First Print JG Tegel Manor $119?
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:13 am 

hi ian....noooo nothing to do with whats IN the auction. how someone wants to "word" their auction to get around e-bay is cool with me, as well as who bids on it and how much they pay and how they go about it...again thats cool with me.

if you read the reply she sent to me (and no doubt to others too), you will see what i mean. if youre gonna run an auction, then you run it. in the end, she has made it very clear that its for tegel manor and "packaged materials". well if ppl want to bid on the whole, in the hope that the "packaged materials" are actually something else, well thats the risk isnt it. she isnt placing any value on them, the bidders are. but in the mail, she is threatening to pull the auction, but will leave it running for now "to see how it goes"...i mean WTF is that all about? i know some have said that they are paying on c.card so if anything isnt right they will fall back on that and get their money back, which is a little unfair for the seller and i can understand her hesitancy on wanting the auction to run, due to the risk involved of unhappy bidders if something doesnt pan out the way they want it to.

honourable to me is you just run the auction. she should have just ran tegel manor and thats that. should have left the "packaged materials" as a private issue to those who are interested imo.

by "honourable", i meant all these e-mails that are getting sent out by her. i just dont like that - but thats just me. it just makes me feel that the auctions for some reason doesnt quite feel like a "level playing field" for all involved.

i just see this one ending up in a very bad situation somehow....

but hey, where there is money involved, there is always trouble on the horizon :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:32 am 

Yeah, I got the e-mail as well, but I see her point. If someone sent Tegel Manor back to her and got a refund through PayPal, she's got no PoVQ. And she's obviously been advised of its worth.

If eBay had asked her to remove the items, she should have just e-mailed bidders directly and asked for private bids. Especially if she already had some on the table.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:35 am 

killjoy32 wrote:she isnt placing any value on them, the bidders are. but in the mail, she is threatening to pull the auction, but will leave it running for now "to see how it goes"...i mean WTF is that all about?

Oh, there's another "trick" yet, which explains why I've been having to lead from the front in the first place... will mention, later, or else when I've had enough of this.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:39 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Yeah, I got the e-mail as well, but I see her point. If someone sent Tegel Manor back to her and got a refund through PayPal, she's got no PoVQ. And she's obviously been advised of its worth.

If eBay had asked her to remove the items, she should have just e-mailed bidders directly and asked for private bids. Especially if she already had some on the table.

If there's anyone around here who's more than 80% certain it's genuine, please stick your hands up.

Sounds like you're one of those, Ian ;)

In which case, this is no way to run an auction for a "presumed" genuine item, which she refuses to let anyone attempt to authenticate, or return if unhappy.

Besides, we're getting pretty damn close to $306 now... (Hiya, John!).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:47 am 

my thoughts are if she went off and researched it properly and THEN bumped it all back on seperately, she'd have prb got their proper worth anyway, without all the hassle that "might" come.....

anyway looks like its starting to warm up quite nicely in there now :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:50 am 

As this is becoming an Acaeum case, I'd be just curious to see a piccie of the packing material that she's so courteously willing to send pictures around...

And well, we could persuade her to run the auction here instead in e-bay since the list of the bidders is strangely familiar...  :lol:

YIM  

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 3:57 am 

killjoy32 wrote:my thoughts are if she went off and researched it properly and THEN bumped it all back on seperately, she'd have prb got their proper worth anyway, without all the hassle that "might" come.....

Had offered days ago, at my expense, with a large deposit and totally "open" to the list, to check it out and return it with my evaluation, fwiw.

No interest.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:01 am 

harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:my thoughts are if she went off and researched it properly and THEN bumped it all back on seperately, she'd have prb got their proper worth anyway, without all the hassle that "might" come.....

Had offered days ago, at my expense, with a large deposit and totally "open" to the list, to check it out and return it with my evaluation, fwiw.

No interest.

very odd really isnt it? oh well ne'mind. my curiousity is aroused now and impulsiveness has kicked in **throws himself into the melee**

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:02 am 

rosenkav wrote:As this is becoming an Acaeum case, I'd be just curious to see a piccie of the packing material that she's so courteously willing to send pictures around...

And well, we could persuade her to run the auction here instead in e-bay since the list of the bidders is strangely familiar... :lol:

Here are the picture links I have.

http://img162.exs.cx/img162/4197/packing15uk.jpg

http://img162.exs.cx/img162/6561/packing28xm.jpg

http://img162.exs.cx/img162/3954/packing30vt.jpg

http://img162.exs.cx/img162/5584/packing45bm.jpg

http://img162.exs.cx/img162/6880/packing52xu.jpg

http://img162.exs.cx/img162/8929/packing65hw.jpg

http://img212.exs.cx/img212/8356/front0qk.jpg

http://img212.exs.cx/img212/4083/back9ff.jpg

As regards the board hoasting an auction, the board is a non-commercial enterprise, and I think it should stay that way. Morality aside, we can hardly be an objective and open forum if we are going to trade openly on the floor. This is a place of respite and relaxation for many, lots of us call it home. If we're gonna fight over items, lets keep it on eBay.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:07 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:

No interest.

very odd really isnt it? oh well ne'mind. my curiousity is aroused now and impulsiveness has kicked in **throws himself into the melee**

Remember, I did say $306 was the price of the last genuine copy.

Even if it is genuine, it is NOT the same printing as Ian's or mine....

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:09 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:As regards the board hoasting an auction, the board is a non-commercial enterprise, and I think it should stay that way. Morality aside, we can hardly be an objective and open forum if we are going to trade openly on the floor. This is a place of respite and relaxation for many, lots of us call it home.

*chuckles at that last line* ;)

Yeah, I'm 100% with Scott to keep that separate category for classifieds and leave it at that.

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 4:10 am 

I was just joking, mbassoc.

And thanks for the pictures !

YIM  

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 6:44 am 

Second printing of Tegel with additional packing materials....

Sorry. Had to do it  :twisted:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... RK:MEWA:IT

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:17 am 

harami2000 wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:So this one's going across the pond is it? Does someone know something about the 'quality' of the packing that they're not sharing? Yes. I've seen the photos.

Yeah, but only myself and one other person got the comment about the color of the cover... For good or bad, I really haven't got a clue, to be honest. :?

I actually made a remark last week about the color of the cover when the first auction was still up. It concerned me because it appeared to be to bright green versus the picture of the 3rd print that we have listed here on the site. No one really addressed my concerns, so I figured that I was just being paranoid. :? There are certain parts of this auction, that the more I read about it through everyone's comments, that this may just be a very well designed scam . :evil: The fact that "bella" was so unwilling to let somebody try to authenticate the item for her raises a huge red flag to me. Another thing of note, is the fact that she stated to me that EBay asked her to take the auction down because someone complained about her selling "photocopies". The fact of the matter is that the people who were bidding on her auction at that time for the most part were members here, who were pretty well convinced that the item was authentic despite her "photocopy" claim.  Now, IMO, that means 1 of 2 things. First thing is that someone from here did complain to Ebay hoping the auction would get pulled and hoping to purchase the PotVQ off EBay for a greatly reduced price. The other thing that could be happening is that she is just flat out lying about the whole EBay thing, that she is just planning on taking the money and running away, far away. In lieu of comments here made about charging the items back through Paypal, I must warn everyone that you will only be able to get back what Paypal can recover for you and not 1 penny more :evil: . I recently just found this out the hard way on a seller who never delivered the goods.

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:42 am 

bclarkie wrote: I must warn everyone that you will only be able to get back what Paypal can recover for you and not 1 penny more :evil: . I recently just found this out the hard way on a seller who never delivered the goods.

just thought i would also point out to the guys who live in the UK who are bidding. If she doesnt accept paypal and wants a cheque and THEN does a runner without providing the goods, you can sue your bank for breaching the consumer credit act (1974 i think it is) - i have done this before, but was a long time ago. i got one of the guys in work to sort it for me (i work in a law firm). As it would end up going through the small claims court (most likely) - each party bears their own cost and most banks won't even bother as it costs more to fight it than to just pay up.

well it worked for me anyways.

and of course if you pay by credit card, my advice is to just bypass paypal totally and get your credit card to deal with it. i personally think paypal is the biggest bunch of sh*t around. just not as sh*t as most other options :)

it certainly is a strange way to action a large £/$ auction. doesn't fill me with any great confidence i have to admit.

Alan

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:48 am 

bclarkie wrote:
harami2000 wrote:
Yeah, but only myself and one other person got the comment about the color of the cover... For good or bad, I really haven't got a clue, to be honest. :?

I actually made a remark last week about the color of the cover when the first auction was still up. It concerned me because it appeared to be to bright green versus the picture of the 3rd print that we have listed here on the site. No one really addressed my concerns, so I figured that I was just being paranoid. :? There are certain parts of this auction, that the more I read about it through everyone's comments, that this may just be a very well designed scam . :evil:  The fact that "bella" was so unwilling to let somebody try to aucthenticate the item for her raises a huge red flag to me. Another thing of note, is the fact that she stated to me that EBay asked her to take the auction down because someone complained about her selling "photocopies". The fact of the matter the people who were bidding on her auction at that time for the most part were members here who were pretty well convinced that the item was authentic despite her photocopy claim. Now, IMO, that means 1 of 2 things. First thing is that some from here did complain hoping the auction would get pulled and hoping to purchase the PotVQ off EBay for a greatly reduced price. The other thing that could be happening is that she is just flat out lying about the whole EBay thing, that she is just planning on taking the money and running away, far away. In lieu of comments here made about charging the items back through Paypal, I must warn everyone that you will only be able to get back what Paypal can recover for you and not 1 penny more :evil: . I recently just found this out the hard way on a seller who never delivered the goods.

I suspect some are bidding because they know more about PoVQ covers than is posted here on Acaeum. I have the one Burnie sold, and mine is not the same colour as the one on Acaeum either. Mine is distinctly bright, almost neon yellow. I'm waiting to find out from David what colour his is, but I suspect your comment on colour did not go unnoticed. It was just not remarked upon by those who understood the implication.

I don't know if I'd want to send something I knew nothing about, off to someone I'd only exchanged e-mails with to have it authenticated.

I'm also having problems recovering money from a guy in the States who's done a bunk. There was no PayPal protection on his auctions.

PayPal have warned me that if they can't recover the money, I can't get it back. Even though I paid with a credit card. If my credit card recover the money from PayPal, they will review my case, and more than likely just deduct the funds from my account again. This is because the transaction disputed with the buyer is a different transaction entirely from the one transferring money from my credit card. That's why they split them up and give them different numbers.

So be warned. If you use your credit card, the odds are you have no recourse. And if there is no PayPal Protection on the transaction, they will still take the case and try to recover the funds, but at the end of the day you only have eBay to fall back on.

I wouldn't be risking £200 on those odds.

Just my 2.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:06 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Mine is distinctly bright, almost neon yellow.

Looks OK to me.

mbassoc2003 wrote:I wouldn't be risking £200 on those odds.

I have a level at which I'm happy to gamble to and risk losing my stake.  And I suspect that despite the public concerns, there are still a handful of people who are waiting to throw in a final bid.

But check my feedback score. :twisted:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:50 am 

johnhuck wrote:But check my feedback score. :twisted:

I'd noticed, John!  8)  8)

PreviousNext