Value of rare Judges Guild items (sealed Tac Cards, etc).
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 4 of 51, 2, 3, 4, 5
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6993
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 02, 2024
Location: UK

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 5:22 pm 
 

Deadlord36 wrote:Either I am dead tired, or I accidentally inhaled whatever Maxie smokes. I'm not following what you guys are talking about. What can I help with?


Hi Deadlord.

I have three copies of Tegel Manor, all small size 'first edition' as it were. However, the one that I know was issued as an installment with JG Journal has a distinctly red cover, and the other two have oronge covers. The origins of one of those orange covers I don't know, but the second I got today and it came in a shrinkwrapped set with a flysheet on the front.

So we are speculating that Tegel was printed with a red cover and issued as an installment, and later reprinted (still believed to be first print by the JG community at large) with an orange cover for general sale in shrinkwrap. A first and second printing of the first edition Tegel Manor?

What say you?

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5775
Joined: Jun 30, 2003
Last Visit: Feb 25, 2024
Location: Cow Hampshire, US

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:53 pm 
 

I think I have the JG installment with Tegel. I'll check mine.


If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 128
Joined: Nov 29, 2002
Last Visit: Feb 29, 2024
Location: Seattle, WA

Post Posted: Tue Feb 08, 2005 1:38 am 
 

I subscribed to JG for two years, starting with about issue 3.  As I mentioned before, the exact chronology is now a little hazy.  At least part of CSIO came as a bonus with the subscription.  I have a single page flyleaf that came with the monochrome lettered booklets and the maps.

My Tegel Manor, which was a subscritpion issue, is orange.

I also got a copy of City State of the World Emperor.  That came bundled with the Magic Realm.  My last subscription issue was also part 2 of the Magic Realm, so I ended up with two copies of that.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6993
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 02, 2024
Location: UK

Post Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 7:53 am 
 

For a brief time, Judges Guild published JG1500, a CD rom containing all the Players and Judges maops for the Wilderlands + Extras.

Has anyone ever seen one of these? Own one?

 WWW  


Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 5824
Joined: Nov 16, 2002
Last Visit: Mar 02, 2024
Location: Wichita, KS, USA

Post Posted: Fri Feb 11, 2005 9:19 pm 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:For a brief time, Judges Guild published JG1500, a CD rom containing all the Players and Judges maops for the Wilderlands + Extras.

Has anyone ever seen one of these? Own one?


I haven't, but I'd be surprised if Necromancer Games didn't reissue those maps in support of the d20 Wilderlands boxed set when it's finally out, especially if they were already scanned well....


Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

 WWW  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 7:41 am 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:I have three copies of Tegel Manor, all small size 'first edition' as it were. However, the one that I know was issued as an installment with JG Journal has a distinctly red cover, and the other two have oronge covers. The origins of one of those orange covers I don't know, but the second I got today and it came in a shrinkwrapped set with a flysheet on the front.

Was waiting to see whether you'd mention Burnie's copy, aside...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5168114059

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6993
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 02, 2024
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sat Feb 26, 2005 9:49 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:Was waiting to see whether you'd mention Burnie's copy, aside...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5168114059

I've sold my spare copies of Tegel now. I've kept the best of them for my collection and have a few Gamescience versions to put up on eBay later, but Burnie's looks in great condition for one that has been out of it's shrinkwrap. I've seen these go up to $80. Rest assured I won't be bidding on it.

I still want your CSIO though, David. :D


This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

 WWW  


Collector

Posts: 7
Joined: Jul 31, 2004
Last Visit: Oct 02, 2014

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:03 pm 
 

grodog wrote:
mbassoc2003 wrote:For a brief time, Judges Guild published JG1500, a CD rom containing all the Players and Judges maops for the Wilderlands + Extras.



Has anyone ever seen one of these? Own one?




I haven't, but I'd be surprised if Necromancer Games didn't reissue those maps in support of the d20 Wilderlands boxed set when it's finally out, especially if they were already scanned well....




As far as I know, this CD-rom was never published. It was planned to be published in 1999 (and announced in Pegasus and the JG web page), but I believe that they were never able to come up with a decent scan.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6993
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 02, 2024
Location: UK

Post Posted: Thu Mar 03, 2005 12:24 pm 
 

Hunk wrote:As far as I know, this CD-rom was never published. It was planned to be published in 1999 (and announced in Pegasus and the JG web page), but I believe that they were never able to come up with a decent scan.




That would be bourne out by the crap scans you can buy ESD. The downloads for $2 are great if you're buying Citadel of Fire or Tegel Manor, but the Wilderlands maps are completely illegible.



I would have thought they'd have used the original printing templates (no hexes) rather than trying to run a tan paper printed in brown ink through a scanner.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6993
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 02, 2024
Location: UK

Post Posted: Sat Apr 09, 2005 7:55 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:With regards the Tac Cards; aside from the amusing comments on those in the initial JG journal, they are listed as being "135 Dungeon Tac Cards" even on their very first stock list.
"140" is presumably an error on their behalf when guessing(?) the number of cards they were going to produce, which they didn't bother to correct. (Or did they, later, on any later state cover cards??).


How many tac cards are there meant to be in the Dungeon Tac Cards sets? Is there a difference between first and second print?


This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

 WWW  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Mon May 30, 2005 6:47 am 
 

[inserts a somewhat inelegant link to the "Judges Guild Questions" thread, for future ref.:
Judges Guild Questions ]

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 160
Joined: Dec 07, 2002
Last Visit: Feb 04, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:31 pm 
 

How much is Initial Guidelines Booklet 'I' (16 pages) - JG #3 worth?

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Oct 27, 2023
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 2:58 pm 
 

nn wrote:How much is Initial Guidelines Booklet 'I' (16 pages) - JG #3 worth?


not that much i wouldnt have thought...

i have a few and wasnt under the impression that they had much value..

Al


Are we nearly there yet?

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6993
Joined: Jan 03, 2005
Last Visit: Mar 02, 2024
Location: UK

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:40 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
nn wrote:How much is Initial Guidelines Booklet 'I' (16 pages) - JG #3 worth?


not that much i wouldnt have thought...

i have a few and wasnt under the impression that they had much value..

Al

Initial Guidelines booklet J is worth a fair bit more. It's the hard one to find.


This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

 WWW  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 3:55 pm 
 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:not that much i wouldnt have thought...

i have a few and wasnt under the impression that they had much value..

Al

Initial Guidelines booklet J is worth a fair bit more. It's the hard one to find.

I haven't yet got my head around why the apparent rarities are as the seem, or whether that does reflect actual rarity.

The example I gave before was "L" versus "M".
If anything, I've seen more Tegels than Modrons, but the former are vastly more expensive.
... Are the Tegels actually more common, or is it just more people are searching for and listing them because they pull in better $?
(Even comparing "red" Tegels with Modrons the numbers still favor the former, I think...).

=
(As to "I"; $4 EX/NM, "whilst stocks lasted"... ;))

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Oct 27, 2023
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 4:50 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:(As to "I"; $4 EX/NM, "whilst stocks lasted"... ;))


:D  :D


Are we nearly there yet?

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:13 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:
(As to "I"; $4 EX/NM, "whilst stocks lasted"... ;))


:D :D

Gone are the days of the "special offer" price, no?

harami2000 wrote:The example I gave before was "L" versus "M".
If anything, I've seen more Tegels than Modrons, but the former are vastly more expensive.

q.e.d.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 6962600579

(OK, even allowing for shrink, it is a later copy... ($77))

*waves*

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8241
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Oct 27, 2023
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Jun 01, 2005 6:17 pm 
 

heheh well i just had to get another copy of it....why have one when you can have two :) it seems a real nice copy too, so will go nice with my other one.

the other I booklets i have are being stored away for a rainy day....might need them sometime as mentioned the other day!

Al

*waves back frantically*


Are we nearly there yet?

  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 4 of 51, 2, 3, 4, 5