City of the Invincible Overlord, Color Map  Release
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 24, 2017 12:57 am 

Bat in the Attic Games and Judges Guild is pleased to announce the release of the City State of the Invincible Overlord, Color Map on Friday November 24th 2017.

City State of the Invincible Overlord, Color Map - Bat in the Attic Games | RPGNow.com

Bat in the Attic Games

RPGNow.com - Judges Guild - The Leading Source for Indie RPGs

In 1976, Bob Bledsaw and Bill Owens went into business as Judges Guild. Their initial offering was centered on a magnificent 22" by 34" map of the City State of Invincible Overlord. First appearing at Gen Con IX, it was sold literally out of the trunk of a car during the convention.

Now forty years later that map has been redrawn in full color. It preserves all the original detail while adding new ones like rocks, foot paths, trees, and shrubbery. This has been checked against the no-name city blueprint that was the first draft of the map. This helped to clarify details obscured by the offset printing process used in the 1970s.

This map is not a scanned image of the original but has been redrawn from scratch.

This product contains several versions of the map.

A vector based PDF with layers at 22" by 34"
A bitmap based PDF at 22" by 34"
A jpeg of the map with building labels and legends removed suitable for Virtual Tabletop software.
Instructions for using the VTT map with Roll20
A 17" by 14" map with the city arranged in its correct location on the original 5 mile hex map published on the back of the Wilderlands of High Fantasy.
A PDF with overlapping sections of the full map suitable for printing on letter size paper.
A PDF with a letter sized black and white only map suitable for taking notes on during a campaign.

This product is a authorized Judges Guild release for the Wilderlands of High Fantasy.

A coupon for a complimentary copy will be offered to all backers of the City State of the Invincible Overlord kickstarter. Please check the comment section of the Kickstarter for instructions.

Link to Kickstarter
Line icon

This product only contains color maps of the City State of the Invincible Overlord. The original guidebook and map can be purchased from Judges Guild on RPGNow/DriveThruRPG.

The original guidebook can be found on RPGNow/DriveThruRPG at

City State of the Invincible Overlord - Revised - Judges Guild | RPGNow.com

or

Guide to the City State (1976) - Judges Guild | RPGNow.com

Preview of the Map
https://drive.google.com/uc?export=down ... 1qYLMMOm0W

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 07, 2017 10:49 am 

I released a print option. If you bought the PDF looks in your email for a low cost discount code. The price for Print plus PDF is $10.
City State of the Invincible Overlord
City State of the Invincible Overlord, Color Map - Bat in the Attic Games | RPGNow.com

The package contains five maps.
Four full scale maps of the four quarters of the city. There is considerable overlap between the map.
One overall map of the city resized to fit 12" by 18".

I didn't do it sooner because I thought they were discontinuing the 18" by 12" poster option.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Dec 23, 2017 4:34 am 

Thank you for stepping up and making this available!

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jan 03, 2018 9:18 am 

stahlnee wrote in City of the Invincible Overlord, Color Map  Release:Thank you for stepping up and making this available!

Thanks and appreciate the compliment. I am glad to get it out there into people's hand and to be able to do something about the kickstarter situation. Even though it doesn't fix the issue with Robert III disappearing or what he owes.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:16 am 

This looks really great!  Dumb question: if I purchase the print option, that means I will actually receive the 4 sheets and poster already printed, or that I will have access to a digital copy that I can then print myself?  I am not up for printing myself and hope this means I can order the maps as physical copies and have them sent to me.  THanks!

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 10:00 am 

You will get 4 12x18 inch printed sheets. Rob also has some additional maps he plans to add soon.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 05, 2018 1:02 pm 

staro wrote in City of the Invincible Overlord, Color Map  Release:This looks really great!  Dumb question: if I purchase the print option, that means I will actually receive the 4 sheets and poster already printed, or that I will have access to a digital copy that I can then print myself?  I am not up for printing myself and hope this means I can order the maps as physical copies and have them sent to me.  THanks!

The print option means you get actual print copies. Five posters in all. Four that can be assembled into the full scale map and the fifth which is the map sized to fit the 12" by 18" paper size.

Make sure you select print + PDF as I don't charge extra for PDFs when you get print. That way you have the best of both worlds.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Mar 14, 2018 12:30 am 

These were available at our booth at GaryCon, and sold out quickly.  We plan to restock for NTX!

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/