Old '80s Judges Guild stuff?
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:00 pm 

I think my Wild Hunt run is going up tomorrow. 7-65 or something. two of the 60's are gone, but that's a pretty solid run for a rare fanzine.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:06 pm 

harami2000 wrote:*ears prick up*

Someone else around here knows about the short, grey obnoxious one... ;)

( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5169067043 is a good option, IMHO. Friendly seller, too).

The Aardvarkian world from the earlier issues made for a few excellent scenarios, here; most memorably one of the sponsored 24 hour efforts I used to run at university. Was very much fun!

(Beware of the annoyance factor of "people" with tall pointy hats, though...! 8) *chuckles*)

*yay*

[ Image ]

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 96842&rd=1

might be worth checking that out?

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:21 pm 

Ok. Further to my last disbelief on JG prices, I ask once again...

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... RK:MEWA:IT

WTF?  8O

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:46 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Ok. Further to my last disbelief on JG prices, I ask once again...

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... RK:MEWA:IT

WTF? 8O

holy cow!!! £56!!! fook man! i dunno what the hell is happening at the moment, cos there certainly is a sudden surge for all sorts of stuff atm!

never ceases to amaze me

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:09 pm 

Well, there are three higher-demand items in that lot (Tegel Manor, Dark Tower, & Inferno) but that's still quite a bit to pay for them in the state they are in.  Lots of modules tend to be going for a bit more than usual lately, especially when they combine some harder to get items.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:48 pm 

dbartman wrote:Well, there are three higher-demand items in that lot (Tegel Manor, Dark Tower, & Inferno) but that's still quite a bit to pay for them in the state they are in. Lots of modules tend to be going for a bit more than usual lately, especially when they combine some harder to get items.

And no maps for Tegel Manor there either.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:51 pm 

Speaking og Tegel Manor maps. Does anyone know where I could pick up a set of originals? The set I have though in good shape are not as good as the module. Any insight, suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:42 am 

dbartman wrote:Well, there are three higher-demand items in that lot (Tegel Manor, Dark Tower, & Inferno) but that's still quite a bit to pay for them in the state they are in. Lots of modules tend to be going for a bit more than usual lately, especially when they combine some harder to get items.

The irony here being that I just started getting interested in collecting old JG stuff, and prices are going through the roof. *grump*

I did manage to win an auction for City State of the World Emperor yesterday, but it's an imcomplete set as far as I can tell. Missing the two campaign maps and the full color cover. Oh well. I'm more of a nostalgic collector than anything else anyway.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:05 am 

Marlith wrote:Speaking og Tegel Manor maps. Does anyone know where I could pick up a set of originals? The set I have though in good shape are not as good as the module. Any insight, suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

get in touch with "fencert" i think his ebay ID his. i have dealt with him lots and he will prb be able to help - hes a great guy. he will know who i am if you mention it.

i will be amazed if he hasn't got any!

hope that helps?

Alan

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:45 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:get in touch with "fencert" i think his ebay ID his. i have dealt with him lots and he will prb be able to help - hes a great guy. he will know who i am if you mention it.

*nod nods*. Is worth a try, certainly.

He's been selling off all sorts of early maps and other bits-and-pieces in addition to /very/ decent prices on the more common SW stuff. Stock has been diminishing in variety, I think, but am surprised he's got any left at all.

(And to those outwith the U.S., he had no trouble with M-Bags, either; hence his regular listing now advertising those up-front... well, mebbe not for a couple of maps, though!).

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:30 pm 

Thank you for the heads up on fencert. I sent him an email and hopefully he can help.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:36 pm 

I actually just bought a bunch of JG stuff from him yesterday, and he seems like a pretty good guy. I just noticed a map auction he just put up if it helps:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 9&rd=1

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:46 pm 

Saw that after I sent an email. Not the map I need but who knows. I remember years ago picking up a whole stack of CSWE city maps off Egor or some other vendor at a con thinking I know at some point i am going to need spares. Wish I had the foresight to look for Tegel Maps back then. I am sure they were alot more common 10 years ago.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:02 pm 

I just bought a bunch of JG stuff from him too. Today and last week. :)

He's got an eBay store. I don't remember seeing Tegel maps in there. But he probably doesn't list *everything* he has in his eBay store. Good luck!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:05 am 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:I just bought a bunch of JG stuff from him too. Today and last week. :)

He's got an eBay store. I don't remember seeing Tegel maps in there. But he probably doesn't list *everything* he has in his eBay store. Good luck!

well until you ask, you won't know will you :D

he's a great guy and i have dealt with him a lot and is one of the more helpful ppl around - comes totally recommended from me any day of the week!

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:03 am 

He is a nice guy, I've talked to him on the phone a few times.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 1:58 am 

I think we are the reason the prices have gone up.  People in this group and a very small circle outside of it are driving up the prices.  I suspect that Ebay is really not that big of a pond.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jul 25, 2005 2:07 am 

MShipley88 wrote:I think we are the reason the prices have gone up. People in this group and a very small circle outside of it are driving up the prices. I suspect that Ebay is really not that big of a pond.

well the amount of mint/SW items will diminish over time anyway, and so the cost of getting hold of one will eventually go up some anyway.

but there are certain items which will always go for a lot as there are not that many of them and less than that in excellent/mint. and of course if you want to collect it and not use it, you just have to have one in that condition dont you? :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext