Identify these Judges Guild Artists
Author

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat May 14, 2011 1:48 pm 

1st 2 come from 1999-62 the 3rd from Tarantis
I imagine the middle maybe Kevin Simpson but not sure.
The 3rd is just one of many from that product with the lightning bolt signature, but none of the artists listed for Tarantis use it in other signed pieces.

So need help on these.

Thanks,
ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 7:52 pm 

illustration #1 is by Ed Perry ("E.L. Perry" or "E.T. Perry"?)
If you look at Masters of Mind that he's credited in, you'll find some similar signatures

Illustration #2 is Ken Simpson since he definitely used that "KS" signature on other adventures where he was the only one credited.

I'm still looking into illustration #3 ...

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun May 15, 2011 8:29 pm 

btw, did Bob Bledsaw II do illustrations? I saw his name come up on some credits.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 3:49 pm 

misterspock wrote:btw, did Bob Bledsaw II do illustrations? I saw his name come up on some credits.

Yeah though it should be as Robert Bledsaw Jr.  The one I can really remember seeing artwork for is Pixie Bledsaw.

Thanks for the research so far.

ShaneG.

Grandstanding Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 5:59 pm 

Tarantis was pretty late in the Judges Guild timeline.

Is it possible that the third picture is just an example of public domain art they used to pad the product?

What is the quality of the other examples from this artist?

"But I have watched the dragons come, fire-eyed, across the world."

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon May 16, 2011 6:23 pm 

I saw a credit for "Bledsaw II" for illustration on at least one module, but when I looked through some other modules I noticed that the credits weren't always correct as some of the artists names were missing. Then I thought that maybe the credit was more for the graphic layout of the module(s) as opposed to actual illustrations.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 4:43 pm 

The 3rd art piece is my father's. He started using a lightning bolt as a signature about that time. I believe it was because he was friends with a Cantonese exchange student in high school around that time named Andrew Liu. Liu show my dad how to write the name "Robert Bledsaw" in Liu's dialect; one of the characters was shaped like a lightning bolt. Since then, the lightning bolt was adopted by my father as a alternative signature. Hope that sheds a little light on things  :P

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 5:23 pm 

rbledsaw3 wrote:The 3rd art piece is my father's. He started using a lightning bolt as a signature about that time. I believe it was because he was friends with a Cantonese exchange student in high school around that time named Andrew Liu. Liu show my dad how to write the name "Robert Bledsaw" in Liu's dialect; one of the characters was shaped like a lightning bolt. Since then, the lightning bolt was adopted by my father as a alternative signature. Hope that sheds a little light on things  :P

Thanks for letting us know. I saw your father's credit pop up in some other modules too (sometimes as "Jr" and then sometimes as "II").

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Tue May 17, 2011 7:13 pm 

rbledsaw3 wrote:The 3rd art piece is my father's. He started using a lightning bolt as a signature about that time. I believe it was because he was friends with a Cantonese exchange student in high school around that time named Andrew Liu. Liu show my dad how to write the name "Robert Bledsaw" in Liu's dialect; one of the characters was shaped like a lightning bolt. Since then, the lightning bolt was adopted by my father as a alternative signature. Hope that sheds a little light on things  :P

Nice to know :)

ShaneG.