Scourge of the Demon Wolf Preview
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Oct 12, 2012 10:41 pm 

Both the Lulu proof copy and the RPGNow proof copy are on their way. If everything goes well Scourge of the Demon Wolf should be out in two weeks. The product is both an adventure and a supplement. The first half is a 32 page adventure and the second half a 40 page supplement for the Majestic Wilderlands. For the supplement portion I took some of the locale that I lightly describe in the adventure and flesh them out in more detail. They work together similarly to how the rules and campaign guide does in  the Majestic Wilderlands Supplement. Either one can stand alone but I think it makes for a better product to have them both together. The adventure has immediate use, and the supplement give value to the book after the adventure is completed.

To get a taste of what you are going to be able to get in two weeks here is a 18 page preview.

http://batintheattic.com/downloads/Scourge_Preview.pdf

It has the first 9 pages so you can get a sense of what the adventure is about. It has one of adventure's encounters, a Bandit cave. And from supplement half, the crossroads hamlet of Denison's Crossing. It also showcases the excellent art of Jason Sholtis and John Larrey. And has a map of the Golden House.

For those of you that were disappointed that I didn't include one of my signature hexcrawls in the Majestic Wilderlands, I fixed that with Scourge. It is only a small Barony but should give you a taste of what my setting looks like on a local level.

This book represents the most common type of adventure I run in my Majestic Wilderlands. There is a dangerous situation, a bunch of people with conflicts and the player characters are right in the middle of it all. I am a little nervous about the presentation as the I have to pick some order to present the various possible encounters the character can run into on the adventure.

Every time I ran this, stuff occurred in different ways at different times. I tried not to leave the impression that the order in which I present the encounters is the way the adventure has to be run.

The book will be $15 and the PDF $10.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:55 pm 

Does this product use anything of Judges Guild's Wilderlands? Also if you can get me a cover image of this that I can re-size and other information for my site I'd appreciate it.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Oct 13, 2012 8:36 pm 

Plaag wrote:Does this product use anything of Judges Guild's Wilderlands? Also if you can get me a cover image of this that I can re-size and other information for my site I'd appreciate it.

Sure here is a link
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-fhEplQml2mo/U ... rpgnow.jpg

You are going to have to make a judgment call to count my Majestic Wilderlands products as Judges Guild Wilderlands. My feeling won't be hurt if you don't decide to include it.  Imagine somebody running the Spinward Marches for 30 years without using any other of the Third Imperium products. Yeah you would have a Regina, Swords Worlds, Zhodani, etc but they would be very much their own thing.

Send me a PM and I will set you up with a PDF if you feel that would help you decide.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Oct 14, 2012 10:31 am 

Skimmed this, found the region you'd plug this into on Campaign Map One so this does fit nicely.  Also like the layout for this a lot and of course the maps.  Now to await a nice lulu coupon to buy a physical copy.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own