Old '80s Judges Guild stuff?
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:57 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:"Sniping Sofware"  I like it. I have heard about this type of software. I know you run the risk of telling a rival bidder what to do but....where do I find this software?

I use Snipeswipe but I know there are several other sniper software outfits out there. In fact, there are a couple of threads in the General Collecting forum discussing this. Try searching for "snipe" or something on the forums.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:01 pm 

I just got a copy of City State of the World Emperor by sniping software.  Saved me $10, so I figure it was worth it.  AuctionSniper.com

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 7:18 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:I just got a copy of City State of the World Emperor by sniping software. Saved me $10, so I figure it was worth it. AuctionSniper.com

i just simply wont use sniper software. for me it takes all the fun out of actually trying to get my hands on something.

Al

ps. mind you the plus side to using it is you then got a chance of david not sniping me all the time :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 8:02 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:i just simply wont use sniper software. for me it takes all the fun out of actually trying to get my hands on something.

*waves to the adrenaline junkie*... And willing to pay for his fix, too! :twisted:

*reads other comment* :P

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 31, 2005 4:33 am 

harami2000 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:i just simply wont use sniper software. for me it takes all the fun out of actually trying to get my hands on something.

*waves to the adrenaline junkie*... And willing to pay for his fix, too! :twisted:

*reads other comment* :P

well i look at it like this. each time you beat me with that stoopid software, makes me more determined next time :)

mind you saying that, you beat me on them fanzines the other week, but the other fanzines i was after, i wouldnt have got anyway, cos our oz friend mr beasterbrook blew me out of the water with his bids anwyay :)

all fun n games :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 5:52 pm 

I have not had any luck with snipes since that first success.   :(

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 7:00 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:I have not had any luck with snipes since that first success.  :(

The thing about snipes is that you still have to outbid anyone else. So your snipe bid has to be high enough to beat anyone else's snipe bid. The other day I lost out on that nice 3rd print Tegel Manor cuz someone had a higher snipe than me.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 09, 2005 10:59 pm 

I like the snipe option because it does not force me to sit at the computer when I should be doing something else...like now.

Also, the snipe allows me to make rational decisions about how much I should really pay.

I will keep sniping...if only because I can.   :evil:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 10, 2005 2:08 am 

MShipley88 wrote:I like the snipe option because it does not force me to sit at the computer when I should be doing something else...like now.

Also, the snipe allows me to make rational decisions about how much I should really pay.

I will keep sniping...if only because I can.  :evil:

still takes that element of excitement out of it for me, so still wont use it :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 3:08 am 

I can see the point of not using sniping software.  There is more of a challenge that way.   More sporting.  Aye?   :wink:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 13, 2005 5:25 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:I can see the point of not using sniping software. There is more of a challenge that way.  More sporting. Aye?  :wink:

All I care about is getting the items I want. I'm not much of a sportsman. Not that there's anything wrong with that.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:32 pm 

Now that I have most of the JG Dungeons and Dragons stuff I am more of a sportsman.

Still, there are three to five publications that prove....elusive.   :evil:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:45 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:Hey, is there a really good site to see pics and descriptions of old Judge's Guild modules and things? I remember having a few items back in the day that were pretty neat. I'm pretty sure one of 'em had a description of an aardvark barbarian race (ala Cerebus the Aardvark). Anyone remember that?

Damn... didn't spot the bagged minis slink through. :( :(

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6548880843

Auction winner got a bargain there.

(Hey, I am kinda responding to the first post on the thread... :P).

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:26 am 

Those minis just slinked right on by...rather elusive for lead?   :wink:

Wondering what is "slipping by" on Ebay is starting to become an obsession for me.  The wife hasn't said anything, but I know she's wondering.  She suspects!   8)

She's been pretty patient up to now...probably wondering what will be next.  There was a gap in the parcels arriving, but they are about to start appearing again.  "Honey, it was only $.99 (...plus $3.85 for shipping...)."

:evil:   "Dark angels follow me....."    :evil:

Previous