Cool Judges Guild aquisition
Author

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 8:12 pm 

The original *is* pretty huge. The one down here in SoCal's only been going on for a few years, so it'll take a while for it to equal that. This'll be year three I think.

I'm thinking of running a game this year. Probably a White Wolf game, cuz I'm fairly into WW as a GM... though possibly an old-school Boot Hill game. I've got a one-shot BH adventure that I ran early this year that turned out very successfully.

But now I ramble.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 2:09 am 

always fancied playing a white wolf game cos i think the material rocks - having looked at a load of books a friend of mine has and boot hill? wow coolness there chummer....i woud love to give that a bash - alas 7000 miles away :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 3:16 am 

Well, I would play, Robotico...but there is still that 1000 miles thing.  I made a character, long ago, to play Werewolf when it first came out.  I was gonna insist on staying in wolf form and slaughtering every human I could safely reach.  Alas, the campaign fell in when the GM could not follow through.   :cry:

I will keep looking out for the Wilderlands stuff.  I am slowly stalking my Judges Guild collection.     :twisted:

I don't know if I plan to collect any of the non-D&D items from Judges Guild.   Not as interested in those...although I love names like "Darkling Ship."    8)

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 5:34 am 

MShipley88 wrote:Well, I would play, Robotico...but there is still that 1000 miles thing. I made a character, long ago, to play Werewolf when it first came out. I was gonna insist on staying in wolf form and slaughtering every human I could safely reach. Alas, the campaign fell in when the GM could not follow through.  :cry:

I will keep looking out for the Wilderlands stuff. I am slowly stalking my Judges Guild collection.   :twisted:

I don't know if I plan to collect any of the non-D&D items from Judges Guild.  Not as interested in those...although I love names like "Darkling Ship."  8)

fwiw: i think the judges guild non-D&D stuff totally rocks - they are great even to just read!

if youre interested in collecting the majority of the traveller stuff in one foul swoop, i have the three traveller sci-fi packs, all shrinked. they were very limited edition - pretty rare and great to collect.....

the only ones i have seen on ebay in the last 6 months are the ones i put on there, so....

and wilderlands books will always be hard to get. specially as they really are demand.

Al

ps. i have about 6 or 7 diff sets of wilderlands. my plan is to swap n change the sets to keep the best sets, but i will no doubt end up with 1 or 2 sets in goodish condition etc.... will be selling them cheapish no doubt, so lemme know if they pique your interest and i will give you first dibs on them when they are sorted.

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 11:39 am 

killjoy32 wrote:always fancied playing a white wolf game cos i think the material rocks - having looked at a load of books a friend of mine has and boot hill? wow coolness there chummer....i woud love to give that a bash - alas 7000 miles away :D

My two favorite WW games are Adventure! and Changeling. But I've got a lot of WW books. They're a top-notch RPG company.

(oh and Boot Hill is loads of fun, especially for a one-shot!)

MShipley88 wrote:Well, I would play, Robotico...but there is still that 1000 miles thing.  I made a character, long ago, to play Werewolf when it first came out.  I was gonna insist on staying in wolf form and slaughtering every human I could safely reach.  Alas, the campaign fell in when the GM could not follow through.    

I will keep looking out for the Wilderlands stuff.  I am slowly stalking my Judges Guild collection.

You guys and your mileage problems! Sheesh! :)

I'm still trying to get all the Wilderlands sets too. I've got two of 'em. Fantastic Wilderlands Beyond (which, BTW, fencert continually has up for auction), and Wilderlands of the Fantastic Reaches. So I still need Wilderlands of the Magic Realm and Wilderlands of High Fantasy.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:20 pm 

El Diablo Robotico wrote:
I'm still trying to get all the Wilderlands sets too. I've got two of 'em. Fantastic Wilderlands Beyond (which, BTW, fencert continually has up for auction), and Wilderlands of the Fantastic Reaches. So I still need Wilderlands of the Magic Realm and Wilderlands of High Fantasy.

terry's wilderlands beyonde are not 1st prints tho, you know that right? they are 2nd or 3rd (2nd i think). fantastic reaches prb comes up on ebay less than magic realms does.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 23, 2005 1:41 pm 

killjoy32 wrote:terry's wilderlands beyonde are not 1st prints tho, you know that right? they are 2nd or 3rd (2nd i think).

Yes I do. But I don't care so much, as long as I have one. :)

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 1:29 am 

I got my Inferno.  Cost me, but I got it.   8)

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 2:11 am 

MShipley88 wrote:I got my Inferno. Cost me, but I got it.  8)

i was watching that too - was gonna bid near the end but then i saw you grab it and didnt bother :)

good one - the condition looks nice. worth it if you ask me.

well done ! :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 6:21 am 

killjoy32 wrote:i was watching that too - was gonna bid near the end but then i saw you grab it and didnt bother :)

Within the last eight seconds?

(Fastest ALT-TAB-ENTER in the West of Warrington...). :lol:

Noticed there was no other interest above $7.50, so I guess this is another one (like Wraith Overlord) that's been on the edge of being boosted up to the next circle, rather than the likes of Tegel, 1st CSIO, Tac Cards, etc. which are already there.

=

(Yep, congrats; and don't mind the price too much, please ;))

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 7:39 am 

david - oh believe me i had the watch out and the bid entered ready - two screens open and plenty of refreshing going on :)

but i have three inferno's and didnt really need another :)

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 5:36 pm 

I don't know the rules of Ebay, or what let my snipe win when harami's snipe hit at the same instant.  I will take my good fortune, however.  8)

(Check the times on the bids...identicle time)   :?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 9:27 pm 

I got a copy of Inferno in the Spring, and just got a copy of Lindoran, so the collection I care about is complete.  Conditions weren't mint but then I didn't want them for the money anyway.

Having Inferno was very helpful in the early stages of the rewrite but now I've gone beyond the original (look for a status update in a couple of weeks).  Maybe next year I'll revisit Lindoran.

3 Infernos ???  How many of those did JG print anyway?    :evil:

Geoffrey

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Mon Sep 12, 2005 10:21 pm 

Geoff Dale wrote:I got a copy of Inferno in the Spring, and just got a copy of Lindoran, so the collection I care about is complete.

Any advance on 18 cents? http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?Vi ... 5234913908

Paid 20 times that, myself...

Geoff Dale wrote:Having Inferno was very helpful in the early stages of the rewrite but now I've gone beyond the original (look for a status update in a couple of weeks)

Have been waiting for updates, Geoff. You'll probably be done before I get a copy of the original. :)

Trust that's been an enjoyable journey! ^^

Geoff Dale wrote:3 Infernos ??? How many of those did JG print anyway?  :evil:

Not enough to go around? :lol:

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 1:18 am 

I never saw an Inferno copy on the shelf back in the day.  They could not have been too common.

Interestingly, most of the Infernos I have seen come from sellers in England.

I think that the English market may have been more open to adventures that take place in Hell than the American market.

Or, it could just be coincidence.   :?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Sep 13, 2005 2:59 am 

MShipley88 wrote:I never saw an Inferno copy on the shelf back in the day. They could not have been too common.

Interestingly, most of the Infernos I have seen come from sellers in England.

I think that the English market may have been more open to adventures that take place in Hell than the American market.

Or, it could just be coincidence.  :?

i bought 2 infernos together when i wsa buying a bult lot off someone a while back. managed to get 8 laser tanks and 2 starships & spacecraft too, which are both also very hard to acquire and i already had 2 infernos, one of which i sold.

i think now, there are a selection of JG items which are quite hard to acquire now. lindoran doesnt know show its face all that often, so andyb (who i have dealt with on numerous occasions -a real decent chap) got a real steal there, but as david says, £2-4 is a decent enough price to get it for.

from watching auctions, i see inferno crop up in the US just as often as i do in the UK.

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 3:57 am 

I got my Inferno today.  It practically marks the completion of my Judges Guild collection.  I may have to start thinking about first prints and all that..     8)

Maybe I have to start collecting all of the "letter" publications...X, M, L and the like.    :?

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2005 4:00 am 

how can you say "completes my collection" when youre not sat on 1st prints.....especially the instalments!!!!

*sheesh* :D

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

PreviousNext