Cool Judges Guild aquisition
Author

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 2:18 pm 

Robitico...

Your description perfectly fits with the main map from Wraith Overlord.

Wraith Overlord also includes a handy and smaller map of the CSIO.

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 5:57 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Robitico...

Your description perfectly fits with the main map from Wraith Overlord.

*nods*

That's what I figured. Wraith Overlord is on my list of stuff that I still need too. They don't come up for auction very often.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Sat Aug 06, 2005 6:04 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:That's what I figured. Wraith Overlord is on my list of stuff that I still need too. They don't come up for auction very often.

Am sure you won't, but don't overjump the bids and pay OTT. They do still slink through at relatively low $ from time-to-time;
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5195829005

Seems to be one of those items which is scarce enough to go high, but not well enough known to always go high.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:53 pm 

Robotico...

If you do want to jump the gun on Wraith Overlord, there is deninately a copy available for $25 at Welcome to The Dragon's Trove | The Dragon's Trove   Click on the link to get to their new store space and look for the second to the last page on the Judges Guild list.

I  believe that Titan Games also has a copy for sale at $15, but you do have to pitch in roughly another $6.00 for shipping.

Mint, shrink wrapped.

8)

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Thu Aug 11, 2005 7:57 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Robotico...

If you do want to jump the gun on Wraith Overlord, there is deninately a copy available for $25 at Welcome to The Dragon's Trove | The Dragon's Trove  Click on the link to get to their new store space and look for the second to the last page on the Judges Guild list.

I believe that Titan Games also has a copy for sale at $15, but you do have to pitch in roughly another $6.00 for shipping.

Mint, shrink wrapped.

8)

Oooh, cool! Thanks Ship!

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:59 am 

harami2000 wrote:Seems to be one of those items which is scarce enough to go high, but not well enough known to always go high.

yeha they dont appear that often. you can sometimes pick up a used one pretty reasonable as david did there (beat me to the punch yet again *grin*), but a shrinked one normally goes for a fair bit more, at least they have on the occasions i have seen them.

it is well worth whatever you do pay tho - its one of the best quality JG items out there imo.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 3:59 am 

MShipley88 wrote:believe that Titan Games also has a copy for sale at $15, but you do have to pitch in roughly another $6.00 for shipping.

Mint, shrink wrapped.

8)

Robo - i would get that chummer - its well worth it.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:04 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
MShipley88 wrote:believe that Titan Games also has a copy for sale at $15, but you do have to pitch in roughly another $6.00 for shipping.

Mint, shrink wrapped.

8)

Robo - i would get that chummer - its well worth it.

Al

I'm assuming you guys mean Titan Games eBay store? I looked but couldn't find it. I'll look again.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:08 am 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:I'm assuming you guys mean Titan Games eBay store? I looked but couldn't find it. I'll look again.

no chummer - their actual website.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:13 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
El Diablo Robotico wrote:I'm assuming you guys mean Titan Games eBay store? I looked but couldn't find it. I'll look again.

no chummer - their actual website.

Al

:oops:

Didn't know they had one, since I've only seen them talked about here with reference to the eBay stuff.

*shuffles off to Titan site*

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:19 am 

Must've sold it already. :(

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 11:32 am 

Dang...but still...go check out the one at Dragontrove.

The difference in price between them and Titan Games is not that great when you consider Titan's humorous shipping costs.  You will pay probably a few dollars more.   :o

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Aug 12, 2005 12:00 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:Dang...but still...go check out the one at Dragontrove.

The difference in price between them and Titan Games is not that great when you consider Titan's humorous shipping costs. You will pay probably a few dollars more.  :o

if you be patient, you will spot one or two on ebay before long i dont doubt. the ones i have will be going on our website when i get other stuff up first, but will be cheaper you getting it from dragonstrove, especially from a shipping point.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:40 pm 

I just did an impulse-buy of CSOIO at a local bookstore for $30.  It says "Revised Edition," and the inside has the dates 1977 and 1980 on the publication notes.

I still cannot believe that I paid that much...but...it...was...right...there!

I figured to save shipping...but I forgot that Washington has sales tax that was roughly equivalent to the shipping costs.

Anyway, I also paid three bucks for a paperback of all of R.E. Howard's Cthulhu stories, which I considered a good deal.   :)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:51 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:I just did an impulse-buy of CSOIO at a local bookstore for $30. It says "Revised Edition," and the inside has the dates 1977 and 1980 on the publication notes.

:)

thats a pretty decent price for that chummer - i would have paid that.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 7:57 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:I just did an impulse-buy of CSOIO at a local bookstore for $30. It says "Revised Edition," and the inside has the dates 1977 and 1980 on the publication notes.

Is the #62 and price in a small box in the lower left corner? (if so its the 3rd print)

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:24 pm 

Plaag wrote:

Is the #62 and price in a small box in the lower left corner? (if so its the 3rd print)

ShaneG.

Yup, #62, $8.00  But I got the year wrong.  It says "Reprinted 6th edition 1981" on the inside of the title page (what is that page called?).

There is only one booklet....is there more than one?  

The map of Thunderhold is on white paper, folded into the center of the book and there are dungeon maps on the reverse side.  There are also dungeon maps loose in the package.

Did I do OK?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sun Aug 14, 2005 8:32 pm 

MShipley88 wrote:
Plaag wrote:

ShaneG.

Yup, #62, $8.00 But I got the year wrong. It says "Reprinted 6th edition 1981" on the inside of the title page (what is that page called?).

There is only one booklet....is there more than one?

The map of Thunderhold is on white paper, folded into the center of the book and there are dungeon maps on the reverse side. There are also dungeon maps loose in the package.

Did I do OK?

ah.. you have the 4th then:

4th Printing: (1981) Cover has red background with white lettering. ‘Official Playing Aid Approved for Dungeons & Dragons' on the cover. 96 pages with small item number and price at bottom left corner. 6th edition is stated on the first page.  The revised 4th printing includes the judges thunderhold and sunstone cavern map in the center of the book and a colored players thunderhold on the back cover.

Only on ebook, should have 2 maps (the judge and player city maps) seperate from that. All of the dungeon level maps are included in the book for that printing.

ShaneG.

PreviousNext