Something new? Wilderlands Campaign Designer's Note Sheet
Author

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 7:01 pm 

I might have uncovered an item not previously noted for Judges Guild.
I recently obtained a small RPG collection that included various Judges Guild Items.

One of the items from the collection that caught my attention was this single sided sheet.

The sheet was nestled inside one of the 16 page books of a First Print copy of The Wilderlands of the Magic Realm.
The Set is complete with both 16 page books and the four double sided Campaign Maps (11-12-13-14).
The set was inside an ancient zip lock baggie.

At first, I thought... crap... a sheet has been torn out of one of the books, but then I noted that the sheet was clean with no rip/tear or cut marks and the two books were complete with all pages intact, including page 15 (which page in the books is double sided).

After reading the sheet and investigating further (Map and book scanning) I feel that this was probably an insert that was added after printing the books but before release of this specific Wilderlands Set.

The Designer's Sheet describes a bunch of Islands (They are tiny islands) that are shown but not named on the Judges Tan Maps (Campaign Map 12 and Campaign Map 4).
According to the Designer's Sheet those Islands at the hexes named can be crossover locations from Map 12 to Map 4.

Exact wording from the paragraph just above the detailed Island descriptions:
These five-mile hexes randomly serve as "nexus" points from map 12 to map 4.
(60% probability per day of shifting to map 4).
In the event that no shift occur(s) , use the descriptions for the Isle of the Blest Campaign Map 12.

During the time I have been actively collecting Judges Guild Fantasy items, I have probably gone through at least 4 or more copies (each) of 1st prints of The Wilderlands of the Magic Realm and The Wilderlands of High Fantasy and yet I have never seen this sheet before.
Now I wonder if I should rip the shrink off my only SWed copy of this one.... :?

Have I been missing something basic that others here already know?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Last edited by Gnat the Beggar on Fri Jan 13, 2012 8:04 am, edited 3 times in total.

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jan 12, 2012 11:58 pm 

I just checked my copies of the three Wilderlands settings (which are first prints), and don't see that sheet.

"Parturient montes, nascetur ridiculus mus."

Verbose Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 1:15 am 

it's page 16 in my 2nd print wilderlands of the magic realm, but other than that it is exactly the same.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 3:39 am 

i've seen that sheet before, but cant remember where. remember the island names...

i think its part of something thats not the 1st John. maybe it was added later? as they were doing the 2nd print, its a sheet that they might have slipped in at the end of the 1st print run, with some of the last copies available or something like that?

would make sense to me anyway, being the fact that not everything is so cut and dried moving from one print to the next etc

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:50 am 

Damn, I thought I posted about this.  I found the email from someone else asking about this (back in 2008 :oops: )
It's basically page 15 from Journal W as a single sheet and errata for the 1st print of Wilderlands of the Magic Realm.  I have one iirc.  In the instance from the other person, they got theirs in a 1st print in bag (though opened).  So I can imagine since it was in Journal 14 (W) with the installment it wasn't included but once the 1st print was sold in stores, etc it was included with some/all. :?:

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own