Mark Harmon, author of Zientek, has passed away
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:21 pm 

Mark Harmon, author of Zientek and the collectible card game RPG Dragon Storm, passed away on Friday. Here is his obituary:

http://obits.mlive.com/obituaries/flint ... bLoggedOut

Here is the link to the Zientek listing on the Acaeum subweb:

http://www.acaeum.com/jg/Item0660.html

Mark was at PentaCon with his wife and design partner, Susan Van Camp, the year Bob Bledsaw Sr. and I had a booth there to sell the new Player's Guide to the Wilderlands from Necromancer Games. He came by the booth, looked through the boxes of old JG product I had for sale, and pulled out a copy of Zientek. Though I had known him from previous years at PentaCon, I did not know that he was the Mark Harmon who had written Zientek. He wanted to buy a copy for himself, as he'd lost his own copy many years before. It took some convincing on my part to get him to take the copy for free.

He was a nice guy, and very passionate about games. Though I had not seen him in years, he will be missed.

James

James Mishler
James Mishler Games

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Dec 09, 2012 8:31 pm 

My condolences. I loved the old Judges Guild adventures. I will be taking out my copy of Zientek and run it again.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Dec 10, 2012 1:05 pm 

He will be missed.
The small quote I got from talking with him was from Ebay when he was selling: The Complete Drawings of Hieronymus Bosch.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own