Spell Casting & Witches Court Marshes
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Jan 18, 2016 4:16 pm 

In my copy of WCM, the authors provide spell lists (1st thru 9th level spells) for the Witch class. Page 23 describes symbols that appear on the lists as to pertinent sources (M= MAG; C=CLR, etc.)
In the spell descriptions themselves, the authors only cover witch spells.
So where are the descriptions for all these other class spells? MAG, CLR, DRD? While many have titles that ring familiar to TSR versions, I don't seem to have any JG product that describes all these other class spells.
Did JG ever produce a single source that provided their class equivalents to the TSR counterparts? A 'handbook' so to speak?

"Here's to swimmin with bowl-legged wimin"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 23, 2016 9:56 am 

Did JG ever produce a single source that provided their class equivalents to the TSR counterparts? A 'handbook' so to speak?

Not to my knowledge, and I possess every JG item except some very early journals.  WCM is a universal supplement, printed after JG had lost their license to produce AD&D items (iirc), thus the similarity between the MAG, CLR, and DRD spell names.  It was intended you would use the AD&D spell descriptions for these.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 26, 2016 3:03 pm 

That sounds right, Zar--

If one looks at the spell names in WCM, one finds they tend to rephrase the key words of those found in TSR products. i.e., WCM p.23 Stop Person (C) level two spell is its equivalent to the TSR "Hold Person" spell. The WCM level two Sphere of Permanent Light (M) is without doubt the TSR "Continual Light." And so on.

Thanks for responding. I was beginning to feel like I was being shunned.  :lol:

"Here's to swimmin with bowl-legged wimin"