'Inferno: Journey through Malebolge' is now available !!
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 28, 2014 11:25 am 

‘Inferno: Journey through Malebolge'

Spellbook Games is pleased to announce the release of ‘Inferno: Journey through Malebolge,' the full and complete description of the ten Circles of Hell, presented in three Books.  Journey through Malebolge," translates the Hell of Dante's Inferno into gaming terms and completes and greatly expands upon the classic 1980 Judges Guild module, Inferno.  The landscape is varied and deadly, and the whole module makes for a challenging test of high-level Adventurers.  Information is provided about important denizens of each Circle, the sins and torments, weather, specific rules pertaining to the physical challenges faced by mortals in crossing each Circle, and random encounters.  In whole the module features more than 70 individual and unique encounter areas, five of the encounters being with Diabolic Earls.

Journey through Malebolge consists of three books, the first describing the entry into Hell through the Fifth Circle, the second describing central Hell (Sixth, Seventh, and Eighth Circles), and the third describing the Ninth Circle, Lucifer, and the escape from Hell.  An appendix provides descriptions and statistics for more than seventy-five of the denizens of Hell.  Some of the important locations in Book One include the Gates of Hell, Noble Castle, the River Archeron, Minos' Palace, the Garden of Succubi, Cerberus' barn, the swamp Styx, the Walls of Dis, and the City of Burning Tombs; important denizens include Valara, Diabolic Earl Charon (Boatman of Archeron, Diabolic Earl Minos (Judge of the Dammed), Cerberus, Diabolic Earl Plutus, and Phelgyas (Boatman of the Styx).  The important locations in Book Two include the River of Blood, Chiron's Hall, Wood of Suicides, the Harpodrome, the Oasis of Ezrabah, the Hidden Stairs, Geryon's Treasure Cave, and the Alchemist's Keep; important denizens include Chiron Lord of the Centaurs of Hell, the Grand Matriarch of the Harpies of Hell, Kemmelnesses, the Diabolic Earl Geryon, and Nimrod of the Nephilim.  Book Three describes the innermost part of Hell, the frozen Cocytus, and the path of escape back to the Material Plane, including the Sanctum Luciforus, and the immense Lucifer the Great, the Golden Door leading to the Material Plane, and the Silver Door leading to Purgatorio.  A brief description is given of both Purgatorio and Paradisio.

‘Inferno: Journey though Malebolge' shares common campaign background material with Spellbook Games' ‘Gazetteers of Hell,' and describes the same geography at a larger scale.  Additional background material about the conditions in Hell is found in Spellbook Game's Gehenna Primer and Codicil of Maladies.  Information about the Devils and other unique monsters appearing in Journey through Malebolge can be found in Spellbook Games' ‘Inferno: Bestiary.'  Information of the unique enchanted items in Hell is found in ‘Inferno: Treasury.'

Journey through Malebolge is written for the Spellbook Games RPG rule set, ‘Portal to Adventure,' but is usable essentially ‘as is' with Advanced Dungeons and Dragons or any similar rule set with very little adaptation. A Games Master using Dungeons and Dragons versions 3.x, 4, or 5, or any similar rules, will require additional preparations.

350 pages with appendix, in 3 books.  Now available from DriveThruRPG.com in PDF format and as print-on-demand.  The PDF's can be purchased individually, and a PDF bundle of the module is also available.  The print-on-demand books must by ordered individually.  A bundle of all of the Spellbook Game's Hell-related PDF's is also available.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 29, 2014 10:09 pm 

Cool! How does one order the print on demand version of the books? All I find are the pdf versions.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 30, 2014 10:38 pm 

I'm still having trouble with getting the covers right.  It will be a few more days still.  Please keep checking back.

Geoff    :twisted:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 2:41 pm 

The last go-round on covers was another bust.  I'm working on new ones today and submitting them.  It won't be until Wednesday or Thursday until I know if they work.

Geoff   :twisted:  :twisted:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 11, 2014 7:56 pm 

Thank you for the update. Looking forward to getting a hard copy set and then having you sign them at NTRPG Con next June.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Oct 12, 2014 2:52 pm 

I definitely plan on running an Inferno adventure on the con Saturday, and plan on being there on Sunday.  There is a business meeting either the week of the con or the week after, and I haven't confirmed the dates.  I may miss Thursday-Friday of the con if I have to be in Colorado instead of Texas, maybe going straight to the Con on Friday night (late).  If the meeting is the week following, then no problem.

Geoff   :evil:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 18, 2014 11:04 am 

I just received word that DriveThruRPG's printer has accepted the cover files for the Inferno books and for Treasury.  I should be able to make the print versions live later today or tomorrow at the latest.

Geoff   :twisted:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 29, 2014 10:58 am 

I finally fixed all of the cover issues and my proof copies of Inferno and Treasury look great.  I have turned on the print-on-demand versions on DriveThruRPG, so rush over there and order your books.

Thanks,
Geoff   :evil: