Old '80s Judges Guild stuff?
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:46 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
bclarkie wrote:No trouble picking up these from me though :oops: :

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... RK:MEDW:IT

I was half-tempted by that one when it first appeared with another in a mixed lot a few weeks back.

Didn't get enough confidence-building feedback on the other items the seller had in that lot (and a couple of others), though.

Seems though it worked out OK in the end.

Would still like to know how "interesting" the 'zine is, if poss. ;)

I'll let you know when I get it David. Shame I didn't get the other one.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 6:54 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I'll let you know when I get it David. Shame I didn't get the other one.

thx :)

Looks like neither of us was lucky with the two early titles Frank had up for sale, though :(

(Pity; since I know Steve Marsh made refs. to the Quick Quincy Gazette in the docs I've got here).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:00 pm 

I think my Wild Hunt run is going up tomorrow. 7-65 or something. two of the 60's are gone, but that's a pretty solid run for a rare fanzine.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:06 pm 

harami2000 wrote:*ears prick up*

Someone else around here knows about the short, grey obnoxious one... ;)

( http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5169067043 is a good option, IMHO. Friendly seller, too).

The Aardvarkian world from the earlier issues made for a few excellent scenarios, here; most memorably one of the sponsored 24 hour efforts I used to run at university. Was very much fun!

(Beware of the annoyance factor of "people" with tall pointy hats, though...! 8) *chuckles*)

*yay*

[ Image ]

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll? ... 96842&rd=1

might be worth checking that out?

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:21 pm 

Ok. Further to my last disbelief on JG prices, I ask once again...

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... RK:MEWA:IT

WTF?  8O

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 4:46 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Ok. Further to my last disbelief on JG prices, I ask once again...

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewIte ... RK:MEWA:IT

WTF? 8O

holy cow!!! £56!!! fook man! i dunno what the hell is happening at the moment, cos there certainly is a sudden surge for all sorts of stuff atm!

never ceases to amaze me

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector
Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:09 pm 

Well, there are three higher-demand items in that lot (Tegel Manor, Dark Tower, & Inferno) but that's still quite a bit to pay for them in the state they are in.  Lots of modules tend to be going for a bit more than usual lately, especially when they combine some harder to get items.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:48 pm 

dbartman wrote:Well, there are three higher-demand items in that lot (Tegel Manor, Dark Tower, & Inferno) but that's still quite a bit to pay for them in the state they are in. Lots of modules tend to be going for a bit more than usual lately, especially when they combine some harder to get items.

And no maps for Tegel Manor there either.

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 5:51 pm 

Speaking og Tegel Manor maps. Does anyone know where I could pick up a set of originals? The set I have though in good shape are not as good as the module. Any insight, suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

Information Superhighway - A Rough Whimper of Insanity - Scott Hansen

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 10:42 am 

dbartman wrote:Well, there are three higher-demand items in that lot (Tegel Manor, Dark Tower, & Inferno) but that's still quite a bit to pay for them in the state they are in. Lots of modules tend to be going for a bit more than usual lately, especially when they combine some harder to get items.

The irony here being that I just started getting interested in collecting old JG stuff, and prices are going through the roof. *grump*

I did manage to win an auction for City State of the World Emperor yesterday, but it's an imcomplete set as far as I can tell. Missing the two campaign maps and the full color cover. Oh well. I'm more of a nostalgic collector than anything else anyway.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 11:05 am 

Marlith wrote:Speaking og Tegel Manor maps. Does anyone know where I could pick up a set of originals? The set I have though in good shape are not as good as the module. Any insight, suggestions or help will be greatly appreciated.

get in touch with "fencert" i think his ebay ID his. i have dealt with him lots and he will prb be able to help - hes a great guy. he will know who i am if you mention it.

i will be amazed if he hasn't got any!

hope that helps?

Alan

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 1:45 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:get in touch with "fencert" i think his ebay ID his. i have dealt with him lots and he will prb be able to help - hes a great guy. he will know who i am if you mention it.

*nod nods*. Is worth a try, certainly.

He's been selling off all sorts of early maps and other bits-and-pieces in addition to /very/ decent prices on the more common SW stuff. Stock has been diminishing in variety, I think, but am surprised he's got any left at all.

(And to those outwith the U.S., he had no trouble with M-Bags, either; hence his regular listing now advertising those up-front... well, mebbe not for a couple of maps, though!).

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:30 pm 

Thank you for the heads up on fencert. I sent him an email and hopefully he can help.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:36 pm 

I actually just bought a bunch of JG stuff from him yesterday, and he seems like a pretty good guy. I just noticed a map auction he just put up if it helps:

cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem& ... 9&rd=1

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 7:46 pm 

Saw that after I sent an email. Not the map I need but who knows. I remember years ago picking up a whole stack of CSWE city maps off Egor or some other vendor at a con thinking I know at some point i am going to need spares. Wish I had the foresight to look for Tegel Maps back then. I am sure they were alot more common 10 years ago.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 07, 2005 8:02 pm 

I just bought a bunch of JG stuff from him too. Today and last week. :)

He's got an eBay store. I don't remember seeing Tegel maps in there. But he probably doesn't list *everything* he has in his eBay store. Good luck!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 2:05 am 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:I just bought a bunch of JG stuff from him too. Today and last week. :)

He's got an eBay store. I don't remember seeing Tegel maps in there. But he probably doesn't list *everything* he has in his eBay store. Good luck!

well until you ask, you won't know will you :D

he's a great guy and i have dealt with him a lot and is one of the more helpful ppl around - comes totally recommended from me any day of the week!

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Mar 08, 2005 4:03 am 

He is a nice guy, I've talked to him on the phone a few times.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

PreviousNext