Standby for Gazetteer of Hell
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 17, 2013 1:56 pm 

I do have a no-background version of the file. If you want a copy, (1) email us at [email protected], (2) tell us you want the no-background version of the Fire and Ice, and (3) include the name-location of the Tenth item on the Ninth Circle of Hell (so we know you bought the background version).  I will send out the no-background version ASAP.

Geoff    :twisted:

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Nov 18, 2013 5:52 pm 

stratochamp wrote in Standby for Gazetteer of Hell:i have no interest in a pdf. but for the long-awaited full version of Inferno, sure i'd be happy to payup for a nice hardcopy. all the more so it was a limited edition. get a kickstarter started!

Let's "kickstart" a Kickstarter ...  :D  Seriously, Geoff you should look into a solution like Lulu or similar. I know some designers that would love to provide some artwork for free or at least free copies of the material. I would strongly suggest breaking out each level of "H E double hockey sticks" into a separate tome. Put the nine up on a "print on demand" either Drive-Thru or Lulu or both and then people can acquire them as they have the means. You don't have to fulfill or spend the money to create an inventory. It's a very "elegant" solution IMHO  8)

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Nov 19, 2013 11:29 am 

Knight:  If you know artists who would like to contribute to Inferno, I could really use them.  We need maybe 30-35 pictures to finish off Treasury.  At least 100 more for the module.  Please ask them to contact us ASAP by email ([email protected]); I'm looking for a realistic style versus caricature or anime style.  Free copies of the finished book(s) isn't an issue.

DriveThru has a print-on-demand feature.  I need to spend to the time to better understand how to set up the files. I might be able to have Art Devil retro fit the no-background Gazetteer file for that.

Geoff

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Nov 27, 2013 10:24 pm 

Hi Geoff, I will PM you this as well, but I talked to a few artists I know and the project is bigger than they could really help with. My friend Tony (td) suggested that you hit up some of the art schools in your area. The best bet would be to speak with the department head or post on the campus you're looking for artists. You would be get access to lots of artists, who would be willing to work for a credit and a Starbucks gift card, which would give you the opportunity to find some good ones that you could pay or refer to other companies that could use their talents.

Here are some schools in your area:
http://www.artinstitutes.edu/fort-worth/

Fort Worth Academy of Fine Arts :: Visual Arts

http://www.remingtoncollege.edu/Program ... rth-texas/ - might find some "paper" artists as well

TCU Graphic Design

Hope that helps - Paul

"Okay, we turn the corner and see a Purple 'WHAT' !?!" . . (the DM rolls a 20 or so he says) . . It all went black right after that.

[email protected]

Active Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 24, 2014 11:39 pm 

I expect Gazetteer 2 to go to layout about the end of next week and be on sale mid-February.

#3 should be out around July 1, and the series finishes up with #4, Realms of Darkness, around December 1.

Geoff

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:29 pm 

I just sent the finished text and maps to Art Devil to start layout.  It should be done in 10 days or so.

Geoff

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Feb 04, 2014 10:59 pm 

good to hear:)

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Apr 29, 2014 11:11 pm 

Spellbook Games releases ‘Gazetteer of Hell: Blood and Mire'

Spellbook Games is pleased to announce the release of ‘Gazetteer of Hell: Blood and Mire,' the second in the Gazetteer of Hell series. The Gazetteers detail the geography of Hell at a fine scale. Blood and Mire provides maps and descriptions for the middle part of the Nine Circles of Hell, Circles Five and Six. The maps are at a scale of 1 mile per hex, including the swamp Styx; Dis, the City of Burning Tombs, the River of Blood, and the Wood of Suicides. The inner border of the Blood and Mire matches the outer border of the regions of Hell described in Spellbook Games' Gazetteer of Hell: Fire and Ice. Together, Blood and Mire and Fire and Ice completely map and describe the inner regions of Hell, from the Fifth Circle to the Ninth Circle, to the escape from Hell. The outer border of Blood and Mire matches the inner border of the upcoming Gazetteer.

Information is provided about important denizens of each Circle, the sins and torments, weather, and specific rules pertaining to the physical challenges faced by mortals in crossing each Circle.  Each map is numbered with interesting locations, such as camps of the Infernal Legions, monuments, Libraries, mines, etc. Each of the more than 500 locations is only briefly described, but can be developed by a Games Master into a more extensive adventuring area.

Circle Five consists of six maps, Circle Six has four maps. Blood and Mire also provides information about the spells and prayers known by the Wizards, Shaman, and Priests/Crusaders encountered in Hell, provides random encounter tables for each Circle, and gives complete statistics and descriptions for 5 adventurers suitable for adventuring in Hell.

The Gazetteer shares common campaign background material with the forthcoming Inferno: Journey though Malebolge, and describes the same geography, at a finer scale.  Additional background material that describes the conditions in Hell is found in Spellbook Game's Gehenna Primer and Codicil of Maladies. Information about the Devils and other unique monsters appearing in the Gazetteer can be found in Spellbook Games' Inferno: Bestiary. Gehenna Primer is available as a FREE download from the Spellbook Game's website, www.spellbookgames.com; Codicil and Bestiary can be purchased as PDF files from DriveThruRPG.com.

The Gazetteers of Hell are written for the Spellbook Games RPG rule set, Portal to Adventure, but is usable essentially as is with Advanced Dungeons and Dragons or similar rules. A Games Master using Dungeons and Dragons versions 3.x or 4, or similar rules, will require additional preparations. The next installment of the Gazetteer series describes the Third and Fourth Circles of Hell, including the lair of Cerberus, the treasure caves of Plutus, and the Fourth Circle Pit.

Blood and Mire is available in both graphic background and non-background versions.

102 total pages. $7.25. Now available as a PDF file from DriveThruRPG.com.

Geoff   :evil:

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 15, 2014 8:38 pm 

I just submitted the print-on-demand files for FIRE AND ICE and BLOOD AND MIRE to DriveThru.  We will see in a couple of days whether I got the cover format right.  After I confirm the books meet printing standards they will go live; the printing charge is around $4.50 for soft-cover black and white.

Geoff   :twisted:

Previous