First Print JG Tegel Manor $119?
Author

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:16 pm 

Saw the one go for $78 recently but all I can say is wow!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 86862&rd=1 :o

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:23 pm 

Marlith wrote:Saw the one go for $78 recently but all I can say is wow!

A little birdy told me that there is something very special about that one though. :wink:  Remember, Mr. Harami is a very SMART and seasoned buyer, who doesn't just throw his money away on anything and everything.  :D

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:52 pm 

I would love to know then after the auction is over. I hope he would be willing to pass along what makes this one different than the others. I just can't see it from the images...though I would not even begin to consider myself more than a rank amateur in the variations of Judges Guild products.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 2:53 pm 

*chuckles* thanks! But that's not what Frank said, first time, in response to http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 3760075536 ;)

Unfortunately I'm being forced to lead from the front on this one, against my better judgement. And knowing that doing so would wave a few flags over here.

Still somewhat irked with the seller's decision to handle things in this way, after offering assistance, but it's their call.

(Will go nicely with my photocopied 2nd edition Chainmail, I think...).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:13 pm 

Marlith wrote:Saw the one go for $78 recently but all I can say is wow!

Uh-oh, looks like the little birdy must have visited Aneoth too, as he has thrown in his .02 into the ring, or rather $170. :wink:

Christ, look at that bidding history, its like a who's who of the Acaeum, all for that silly Tegal Manor. :lol:

It must be the special packaging that seller is going to pack your purchase with. That seller REALLY must care about protecting your purchase. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:19 pm 

I heard through the grapevine that this is not simply a matter of a nice looking Tegel Manor, but the strange looking packing materials that will be used to keep the Tegel Manor nice and snug for the long and otherwise lonely trip across the pond....

the packing materials that will be used to pack the Tegel Manor in a nice cozy manner are a big bunch of photocopied papers from some long forgotten source. :wink:

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:25 pm 

Aneoth wrote:I heard through the grapevine that this is not simply a matter of a nice looking Tegel Manor, but the strange looking packing materials that will be used to keep the Tegel Manor nice and snug for the long and otherwise lonely trip across the pond....

the packing materials that will be used to pack the Tegel Manor in a nice cozy manner are a big bunch of photocopied papers from some long forgotten source. :wink:

Aw, what the hell, I'm in.  :D

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:37 pm 

The same birdie that was singing to bclarkie landed on a grapvine I listening too as well. I might have to throw my hat into the ring as well though I doubt my pockets are deep enough.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:39 pm 

Marlith wrote:The same birdie that was singing to bclarkie landed on a grapvine I listening too as well. I might have to throw my hat into the ring as well though I doubt my pockets are deep enough.

Hope you got the full story.... :roll:

(Can't say I'm enjoying this).

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:49 pm 

Oh, I see this quote was missing from the emails to those who joined late.

"Another bidder did e-mail me a picture and all I could say is that this one is a much brighter yellow. The camera gives a quite good representation of colour I think."

Happy now?

Will be having a word with Bella ;)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:49 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
Marlith wrote:The same birdie that was singing to bclarkie landed on a grapvine I listening too as well. I might have to throw my hat into the ring as well though I doubt my pockets are deep enough.

Hope you got the full story.... :roll:

(Can't say I'm enjoying this).

Well I got pics and a story.  I was slightly disapointed to see no JH, but still some nice packing material. :wink:  I also got what I am sure is a form email stating:
Thank-you for your interest in my present and previous auction. The Dungeons & Dragons Memorabelia lot was removed at the request of eBay. They felt that the presence of photocopied material was likely to influence the bidding. The also received a complaint about its presence.

Now who the hell would have complianed?  :roll:  Obviously someone who has no idea what the things in the auction were.

The other really disturbing part of the email I received was this:
Following advice, and at the request of some American bidders, I have decided to break the lot up and auction items off individually

I mean WTF is that? :evil:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:56 pm 

Aneoth wrote:I heard through the grapevine that this is not simply a matter of a nice looking Tegel Manor, but the strange looking packing materials that will be used to keep the Tegel Manor nice and snug for the long and otherwise lonely trip across the pond....

So this one's going across the pond is it? Does someone know something about the 'quality' of the packing that they're not sharing? Yes. I've seen the photos.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:00 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:So this one's going across the pond is it? Does someone know something about the 'quality' of the packing that they're not sharing? Yes. I've seen the photos.

Yeah, but only myself and one other person got the comment about the color of the cover... For good or bad, I really haven't got a clue, to be honest. :?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:04 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:So this one's going across the pond is it? Does someone know something about the 'quality' of the packing that they're not sharing? Yes. I've seen the photos.

Yeah, but only myself and one other person got the comment about the color of the cover... For good or bad, I really haven't got a clue, to be honest. :?

Aah. Good old insider dealing. Has your black folder arrived yet? Eagerly awaiting the low down on the condition and what you think of the mod' (presuming you haven't read it before). PM me with your thoughts.  :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:10 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Aah. Good old insider dealing. Has your black folder arrived yet? Eagerly awaiting the low down on the condition and what you think of the mod' (presuming you haven't read it before). PM me with your thoughts. :D

I think Bella has been too slinky for her own good, to be honest...

Is possibly at the postal depot; will check tomorrow.

(Oh, btw, at least one or two people were under the impression it was a first print; hence, possibly, the reason for that crazy-mad $1000 quote).

There's a Balrog in there somewhere, according to the review. Have browsed through that summary, but never the mod. Looking forward to doing so! :)

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 6:11 pm 

Repost; email now sent!

=

"Another bidder did e-mail me a picture and all I could say is that this one is a much brighter yellow. The camera gives a quite good representation of colour I think."

Happy now?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:24 am 

harami2000 wrote:Repost; email now sent!

=

Happy now?

i just got this e-mail from "Bella":

Hi all,

I have had warnings from three bidders that if they bid on the item and won, and were dissatisfied in any way with the item, they would recover their money through PayPal or their Credit Cards.

For those of you who do not realise the implication of this, it is that the packing material does not need to be returned with the item you are bidding upon.

Those of you who have warned me of this possibility should not take this message personally. Had I received this warning from a single sourse, I could possibly have ignored it, but with the bidding going so high, I am giving serious consideration to ending this auction.

I will sleep on it and check my e-mails in the morning. As I am encouraged not to auction these used gaming materials on eBay, I see nothing underhanded in taking private offers.

I will leave the item to run for the time being and see how things develop. I just think everyone should be aware of the situation.

Thanks. I'll be in touch.

Bella.

personally guys, i don't really like the way in which they are conducting themselves here. hardly the honourable way to auction something.

just what i think anyway.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 2:50 am 

killjoy32 wrote:personally guys, i don't really like the way in which they are conducting themselves here. hardly the honourable way to auction something.

just what i think anyway.

Al

Do you mean its a dishonourable way to run an auction woith the 'packing materials', or do you mean its a dishonourable way to compete and bid for the items, or both.

Besides, what happens if PoVQ is a photocopy?

I would like to discuss the PoVQ printing techniques and such issues with you, David, when you've got your copy and have had a chance to study it.

Next