for a ton or so :D

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext