Cool Judges Guild aquisition
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 5 of 1012, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8910
Author


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:18 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:Not sure..I'd suspect SWed with this cover sheet Toymom.com - Page Not Found


*hits head off wall a few times* (That's what I get for multi-tasking and not stopping to think).

Yeah, I tend to forget that new-fangled-look JG stuff! :twisted:



OK. Could just as easily have counted a change to "I", "J" or the Guidebook; as opposed another #62; or having included the white "I" in the "printings".





(aside: Ten dungeon levels?).

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4506
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Dec 08, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:21 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
Plaag wrote:Not sure..I'd suspect SWed with this cover sheet Toymom.com - Page Not Found


*hits head off wall a few times* (That's what I get for multi-tasking and not stopping to think).

Yeah, I tend to forget that new-fangled-look JG stuff! :twisted:



OK. Could just as easily have counted a change to "I", "J" or the Guidebook; as opposed another #62; or having included the white "I" in the "printings".




Aye..dug out my Guide to the city state and the list goes to 17 and (c) 1976.



harami2000 wrote:(aside: Ten dungeon levels?).




Yep..I1-5, J1-4 and sunstone caverns.



ShaneG.

 WWW  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:33 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:
harami2000 wrote:(aside: Ten dungeon levels?).


Yep..I1-5, J1-4 and sunstone caverns.


*rechecks*. Nine plus one. Yeah.... :roll:



*gives up for the night*

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 482
Joined: May 12, 2005
Last Visit: Jul 22, 2021

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:11 am 
 

MShipley88 wrote:A nice piece of history there. Wish I were going to GenCon. Was your picture taken at GenCon UK?


I'm quite certain that picture was taken in the lobby of the Hyatt in Milwaukee, probably at the last Gen Con held there... I had lunch with Bob and Chris Bernhardt and his wife at the restaurant back and to the left. Hell, this might have been taken just before or after... They had the best breakfast buffet... The Hilton's was good, too, but their bacon was invariably soggy or burnt (even beyond flavorfully burnt).

Food aside, hopefully Bob will be at the show this year. He's supposed to be hanging out at the Gamescience booth. We'll see...


James

*************
James Mishler
James Mishler Games

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:20 am 
 

I wish I was going to see Bob at GenCon.   :cry:


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:20 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:
harami2000 wrote:
*hits head off wall a few times* (That's what I get for multi-tasking and not stopping to think).

Yeah, I tend to forget that new-fangled-look JG stuff! :twisted:



OK. Could just as easily have counted a change to "I", "J" or the Guidebook; as opposed another #62; or having included the white "I" in the "printings".




Aye..dug out my Guide to the city state and the list goes to 17 and (c) 1976.




...

Booty list in 2nd(?) print (highest item (not number) in Booty List = 48/49) of "Thieves of Fortress Badabaskor" (#52)

City State of Invincible Overlord Fantasy Game Aid, now in revised 2nd edition, with new dungeon descriptions in reorganised Guide to the City State plus maps of City State for Judges and Players (22x28" each) plus maps of Thunderhold and Sunstone Caverns. Now with new lower price of $8.00


2nd edition of CSIO marked at this point, not before...

Make of that what you will. :)

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4506
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Dec 08, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:37 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
Plaag wrote:


Aye..dug out my Guide to the city state and the list goes to 17 and (c) 1976.




...

Booty list in 2nd(?) print (highest item (not number) in Booty List = 48/49) of "Thieves of Fortress Badabaskor" (#52)




That booty list from your #10 Guide to the City State?



harami2000 wrote:
City State of Invincible Overlord Fantasy Game Aid, now in revised 2nd edition, with new dungeon descriptions in reorganised Guide to the City State plus maps of City State for Judges and Players (22x28" each) plus maps of Thunderhold and Sunstone Caverns. Now with new lower price of $8.00


2nd edition of CSIO marked at this point, not before...

Make of that what you will. :)




Yeah..not sure if it means 2nd edition or 2nd printing in the CSIO sequence for that  :) I'd say 2nd ed. (just like as AD&D 2nd Ed.)



ShaneG.

 WWW  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:00 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:
harami2000 wrote:Booty list in 2nd(?) print (highest item (not number) in Booty List = 48/49) of "Thieves of Fortress Badabaskor" (#52)


That booty list from your #10 Guide to the City State?


No, "Thieves of Fortress Badabaskor" as noted. ;)

Am guessing 2nd print...



Plaag wrote:Yeah..not sure if it means 2nd edition or 2nd printing in the CSIO sequence for that :) I'd say 2nd ed. (just like as AD&D 2nd Ed.)


*lol* @ 2e JG. :lol: :roll:



Could be read either way... is strange that appears(??) to be somewhat before the release of #62, though.



Maybe you are needing another printing of #62. Still unsure.

Not something I'm at all familiar with, as you might have noticed yesterday.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:12 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
Maybe you are needing another printing of #62. Still unsure.

Not something I'm at all familiar with, as you might have noticed yesterday.




booklet booklet booklet :D



Al



  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:17 pm 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
harami2000 wrote:
Maybe you are needing another printing of #62. Still unsure.

Not something I'm at all familiar with, as you might have noticed yesterday.


booklet booklet booklet :D



Al


Image



*wanders off to find packing material*





(that was x4, not x3, btw; as promised)

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:20 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:


(that was x4, not x3, btw; as promised)




LOL  :D  :D  :D  :D



hey dave what you want in return chummer.



gimme some ideas and i will see what i can dredge up for you.



Al



  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:29 pm 
 

*is not here* *is not here*



oh, I didn't actually want anything in return, but you'd offered freebies of those early charts (#5-7) before.





Dun think I've got any other JG dups you might like/need, besides.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 5:32 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:*is not here* *is not here*



oh, I didn't actually want anything in return, but you'd offered freebies of those early charts (#5-7) before.





Dun think I've got any other JG dups you might like/need, besides.




*goes off to look for some dupe charts*



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 12:36 am 
 

Just last night I emailed Fencert about putting together a lot item of the maps in his posession.  



    You guys have packs of maps about?





8)


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 2:16 am 
 

MShipley88 wrote:Just last night I emailed Fencert about putting together a lot item of the maps in his posession.



  You guys have packs of maps about?





8)




yeah terry is working on that - been chatting to him for ages about it. you should see some "map packs" before long i would imagine - gonna grab some off him myself, so that i can complete a load of items i have here.



Al



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:08 pm 
 

I keep thinking of bidding on one of Terry's maps, but I always think, "No, wait until the compilation comes out."  



I got a feeling that when they do come out they will be beyond my price range unless i can get Terry to offer me one on the side.



He is a good guy, but I wonder if he will.  (Business and all that...)



:lol:


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Aug 18, 2005 11:14 pm 
 

Well, at least I got beat out by the big dogs.   :)



    eBay.com Item Bid History



    I got my mark in there at the last, but they do not call him Killjoy for nothing!   :)



    Actually, I was just in there for fun...tried out  a snipe just to be a part of the action and see if I could steal a win without driving the price up too far.   8)


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 4:25 am 
 

MShipley88 wrote:I keep thinking of bidding on one of Terry's maps, but I always think, "No, wait until the compilation comes out."



I got a feeling that when they do come out they will be beyond my price range unless i can get Terry to offer me one on the side.



He is a good guy, but I wonder if he will. (Business and all that...)



:lol:




mmmm he prb wouldnt sell em cheaper than what he put em up for "one the side", unless you bought bulk from him and he would prb give you a discount. its all about biz chummer and hes damn good at it :D



Al



  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 5 of 1012, 3, 4, 5, 6 ... 8910