Looking for Judges Guild Magazines
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:55 am 

I also posted this in the classifieds, but since some JG Fans may not look there I am also posting this here.

Although I do need some of those as well; The Digest format (early Dungeoneers) the Newspaper type Journals, the single page legal sized Journals and the few Journal issues that are in booklet form are a different matter in regards to this post.

For this thread I am asking about the Magazine format Judges Guild magazines only:

Dungeoneer Magazines:
Issues 20, 21 and 22

As Mike said below, these never existed... :roll:

Journal Magazines:
Issue 17

I have at least one extra copy of the following that could be sold or used for trades.
Dungeoneer Magazines: 9-12, 15-19, 23
Journal Magazines: Every issue except 17

Please PM me if you can help fill in these holes for Judges Guild Magazines.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Mon Apr 02, 2012 6:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:09 pm 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:I also posted this in the classifieds, but since some JG Fans may not look there I am also posting this here.

Although I do need some of those as well; The Digest format (early Dungeoneers) the Newspaper type Journals, the single page legal sized Journals and the few Journal issues that are in booklet form are a different matter in regards to this post.

For this thread I am asking about the Magazine format Judges Guild magazines only:

Dungeoneer Magazines:
Issues 20, 21 and 22

Journal Magazines:
Issue 17

I have at least one extra copy of the following that could be sold or used for trades.
Dungeoneer Magazines: 9-12, 15-19, 23
Journal Magazines: Every issue except 17

Please PM me if you can help fill in these holes for Judges Guild Magazines.

I've already PM'd Gnat that Dungeoneer stopped at 19 and merged with JGJ.

Is there any thought to raising the rarity of the JGJ 17?  They are the hardest magazine-style issue of the series to find.  Noble Knight hasn't had one in stock for 7 years. Troll and Toad has never had one (since they don't have a scan of one in their store, I'm assuming they've never had one to scan.  How often do they pop up on Ebay?  I'm thinking in regard to other issues of the JGJ this should be at least a 2 or maybe a 3.

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 7:16 am 

Badmike wrote:Is there any thought to raising the rarity of the JGJ 17?  They are the hardest magazine-style issue of the series to find.  Noble Knight hasn't had one in stock for 7 years. Troll and Toad has never had one (since they don't have a scan of one in their store, I'm assuming they've never had one to scan.  How often do they pop up on Ebay?  I'm thinking in regard to other issues of the JGJ this should be at least a 2 or maybe a 3.

My copy says "no 110" on the cover, its stock number, rather than "17." I guess people have been overlooking it all these years because of the misleading info, & maybe a search for JGJ 110 would help you find a copy.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Apr 06, 2012 2:11 pm 

Badmike wrote:
Is there any thought to raising the rarity of the JGJ 17?  They are the hardest magazine-style issue of the series to find.  Noble Knight hasn't had one in stock for 7 years. Troll and Toad has never had one (since they don't have a scan of one in their store, I'm assuming they've never had one to scan.  How often do they pop up on Ebay?  I'm thinking in regard to other issues of the JGJ this should be at least a 2 or maybe a 3.

Mike B.

Done.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 7:31 pm 

I guess the next question would be, why is JGJ #17 harder to find than any of the other non-newspaper style JGJs? Not to mention, the ones before and after (#16 and #18) are pretty common. Theories?

Mike B.

"THE MORE YOU THINK ABOUT WHY i DONE WHAT i DONE THE MORE i LAUGH" Cougar
"The Acaeum hates fun" Sir Allen
"I had a collecting emergency" Nogrod
Co-founder of the North Texas RPG Con
http://www.ntrpgcon.com

Long-Winded Collector
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Apr 07, 2012 8:38 pm 

Badmike wrote:I guess the next question would be, why is JGJ #17 harder to find than any of the other non-newspaper style JGJs? Not to mention, the ones before and after (#16 and #18) are pretty common. Theories?

Mike B.

The most obvious would be low production. My second guess would be that back issues of issue #17 were destroyed for some reason.

"You get more with a kind word and an excruciator than with just a kind word."

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 12:41 am 

Perhaps the warehouse filled with the other JG stuff was sold off, but one corner was missed...
The one where those cases were stacked...

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Apr 08, 2012 7:07 pm 

Good ol' saved files help :)
Wayback machine search I did back in the day and saved from the old site shows that Journal 17 was not available for sale Jan 2001, Apr 2001 or Aug 2002 yet others were.
The only sale data I have is from one auction in 2009.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own