Found it! - CSIO
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 12:39 am 

So, I'm digging around trying to find all my 2nd ed MERP stuff to help with scans for the wiki, when I open a box I haven't looked through in years since it had a bunch of munged up Dragon's and Dungeons from a friend and what do my wondering eyes behold?!?

My original CSIO from when I was a boy. Holy Moly! I've been looking for this thing for 3-5 years, and I've been actively trying to get a reasonable copy on Ebay for the last 9 months or so. No maps to be found, of course, but those are more easily replaced.

It's a 7th print, not 5th/6th as I thought, but it's still in great condition, actually. Some mild corner bumping, but other wise good spine, white pages, great condition.

A note about the 7th edition, which can be added to the description if someone chooses, at least on my copy, on the first paragraph on the copyright page, the "officially approved for use with Dungeons & Dragons tm by Tactical Studies Rules, Inc., Lake Geneva, Wisconsin." has been scratched out in blue ink. I assume to go along with the removal of Dungeons & Dragons from the cover.

Chris

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Mar 22, 2012 10:52 am 

Just looked at my 7th Print.
At top of page 4 (copyright paragraph) that wording is marked through with ink in this book as well.
Nice find and Nice catch.

As for the maps, if you have complete copies of the 5th through 8th print Revised CSIO books, then the only outside Maps needed to complete that set are the two Campaign Map One (Judges/Player's) maps.
The Sunstone Caverns/Thunderhold Juges map is the centerfold of the book (both sides) and the color Player's Map of Thunderhold is the rear cover.
All of the dungeon maps are also inside the book (J 1-4 pages 69-72; I 1-5 pages 88-92).

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM