Used Bookstore Finds ...
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Feb 02, 2013 11:42 pm 

Well ... I hit my local Half Price Books earlier this evening and much to my surprise I found a small trove of 30+ Judges Guild items in the RPG section for $5.99 each.  Items from Judges Guild Journal and Pegasus Issues to Traveller, Runequest, DragonQuest to a few Universal Format Items.  I will have to sort the items in the morning and can post a list of it would help skew the valuations section.

Steve

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:45 am 

WereSteve wrote:Well ... I hit my local Half Price Books earlier this evening and much to my surprise I found a small trove of 30+ Judges Guild items in the RPG section for $5.99 each.  Items from Judges Guild Journal and Pegasus Issues to Traveller, Runequest, DragonQuest to a few Universal Format Items.  I will have to sort the items in the morning and can post a list of it would help skew the valuations section.

Steve

Where was the HPB?  It might have been one of my bi-annual JG dumps of stuff I have dozens of copies of...I have a list of the HPB I have hit in the last few months here so I can tell you if it was me or not.

I can give you a list of items I have scores of copies....while old and interesting, in most cases except for the first few issues, there is nothing in the Dungeoneer/Judges Guild Journal/Pegasus line that should be valued at over $5 each. Likewise the Traveller section.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Feb 03, 2013 10:02 pm 

Kansas City, MO area ... Westport store to be precise.

I will probably use what I picked up to make sure I have at least two and in some cases three copies of certain items and sell off the rest.  Not exactly planning on getting into the half a dozen copies of each item.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Feb 04, 2013 11:08 pm 

WereSteve wrote:Kansas City, MO area ... Westport store to be precise.

I will probably use what I picked up to make sure I have at least two and in some cases three copies of certain items and sell off the rest.  Not exactly planning on getting into the half a dozen copies of each item.

Yep, I dumped a load of JG there when I was in KC at the beginning of the year!!!  :D   Also hit one other of the KC area stores while in town....

If you are looking for other common JG items check out my ad in the Classifieds here......

Mike B.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Wed Feb 06, 2013 9:35 pm 

I already have all the common Judges Guild items as far as I am aware ... at least one copy of each and was looking to add in seconds where I might be missing one.  I was just hoping that I had run across something other than another forum member dumping part of a massive collection.  Oh well ... so much for the excitement factor.

I suppose the other Half Price Books hit was the one on Metcalf in Overland Park.

YIM  

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Feb 07, 2013 10:59 am 

PDT_Armataz_01_04
WereSteve wrote:I already have all the common Judges Guild items as far as I am aware ... at least one copy of each and was looking to add in seconds where I might be missing one.  I was just hoping that I had run across something other than another forum member dumping part of a massive collection.  Oh well ... so much for the excitement factor.

I suppose the other Half Price Books hit was the one on Metcalf in Overland Park.

Yep  :wink:

My wife and I had to visit her parents this January, unfortunately her mother passed away while we were there.  Before we left to drive up there I tossed a couple of boxes of the more common JG stuff in the car to sell when I visited the HPB in the area.  So no massive collection dump, just an opportune pruning for me, sorry.

Mike B.