Goodman Games reprinting Judges  Guild
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 24, 2014 1:28 am 

Haven't seen anything on here about this yet...saw a few posts on Facebook and Bob III commented on one of them --> Goodman Games • View topic - Judges Guild reprints

Seems like they are reprinting some of their early material in an oversized format similar to the Metamorphis Alpha oversized book. Slightly more information at the link above, but we'll probably hear more in the coming months

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Aug 27, 2014 3:21 pm 

Looks like they're using the original 1978 cover for Citadel of Fire. However the crucial portion of this work is the back cover of the 1980 edition. Contrary to popular belief, the model for this illustration was in fact Cheryl Tiegs rather than Cheryl Ladd. The figure in the chair is obviously Bob Newhart.

Prolific Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 29, 2014 3:51 pm 

As a JG completist collector I am troubled by this product.  I have largely ignored the various PDF retreads that have been released.  These new products are supposed to include all edition/printings including various cover art, new introductions, and various product listings.  They will be scans of the original text.  No editing or updating.  I suppose for those who never had a chance to get the original material or find secondary market prices/conditions unapealing, this can be useful.  Oversize is not enough of a distinction to attract me.  Prior to the Kickstarter for the new campaign maps and update CSIO, there have been only two new products since Necromancer Games and the passing of Bob Sr.  I'm looking for new or revised material not over size retreads.  I am huge JG fan, so this is not a mean spirited criticism.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Sep 03, 2014 9:47 am 

Much of what been going on with Judges Guild publishing since Necromancer Games has been driven by what various companies and freelance individuals, like myself,  want to do. Naturally Robert Bledsaw Jr has to give permission but most of these projects are not part of the "official" line of Judges Guild products. That is until the CSIO/Wilderlands Kickstarter. Now the Bledsaw family is relaunching a range of official Judges Guild products.

My impression is that the Goodman Games reprint project is a result of the past cooperation between the Bledsaws and Goodman Games along with the personal interest of Joseph Goodman in all things Judges Guild. If it is a success then likely the result will be the digital preservation of the original line of Judges Guild products that will coexist alongside the newer products released by Judges Guild. Similar to the recent Wizards reprint and the pdfs appearing on DnDClassics.com.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Oct 25, 2017 10:42 pm 

Looks like we should add Goodman JG titles to the JG Other Companies section, eventually:  Judges Guild Products by Other Companies

GG page for JG books:  Goodman Games | Judges Guild|Your Source for Adventures

Allan.

Allan Grohe ([email protected])
Greyhawk, grodog Style

Editor and Project Manager, Black Blade Publishing
https://www.facebook.com/BlackBladePublishing/

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 14, 2017 10:33 am 

sauromatian wrote in Goodman Games reprinting Judges  Guild:Looks like they're using the original 1978 cover for Citadel of Fire. However the crucial portion of this work is the back cover of the 1980 edition. Contrary to popular belief, the model for this illustration was in fact Cheryl Tiegs rather than Cheryl Ladd. The figure in the chair is obviously Bob Newhart.

CoF '81 Edition 4th Print, and not meaning to be argumentative - I think she looks more like Ladd than Tiegs .

Either way, both are beautiful women of my pre-teen years.

You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.