Cool Judges Guild aquisition
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:48 pm 

The highest number on the Booty List is 710, Amycus Probe.  It also lists Restormel at #700.

Odd that at the same time that Judges Guild was still putting out CSOIO, they were also printing crap (yet another castle map waiting for an adventure) like Restormel.   :evil:

Should I avoid posting things on the Sticky posting list?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:54 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:The highest number on the Booty List is 710, Amycus Probe. It also lists Restormel at #700.

Odd that at the same time that Judges Guild was still putting out CSOIO, they were also printing crap (yet another castle map waiting for an adventure) like Restormel.  :evil:

yep is the 4th

MShipley88 wrote:Should I avoid posting things on the Sticky posting list?

Only the scan needed one..yeah I don't have a post stating such, but it keeps it 'clean'. NO biggie really 8)

ShaneG.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 4:05 am 

Plaag wrote:
harami2000 wrote:
Any reason why the book states 6th edition?

I believe its counting Booklet I, then #12 CSIO (or #10 the Guide to the City State), and the 3 other Revised CSIO printings before it. 'Edition' seems to be the word used in a few JG products to differentiate printings.

ShaneG.

Got a smile here when thinking along those lines. That option wasn't making much sense since #12 is just all those other pieces put together; Judges Guild Questions • Page 2 • Judges Guild •  The Acaeum

Try again?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 7:47 am 

harami2000 wrote:
Plaag wrote:
I believe its counting Booklet I, then #12 CSIO (or #10 the Guide to the City State), and the 3 other Revised CSIO printings before it. 'Edition' seems to be the word used in a few JG products to differentiate printings.

ShaneG.

Got a smile here when thinking along those lines. That option wasn't making much sense since #12 is just all those other pieces put together; Judges Guild Questions • Page 2 • Judges Guild •  The Acaeum

Try again?

Most likely is has to do with #10 the Guide to the City State, or perhaps it could be #16 booklet J as the '2nd edition' of that sequence. My guess would be #10..

Do you suspect a Guide to the City State that has a different Booty List that the one you posted as a possibility? The only other Booty List earlier then that I've found goes up to #10 in Journal I.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 9:40 am 

Bought myself a Bledsaw at GenCon...

Only kidding. It's really an Umber Hulk.

This week I've been mostly eating . . . The white ones with the little red flecks in them.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 10:05 am 

mbassoc2003 wrote:Bought myself a Bledsaw at GenCon...

Only kidding. It's really an Umber Hulk.

Hey thats Ultra Rare..I think only one ever made.. :lol:

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:22 pm 

A nice piece of history there.  Wish I were going to GenCon.  Was your picture taken at GenCon UK?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 1:42 pm 

Plaag wrote:Most likely is has to do with #10 the Guide to the City State, or perhaps it could be #16 booklet J as the '2nd edition' of that sequence. My guess would be #10..

#10 "requires" "I" and vice versa. As is supported by the deliberate grouping/choice of name in that booty list description for #12.

Plaag wrote:Do you suspect a Guide to the City State that has a different Booty List that the one you posted as a possibility? The only other Booty List earlier then that I've found goes up to #10 in Journal I.

Yep. Noted.

And per the link above, "I did ask previously whether anyone else had a different highest number [in their Guide Book], but no luck on that".

<reindeergamez> will have another copy to check, though... *nudges*

I went around the other possibilities such as the white "I" being "1st edition" (*g*), but nothing really computed any better than the possibility of a further printing of #62.

Best left as an open research question for now, phps? :?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:31 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
Plaag wrote:Most likely is has to do with #10 the Guide to the City State, or perhaps it could be #16 booklet J as the '2nd edition' of that sequence. My guess would be #10..

#10 "requires" "I" and vice versa. As is supported by the deliberate grouping/choice of name in that booty list description for #12.

Plaag wrote:Do you suspect a Guide to the City State that has a different Booty List that the one you posted as a possibility? The only other Booty List earlier then that I've found goes up to #10 in Journal I.

Yep. Noted.

And per the link above, "I did ask previously whether anyone else had a different highest number [in their Guide Book], but no luck on that".

<reindeergamez> will have another copy to check, though... *nudges*

I went around the other possibilities such as the white "I" being "1st edition" (*g*), but nothing really computed any better than the possibility of a further printing of #62.

Best left as an open research question for now, phps? :?

Yeah..I'd have to check mine again too..but that requires digging it out.

I do know #62 was offered in 1978, #12 in 1976..so perhaps a (c) 1977 does exist out there for CSIO.

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 2:33 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:A nice piece of history there. Wish I were going to GenCon. Was your picture taken at GenCon UK?

That picture is Bob Bledsaw. I've seen him at the last 3 Gencons.

ShaneG.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:00 pm 

Plaag wrote:Yeah..I'd have to check mine again too..but that requires digging it out.

I do know #62 was offered in 1978, #12 in 1976..so perhaps a (c) 1977 does exist out there for CSIO.

thx for keeping that "on the list", Shane. :)

Aside; do we actually know whether there was any special packaging for #12, rather than just a standard mailer stuffed with goodies? :P

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:04 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
Plaag wrote:Yeah..I'd have to check mine again too..but that requires digging it out.

thx for keeping that "on the list", Shane. :)

Aside; do we actually know whether there was any special packaging for #12, rather than just a standard mailer stuffed with goodies? :P

Not sure..I'd suspect SWed with this cover sheet Toymom.com - Page Not Found

ShaneG.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:18 pm 

Plaag wrote:Not sure..I'd suspect SWed with this cover sheet Toymom.com - Page Not Found

*hits head off wall a few times* (That's what I get for multi-tasking and not stopping to think).

Yeah, I tend to forget that new-fangled-look JG stuff! :twisted:

OK. Could just as easily have counted a change to "I", "J" or the Guidebook; as opposed another #62; or having included the white "I" in the "printings".

(aside: Ten dungeon levels?).

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:21 pm 

harami2000 wrote:
Plaag wrote:Not sure..I'd suspect SWed with this cover sheet Toymom.com - Page Not Found

*hits head off wall a few times* (That's what I get for multi-tasking and not stopping to think).

OK. Could just as easily have counted a change to "I", "J" or the Guidebook; as opposed another #62; or having included the white "I" in the "printings".

Aye..dug out my Guide to the city state and the list goes to 17 and (c) 1976.

harami2000 wrote:(aside: Ten dungeon levels?).

Yep..I1-5, J1-4 and sunstone caverns.

ShaneG.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 15, 2005 3:33 pm 

Plaag wrote:
harami2000 wrote:(aside: Ten dungeon levels?).

Yep..I1-5, J1-4 and sunstone caverns.

*rechecks*. Nine plus one. Yeah.... :roll:

*gives up for the night*

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 1:11 am 

MShipley88 wrote:A nice piece of history there. Wish I were going to GenCon. Was your picture taken at GenCon UK?

I'm quite certain that picture was taken in the lobby of the Hyatt in Milwaukee, probably at the last Gen Con held there... I had lunch with Bob and Chris Bernhardt and his wife at the restaurant back and to the left. Hell, this might have been taken just before or after... They had the best breakfast buffet... The Hilton's was good, too, but their bacon was invariably soggy or burnt (even beyond flavorfully burnt).

Food aside, hopefully Bob will be at the show this year. He's supposed to be hanging out at the Gamescience booth. We'll see...

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 2:20 am 

I wish I was going to see Bob at GenCon.   :cry:

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 16, 2005 4:20 pm 

Plaag wrote:
harami2000 wrote:

Aye..dug out my Guide to the city state and the list goes to 17 and (c) 1976.

Booty list in 2nd(?) print (highest item (not number) in Booty List = 48/49) of "Thieves of Fortress Badabaskor" (#52)

City State of Invincible Overlord Fantasy Game Aid, now in revised 2nd edition, with new dungeon descriptions in reorganised Guide to the City State plus maps of City State for Judges and Players (22x28" each) plus maps of Thunderhold and Sunstone Caverns. Now with new lower price of $8.00

2nd edition of CSIO marked at this point, not before...

Make of that what you will. :)

PreviousNext