Tula City Information
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 02, 2015 12:34 pm 

I am thinking of having my group adventure here, so I would like to know what sources from the original judges guild material mentions Tula.  I am interested in articles in Judges Guild Journal, Pegasus, other city-state books, etc.  Any mention that can help me create the city for my players would be most helpful.  Though references in Necromancer Games material, and other outside sources are useful, I want to try and stay with the material that is original.  Thanks for your help!

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 11, 2015 4:57 pm 

To my knowledge JG never published anything regarding Tula, and I have a very complete JG collection.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed May 13, 2015 10:06 pm 

I do too.  And beyond brief mentions of it, I could not recall anything, and I cannot even recall what publications it was mentioned in.  Any idea if anything appeared outside the four core Wilderlands books?.  I wanted to gather all the original JG descriptions and try to flesh it out.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:38 am 

...and found it. It is in the Wilderlands of the Fantastic Reaches published in 1980.

Tula is located on the Silver Skein Islands map 17, hex 0832. It is  the very Southernmost western city located on this map... The Wilderlands campaign setting actually consisted of five published supplements that featured all eighteen maps from the original setting.

Bob told me that he was planning on making another set of campaign maps South of this city, and that the maps were going to be known as the Demon Lands. He said that the Wizards from Tula were the only thing that kept the Demon armies from the Southern lands from over running the Wilderlands.

Wargamer since 1972. RPG Gamer since 1977.

Tamerthya
An old-school RPG site with articles, resources, and after-action reports
https://tamerthya.blog/

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Oct 12, 2015 3:01 pm 

Interesting titbit there. Thanks for that.  :D

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 27, 2015 9:03 am 

Nice.  Thanks GameDaddy.