Value of rare Judges Guild items (sealed Tac Cards, etc).
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 8:59 am 

killjoy32 wrote:dya know what mate? you have toooooo much money :D

I wish!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:28 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:dya know what mate? you have toooooo much money :D

I wish!

talking of wishes...i didnt win the bloody lottery again :(

i keep on hoping so i can buy up the ebay d&d market :)

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 11:12 am 

Does anyone remember seeing these hex maps on eBay? Are they worth anything, or are they just dead stock from when JG went under? They are still sealed, but then there's a lot of sealed JG stuff on eBay. I just haven't seen these come up.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:24 pm 

I have the hex sheets. Yours is the 4th one I've seen. They are relatively rare.

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:30 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:I have the hex sheets. Yours is the 4th one I've seen. They are relatively rare.

The fourth this year? Last year?
I take it you have an extensive JG collection. I read an old post in the Distributed Cmputing Project in which you discussed an expansion/offshoot of Acaeum to cover JG products.
Do you know which 1977 printing of FFC is the first and which is the second? Would I be right in assuming the true first is the one without the price, making the 1977 with price the second, and the 1980 edition a third printing?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:43 pm 

I'm with Frank on that... low stock number and no indication of reprints.
Translating into $ is another matter, perhaps! :?

mbassoc2003 wrote:Does anyone remember seeing these hex maps on eBay?

Yes, I think so, but never used bothered bidding on hex sheets and things like that. Sorry, can't be more help.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:12 pm 

harami2000 wrote:I'm with Frank on that... low stock number and no indication of reprints.
Translating into $ is another matter, perhaps! :?

Okidoky. I guess these go into my collection then. These were a surprise in my Bunnies & Burrows job lot, along with Wyrm's Footnotes 2 and a bunch of other junk. There was also an 2nd print Eldritch Wizardry, never been read.

Apparently this woman's dad died. Old guy opened a shop in his retirement and played D&D. Ran it for the past 30 years near Clarkesville, TN. He got ill in '84 and they had to close the shop. It never got re-opened, and the family just sat on the real estate and figured the propery would be passed to grand kids.

So now the guy dies and they go in to clean out the store. The stock is long gone, but all the stuff I got in the job lot was sitting in the window display. I imagine it had been sitting there for the last 20 years just winding up collectors who could never find the store open. :D

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:25 pm 

The unpriced one would be the first print, I would think.
JG has always been my main focus. I am of course anal about having every printing.......

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:30 pm 

Deadlord36 wrote:The unpriced one would be the first print, I would think.
JG has always been my main focus. I am of course anal about having every printing.......

I shouldn't say anymore about the First I just got then...

I opened it. It was in it's shrink. It's the first one I've seen with no staple rust.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 1:48 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5952680732

*g*. Kick me for not recognising the WF #2 in plain sight.
So that's actually a permanent light-burn mark on the cover then; not a shadow??

mbassoc2003 wrote:...So now the guy dies and they go in to clean out the store. The stock is long gone, but all the stuff I got in the job lot was sitting in the window display. I imagine it had been sitting there for the last 20 years just winding up collectors who could never find the store open. :D

Strange tale indeed. Just a little bit H.G. Wells...
Did they check in the cellars to see whether there was any hidden cache behind false walls?

Thanks for sharing that lil' bit of history, Ian.

btw. You have a bit of nack for getting sellers to close auctions early. *g*.
Still ain't seen anyone here complaining about that...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:06 pm 

harami2000 wrote:*g*. Kick me for not recognising the WF #2 in plain sight.
So that's actually a permanent light-burn mark on the cover then; not a shadow??

Yep. There's light staining on about a dozen of the items. Including a small corner of Eldritch. All the JG stuff was safe though.
harami2000 wrote:Strange tale indeed. Just a little bit H.G. Wells...
Did they check in the cellars to see whether there was any hidden cache behind false walls?

I didn't. But I imagine Aaron over at Noble Knight Games would have looted that cellar years ago. :lol:
harami2000 wrote:btw. You have a bit of nack for getting sellers to close auctions early. *g*.
Still ain't seen anyone here complaining about that...

Its just as effective as 'would you consider putting a Buy It Now price on that Misses?'. :D
Is that what is commonly refered to as 'the usual question'?
Still I don't imagine many people would have shelled out $275 on that lot, even if they had recognised the WF2.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:15 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:*g*. Kick me for not recognising the WF #2 in plain sight.

Yep. There's light staining on about a dozen of the items. Including a small corner of Eldritch. All the JG stuff was safe though.

*blinks in disbelief at the thought of JG items being printed in quality light-safe ink*

(never thought to try that, myself!)

=

Don't think that'll be a loss overall, anyhow.
The City State of the World Emperor sold quite well, anyhow, IIRC.
And that B&B continues to defy my expectations on price!

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:23 pm 

The relative safety of the JG stuff was probably due to their location in the display. Maybe an darkness spell? I'm happy 'cos that's why I bought the lot. I knew about B&B but I was only certain that the JG stuff was first editions.

I still want the separate Installments you bought in November though. I want to see the original edition, not the Revised one. There was a first Tegel Manor in there too. It seems as though the initial Installment was printed with a red cover, and the general release was printed in an orange cover. That's just a curiosity.

So what will it take to part you from your CSIO?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 2:59 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:The relative safety of the JG stuff was probably due to their location in the display. Maybe an darkness spell?

*LOL*. Yeah, that kinda goes with JG territory, too.

mbassoc2003 wrote:I still want the separate Installments you bought in November though. I want to see the original edition, not the Revised one. There was a first Tegel Manor in there too. It seems as though the initial Installment was printed with a red cover, and the general release was printed in an orange cover. That's just a curiosity.

Some seem more red than others, phps?
JG27-Tegel Manor

mbassoc2003 wrote:So what will it take to part you from your CSIO?

Was that with or without "flysheet"?
I still don't know whether there was some other "flysheet" for anyone who bought the bundled set, rather than subscribed from the start.

JG #0;

Help... Frank; you got a spare 1st CSIO for Ian for $125 or thereabouts?

You did throw me, however, when you mentioned that you didn't really "want it", as such...

d.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:24 pm 

harami2000 wrote:Some seem more red than others, phps?
JG27-Tegel Manor

The copy I bought from Keith (November's Auction) is distinctly red, and from the separate auction of JG Journals and your Installment, I get the impression this one was the Installment from one of the JG Journals.

The copy I've just got came shrinkwrapped with a flysheet (which is really quite attractive IMO), but is essentially identical to the Installment. There are two differences that I have noticed. This one has an orange cover (both sides so not light bleached) and it comes with a character log sheet (also orange) thich was abscent from the first.

I'm not sure. You'd have to ask someone with a much bigger collection than mine.

Maybe Maximillion will chime in here too * looks about expectantly * Dangles big orange carrot.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 3:45 pm 

mbassoc2003 wrote:The copy I bought from Keith (November's Auction) is distinctly red, and from the separate auction of JG Journals and your Installment, I get the impression this one was the Installment from one of the JG Journals.

Yes; and that tallies with the dark red copy from that earlier U.S. auction, too... Both were installments bought original JG subscriptions. Both subscribers called Keith, too!

These could certainly be bought "after the fact", as separate items.
Never thought that they'd be separate printings, however.

The copy on the JG Codex link (above) is lighter too, is it not? *thinks*

mbassoc2003 wrote:The copy I've just got came shrinkwrapped with a flysheet (which is really quite attractive IMO), but is essentially identical to the Installment. There are two differences that I have noticed. This one has an orange cover (both sides so not light bleached) and it comes with a character log sheet (also orange) thich was abscent from the first.

I'm not sure. You'd have to ask someone with a much bigger collection than mine.

The name's Farris... Frank Farris... ^^

You got a low-res scan of those two items?
(Hence my reaction to your original mention of "flysheet").

Unfortunately, even if that did have the JG logo, this wouldn't help for dating purposes, since they started using it from that installment, per the previous note.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:55 pm 

Either I am dead tired, or I accidentally inhaled whatever Maxie smokes. I'm not following what you guys are talking about. What can I help with?
I don't have an extra CSIO 1st, sorry. If I run into one, I'd be glad to trade it.
I do have some of the installments, but i focus more on the actual modules. I'm not big into flyers, newsletters etc.

** Banned **

Post Posted: Mon Feb 07, 2005 4:57 pm 

Indica, deadlord36 want some?

PreviousNext