Cool Judges Guild aquisition
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 3 of 912, 3, 4 ... 789
Author

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:18 pm 
 

Robitico...

   Your description perfectly fits with the main map from Wraith Overlord.

    Wraith Overlord also includes a handy and smaller map of the CSIO.


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 288
Joined: Feb 27, 2005
Last Visit: May 19, 2014
Location: San Diego, CA

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:57 pm 
 

MShipley88 wrote:Robitico...

 Your description perfectly fits with the main map from Wraith Overlord.


*nods*

That's what I figured. Wraith Overlord is on my list of stuff that I still need too. They don't come up for auction very often.

  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:04 pm 
 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:That's what I figured. Wraith Overlord is on my list of stuff that I still need too. They don't come up for auction very often.

Am sure you won't, but don't overjump the bids and pay OTT. They do still slink through at relatively low $ from time-to-time;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5195829005

Seems to be one of those items which is scarce enough to go high, but not well enough known to always go high.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:53 pm 
 

Robotico...

If you do want to jump the gun on Wraith Overlord, there is deninately a copy available for $25 at Welcome to The Dragon's Trove | The Dragon's Trove   Click on the link to get to their new store space and look for the second to the last page on the Judges Guild list.

I  believe that Titan Games also has a copy for sale at $15, but you do have to pitch in roughly another $6.00 for shipping.

Mint, shrink wrapped.

8)


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 288
Joined: Feb 27, 2005
Last Visit: May 19, 2014
Location: San Diego, CA

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:57 pm 
 

MShipley88 wrote:Robotico...

If you do want to jump the gun on Wraith Overlord, there is deninately a copy available for $25 at Welcome to The Dragon's Trove | The Dragon's Trove  Click on the link to get to their new store space and look for the second to the last page on the Judges Guild list.

I believe that Titan Games also has a copy for sale at $15, but you do have to pitch in roughly another $6.00 for shipping.

Mint, shrink wrapped.

8)


Oooh, cool! Thanks Ship!

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:59 am 
 

harami2000 wrote:Seems to be one of those items which is scarce enough to go high, but not well enough known to always go high.


yeha they dont appear that often. you can sometimes pick up a used one pretty reasonable as david did there (beat me to the punch yet again *grin*), but a shrinked one normally goes for a fair bit more, at least they have on the occasions i have seen them.

it is well worth whatever you do pay tho - its one of the best quality JG items out there imo.

Al



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:59 am 
 

MShipley88 wrote:believe that Titan Games also has a copy for sale at $15, but you do have to pitch in roughly another $6.00 for shipping.

Mint, shrink wrapped.

8)


Robo - i would get that chummer - its well worth it.

Al



  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 288
Joined: Feb 27, 2005
Last Visit: May 19, 2014
Location: San Diego, CA

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:04 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
MShipley88 wrote:believe that Titan Games also has a copy for sale at $15, but you do have to pitch in roughly another $6.00 for shipping.

Mint, shrink wrapped.

8)


Robo - i would get that chummer - its well worth it.

Al


I'm assuming you guys mean Titan Games eBay store? I looked but couldn't find it. I'll look again.

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:08 am 
 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:I'm assuming you guys mean Titan Games eBay store? I looked but couldn't find it. I'll look again.


no chummer - their actual website.

Al



  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 288
Joined: Feb 27, 2005
Last Visit: May 19, 2014
Location: San Diego, CA

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:13 am 
 

killjoy32 wrote:
El Diablo Robotico wrote:I'm assuming you guys mean Titan Games eBay store? I looked but couldn't find it. I'll look again.


no chummer - their actual website.

Al


:oops:

Didn't know they had one, since I've only seen them talked about here with reference to the eBay stuff.

*shuffles off to Titan site*

  


Prolific Collector

Posts: 288
Joined: Feb 27, 2005
Last Visit: May 19, 2014
Location: San Diego, CA

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:19 am 
 

Must've sold it already. :(

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:32 am 
 

Dang...but still...go check out the one at Dragontrove.

The difference in price between them and Titan Games is not that great when you consider Titan's humorous shipping costs.  You will pay probably a few dollars more.   :o


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:00 pm 
 

MShipley88 wrote:Dang...but still...go check out the one at Dragontrove.

The difference in price between them and Titan Games is not that great when you consider Titan's humorous shipping costs. You will pay probably a few dollars more.  :o


if you be patient, you will spot one or two on ebay before long i dont doubt. the ones i have will be going on our website when i get other stuff up first, but will be cheaper you getting it from dragonstrove, especially from a shipping point.

Al



  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:40 pm 
 

I just did an impulse-buy of CSOIO at a local bookstore for $30.  It says "Revised Edition," and the inside has the dates 1977 and 1980 on the publication notes.



I still cannot believe that I paid that much...but...it...was...right...there!



I figured to save shipping...but I forgot that Washington has sales tax that was roughly equivalent to the shipping costs.



Anyway, I also paid three bucks for a paperback of all of R.E. Howard's Cthulhu stories, which I considered a good deal.   :)


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector

Posts: 8219
Joined: Jan 21, 2005
Last Visit: Jun 12, 2017
Location: Wallasey, Merseyside, UK

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:51 pm 
 

MShipley88 wrote:I just did an impulse-buy of CSOIO at a local bookstore for $30. It says "Revised Edition," and the inside has the dates 1977 and 1980 on the publication notes.

:)




thats a pretty decent price for that chummer - i would have paid that.



Al



  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:57 pm 
 

MShipley88 wrote:I just did an impulse-buy of CSOIO at a local bookstore for $30. It says "Revised Edition," and the inside has the dates 1977 and 1980 on the publication notes.




Is the #62 and price in a small box in the lower left corner? (if so its the 3rd print)



ShaneG.

 WWW  

User avatar

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Posts: 6720
Joined: Jul 16, 2005
Last Visit: Feb 02, 2021

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:24 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:
MShipley88 wrote:I just did an impulse-buy of CSOIO at a local bookstore for $30. It says "Revised Edition," and the inside has the dates 1977 and 1980 on the publication notes.




Is the #62 and price in a small box in the lower left corner? (if so its the 3rd print)



ShaneG.




    Yup, #62, $8.00  But I got the year wrong.  It says "Reprinted 6th edition 1981" on the inside of the title page (what is that page called?).



    There is only one booklet....is there more than one?  



    The map of Thunderhold is on white paper, folded into the center of the book and there are dungeon maps on the reverse side.  There are also dungeon maps loose in the package.



    Did I do OK?


"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm 
 

MShipley88 wrote:
Plaag wrote:


Is the #62 and price in a small box in the lower left corner? (if so its the 3rd print)



ShaneG.




  Yup, #62, $8.00 But I got the year wrong. It says "Reprinted 6th edition 1981" on the inside of the title page (what is that page called?).



  There is only one booklet....is there more than one?



  The map of Thunderhold is on white paper, folded into the center of the book and there are dungeon maps on the reverse side. There are also dungeon maps loose in the package.



  Did I do OK?




ah.. you have the 4th then:



4th Printing: (1981) Cover has red background with white lettering. ‘Official Playing Aid Approved for Dungeons & Dragons' on the cover. 96 pages with small item number and price at bottom left corner. 6th edition is stated on the first page.  The revised 4th printing includes the judges thunderhold and sunstone cavern map in the center of the book and a colored players thunderhold on the back cover.



Only on ebook, should have 2 maps (the judge and player city maps) seperate from that. All of the dungeon level maps are included in the book for that printing.



ShaneG.

 WWW  


Sage Collector

Posts: 2639
Joined: Jan 23, 2003
Last Visit: Jan 11, 2006

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:42 pm 
 

Plaag wrote:4th Printing: (1981) Cover has red background with white lettering. ‘Official Playing Aid Approved for Dungeons & Dragons' on the cover. 96 pages with small item number and price at bottom left corner. 6th edition is stated on the first page.


Any reason why the book states 6th edition?

  

User avatar

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Posts: 4497
Joined: Nov 08, 2002
Last Visit: Jul 27, 2021
Location: Land of 10,000 ponds

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:47 pm 
 

harami2000 wrote:
Plaag wrote:4th Printing: (1981) Cover has red background with white lettering. ‘Official Playing Aid Approved for Dungeons & Dragons' on the cover. 96 pages with small item number and price at bottom left corner. 6th edition is stated on the first page.


Any reason why the book states 6th edition?




I believe its counting Booklet I, then #12 CSIO (or #10 the Guide to the City State), and the 3 other Revised CSIO printings before it. 'Edition' seems to be the word used in a few JG products to differentiate printings.



ShaneG.

 WWW  
PreviousNext
Post new topic Reply to topic Page 3 of 912, 3, 4 ... 789