Cool Judges Guild aquisition
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Sep 29, 2005 4:01 am 

MShipley88 wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... %3AIT&rd=1

I believe I did OK on this one...which includes a Fantastic Wilderlands Beyonde, with at least most of the maps.

And, "no comment" is a comment, Harami.  8)  I'll keep sniping at those Fencert map packs until I get one or until the supply runs out.  Terry is posting them one at a time. The fact that he bothered to shrinkwrap the whole thing tells me he has at least a few more. I will keep loading up and trying until the big dogs have found other bones to gnaw.   :wink:

i saw that lot MS. nice lil win if you can find the other maps to complete it.

and fyi terry has LOTS of them maps :) keep plugging away!

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:06 pm 

MShipley88 wrote: I'll keep sniping at those Fencert map packs until I get one or until the supply runs out.  Terry is posting them one at a time. The fact that he bothered to shrinkwrap the whole thing tells me he has at least a few more. I will keep loading up and trying until the big dogs have found other bones to gnaw.   :wink:

Nice win MS :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8718588940

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 9:10 pm 

Plaag wrote:
MShipley88 wrote: I'll keep sniping at those Fencert map packs until I get one or until the supply runs out. Terry is posting them one at a time. The fact that he bothered to shrinkwrap the whole thing tells me he has at least a few more. I will keep loading up and trying until the big dogs have found other bones to gnaw.  :wink:

Nice win MS :)
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8718588940

ShaneG.

Yay he has one at last :D

well done chummer!

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 10:22 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:

well done chummer!

Al

Heh, thanks guys.  He won that one at my expense. :P

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Nov 11, 2005 11:11 pm 

bclarkie wrote:
killjoy32 wrote:

well done chummer!

Al

Heh, thanks guys. He won that one at my expense. :P

Awwww  :roll: I had thought about doing exactly what you did since no one was bidding till the very end. Just glad he won it.

Now how many watched this lot:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8714059654
Seller did not answer my questions to him some days ago..so guess I can try the winner.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 1:11 am 

Hey, thanks!   :)  :)

I just kept plugging away at that lot until I happened to hit one.   :lol:

Don't worry, Clarkie.  Load up and fire at the next one.   8)

I did not expect to win, but once in a while things have to go the way of the little dogs.  We run off with a bone now and then.    :lol:  :lol:

Mark

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:05 am 

Plaag wrote:
Seller did not answer my questions to him some days ago..so guess I can try the winner.

ShaneG.

hey shane

i asked my usual question of "united states only" auctions and i got the "no i won't ship out of the united states" answer.

*shrugs". no biggie really - got my credit card bill today so glad i didnt win :D

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:19 am 

killjoy32 wrote:
Plaag wrote:

ShaneG.

hey shane

i asked my usual question of "united states only" auctions and i got the "no i won't ship out of the united states" answer.

Its alright..I just hope the seller is cool and will provide some answers (which I should send them the email soon).

killjoy32 wrote:*shrugs". no biggie really - got my credit card bill today so glad i didnt win :D

Need more money huh, you know I'd be happy to part with some when you get those pics sorted out :wink:

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 6:22 am 

Plaag wrote:Need more money huh, you know I'd be happy to part with some when you get those pics sorted out :wink:

ShaneG.

oh i dont need money THAT much :D i simply wont part with my treasures unless its an absolute no other option situation.

i will get round to them pics for ya - just havent had time chummer...dont worry i havent forgot.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:27 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8723709228

Wanted the Catalog (which has helped a lot), but I now have also found out that there are 2 printings for #560 Portal of Irontooth (Different product lists, 2nd print has a slightly darker tint on front though could be fading on the first or bad color processing at the printer. Yet back color covers are the same and copyrights the same)

Thought one was a Zocchi at first, but they have no mention, and both have the rough 'roller' marks along one of the back edges. Course this now changes my view of nothing past 410 having another printing..oh well suppose to the collector or at least to me it was a great find.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sat Nov 26, 2005 3:43 pm 

Plaag wrote:http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8723709228

Wanted the Catalog (which has helped a lot), but I now have also found out that there are 2 printings for #560 Portal of Irontooth (Different product lists, 2nd print has a slightly darker tint on front though could be fading on the first or bad color processing at the printer. Yet back color covers are the same and copyrights the same)

Thought one was a Zocchi at first, but they have no mention, and both have the rough 'roller' marks along one of the back edges. Course this now changes my view of nothing past 410 having another printing..oh well suppose to the collector or at least to me it was a great find.

ShaneG.

Hmmm, now that auction looks familiar. :wink:

"He who fights with monsters might take care lest he thereby become a monster. And if you gaze for long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you." -Neitzche

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:06 pm 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8750407226

Well I got it..happy with the results, though haven't looked over everything completely.
What I do know from the Dungeoneers (expect update this weekend) is Dungeoneer 1 is a 2nd print (site has 3rd shown), Dungeoneer 2 is a 2nd print (site has 1st shown, though now can confirm 2 printings for this), Dungeoneers 3-5 are 1st printings (site has 2nd/2nd/1st shown).

GDG-H is a 7th print, Eldritch an 8th print (both printings I didn't have), and Spelljammer boxset looks complete.

To those who PM/emailed me: I shall try and get scans of everything plus more detailed descriptions of condition this weekend (If you want scans sent to a specific email address pm that to me by this weekend).

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:24 pm 

Heh... what's with Cool Judges Guild acquisitions, Shane?

Still neat, though, and printing confirmations as expected, even if you'd already finished buying for that night ;)

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 5:25 pm 

What I got:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8751828373
Village Book 2 (true 2nd print, so bumps the other two down to 3rd/4th prints)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 8751778132
Journal I (the 1st print - same size sheet of paper but no page numbers listed)
City Map 4 sections (the 1st print - not Hammermill Bond paper - is thicker, no (c) 1976, the 'Burial Grounds/Gold Blosum Pool' map states Playing Aid for use with Dungeons & Dragons (c) TSR Lake Geneva, Wisc.) (Also yellow is not highlighter as nothing soaked through/is colored on the swamp areas and also is perfect match with yellow swamp area on reduced player map- see below)
White I Booklet (the 1st print - no copyright date, white cover, rest of material looks the same as 2nd print orange booklet I)
City Players map (1st print, not sure if there is more then one at this time - the $150 auction have this listed right? 4 sheets 8.5" x 11" as described blanked out, map reduced on each sheet, yellow swamp perfect match with larger map, no copyright date, sheets are numbered I-9, I-10, I-11, I-12 - so know we know that mystery)
I-6/I-7/I-8 (2nd print, 1st print, 1st print)
I Dungeon Maps I-1 to I-5 (the 1st print, lighter paper, but no copyright date)
Guide to the City State (1st print, no different Booty List, but then we sort of figured the CSIO stuff out prior)

Nothing was Xeroxed, and only the white booklet I was 2 hole punched though didn't obscure any text.
Quite pleased with the lot, though now I do have to wonder if the white booklet I didn't come with the very first few initial subscriptions.

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 6:11 pm 

Thanks for the run-down, Shane. Always good to have more questions, isn't it?

I thought those maps might've been interesting. :D
(Not the first time I've seen those "yellow highlights", either).
Plaag wrote:Nothing was Xeroxed, and only the white booklet I was 2 hole punched though didn't obscure any text.
Quite pleased with the lot, though now I do have to wonder if the white booklet I didn't come with the very first few initial subscriptions.

Not the first mass-subscription, as previously indicated on the timeline anyhow. That was almost certainly the yellow "I" from Mike/IO's evidence compared with the other dates we have available.
How/whether anything was collated piecemeal before then (the gap between 50(?) and ~1,000(?) people is quite a jump) is another matter... and, unfortunately, there's nothing to suggest how/when these items were put together (replacement(?) I-6 and later guidebook without J, for a start?).

Oh, nice of Titan not to mention the two-hole punching, huh? :?

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 7:26 pm 

faro wrote:Thanks for the run-down, Shane. Always good to have more questions, isn't it?

Yeah it helps aknowing all this now, though yep..does raise that initial question.

faro wrote:I thought those maps might've been interesting. :D

Interested in knowing where else you may have seen the highlights (On the whole paper thing..I've been asking Hammermill about its process/paper..but now I will have to ask have they always used the watermark or when did they start to.)

faro wrote:
Plaag wrote:Nothing was Xeroxed, and only the white booklet I was 2 hole punched though didn't obscure any text.

Not the first mass-subscription, as previously indicated on the timeline anyhow. That was almost certainly the yellow "I" from Mike/IO's evidence compared with the other dates we have available.
How/whether anything was collated piecemeal before then (the gap between 50(?) and ~1,000(?) people is quite a jump) is another matter... and, unfortunately, there's nothing to suggest how/when these items were put together (replacement(?) I-6 and later guidebook without J, for a start?).

Yeah..seems the maps/sheets go together, save for the I-6 (I really don't want to open up that issue again since I truely believe the paper was consistant early on..and more so now with the I-maps in the lot, etc). Guidebook must have been thrown in the lot, and suppose the white I could have been to if Mark was trying to make up the whole Booty List or initial subscription from the Journal...course no Tac Cards either.
Curious on the #9 Judges map now..will have to dig out my CSIO to see if I got one..don't recall a list stating its 4 sections like #4..only that it was 17x22.

faro wrote:Oh, nice of Titan not to mention the two-hole punching, huh? :?

Yeah..seen in pic its hidden...still gave him a feedback of great seller though because he didn't take a BIN and did screw up his own listing by claiming Xeroxed sheets when they were not. Am curious though if the other Journal I (BIN auction) is numbered or not..

Side note: Just a friendly reminder for the ol scans of the mailer/and suspect texture of red tegel you can send me :wink:

Oh and Al..sorry mate but I can't send you the journal I (for the obvious reason), but if you still need a Dungeoneer 7 I have one for you for free (Just PM address and I'll pop it in the mail at some point). Would have never kept up with the auctions if it wasn't for our discussions.

ShaneG.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:03 pm 

Plaag wrote:
faro wrote:I thought those maps might've been interesting. :D

Interested in knowing where else you may have seen the highlights

Previous auction. Not one I won, IIRC.

Plaag wrote:Yeah..seems the maps/sheets go together, save for the I-6 (I really don't want to open up that issue again since I truely believe the paper was consistant early on..and more so now with the I-maps in the lot, etc). Guidebook must have been thrown in the lot, and suppose the white I could have been to if Mark was trying to make up the whole Booty List or initial subscription from the Journal...course no Tac Cards either.

Would be easier to presume it was a mix-and-match.
He certainly didn't have a clue about the white "I", however, which was a surprise since he must've handled plenty of those in yellow.
Unless that was presumed to be a photocopy, too! ;)

Plaag wrote:Curious on the #9 Judges map now..will have to dig out my CSIO to see if I got one..don't recall a list stating its 4 sections like #4..only that it was 17x22.

I get confused with all these maps... :?

Plaag wrote:Yeah..seen in pic its hidden...still gave him a feedback of great seller though because he didn't take a BIN

And in what way was that "good"?
Had it not been for my snipe bid, the end price would've been well below my BIN offer that was on the table for the 2-3 days the first bid took to arrive.

Plaag wrote:...and did screw up his own listing by claiming Xeroxed sheets when they were not. Am curious though if the other Journal I (BIN auction) is numbered or not..

That would be Brian to ask, no?
Must admit that particular snippet surprised me, since it appeared "normal" enough.

Plaag wrote:Side note: Just a friendly reminder for the ol scans of the mailer/and suspect texture of red tegel you can send me :wink:

I scanned the mailers days ago... oops... :oops:
*sends*

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Jan 31, 2006 9:29 pm 

faro wrote:
Plaag wrote:...and did screw up his own listing by claiming Xeroxed sheets when they were not. Am curious though if the other Journal I (BIN auction) is numbered or not..

That would be Brian to ask, no?
Must admit that particular snippet surprised me, since it appeared "normal" enough.

I will let you know as soon as it arrives.  If it *ever* arrives. :roll:

PreviousNext