Judges Guild Dungeon TAC Cards
Author

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:27 pm 

Perhaps one of the experts here can offer some clarification on the descriptions for the Dungeon TAC Cards on this site.  I am an original owner of what appears to be a 2nd Printing set.  (Green cover card with PO Box address).  

My set has one discrepancy from that described here:

http://www.acaeum.com/jg/Item0002.html

The deck I have has 140 cards plus the Green Title Card, but does not contain the white product card.  Although the plastic bag has been opened, this set was never used for play, and maybe only removed from the bag a couple of times.  It is not likely that the white card would have been removed or lost.  

Questions:
1) Are there known 2nd Printing sets which did not include the white card?
2) In the descriptions of the set on this site (see url above), mention is made of "Product list is titled "Other Judges Guild Fantasy Products" with the highest number being 36."   What does "36" refer to?
3) On a side note, the information shown here on the white card appears nearly identical to what his printed on the back of the green card.  Seems odd that they would include it.  Anyone have thoughts on this?

Thanks for any information you can share!

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Mar 27, 2011 6:38 pm 

Not an expert, but perhaps I can clarify this for you anyway.

The number 36 refers to a Judges Guild Stock Number for its products.
Stock # 36 was the Character Chronicle Card Set.
http://www.acaeum.com/jg/Item0036.html
Very much like the Tac Cards in both size and structure.

As for your Tac Card set, it sounds like a 3rd print set to me.
Same number of cards (140) without the White Card.
For the 2nd and 3rd prints, the Green Title Cards (and the white product card for the 2nd print) are not counted.

I have only the 1st print set, but that set includes THREE of the Yellow Title Cards, along with everything else that is supposed to be there for that printing.

Just wondering: Does your set have more than one Green Title Card?

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 12:37 am 

Gnat the Beggar wrote:As for your Tac Card set, it sounds like a 3rd print set to me.
Same number of cards (140) without the White Card.
For the 2nd and 3rd prints, the Green Title Cards (and the white product card for the 2nd print) are not counted.

Just wondering: Does your set have more than one Green Title Card?

Thank you for your reply!  The set I have has only one Green Title Card.  What leads me to believe it is a second printing is that the front of the Green Title Card includes the PO Box 773 address as described here: http://www.acaeum.com/jg/Item0002.html.  

Maybe this is a late second printing set, prior to the change to third printing with the  N. Sunnyside Rd. address?  (A hybrid of second and third printings?)  I did count the cards and confirmed that there are 140 "yellowish" cards and 1 "green" card.

Grandstanding Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 7:41 am 

Yes, the address pretty much locks it in as a 2nd print.

Could be at some point the White Card was lost, or was simply never included into the set at the JG Production Facility.

Knowing what little I do about Juges Guild Products, I would believe the white card is simply missing over your set being a hybrid.

"Guys, I am starting to think Tegel Manor might be haunted..."
Stated by me as a PC during a run of Tegel Manor DMed by killjoy at NTRPGCon 2010

Charter Member of the ATM

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 2:59 pm 

Searching through the forums to solve the mystery, I have found a member who describes a set matching what I have.  So, it seems possible that there was a production run with the 2nd printing Green title card without the white product card.  Maybe member otherworld will chime in.  :-)

viewtopic.php?t=2838&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=tac+missing&start=20

otherworld wrote:
   Yep, 5 of each, but only 4 of 'Parry'. No white product card, though.

Plaag wrote:
 That actually is a 3rd then (seems the parry card is only 4..find it odd, but oh well) Wonder if title card was from an old 2nd print set..interesting curiousity for now (hold on to that  )

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 4:25 pm 

tacman wrote:Perhaps one of the experts here can offer some clarification on the descriptions for the Dungeon TAC Cards on this site.  I am an original owner of what appears to be a 2nd Printing set.  (Green cover card with PO Box address).  

My set has one discrepancy from that described here:

http://www.acaeum.com/jg/Item0002.html

The deck I have has 140 cards plus the Green Title Card, but does not contain the white product card.  Although the plastic bag has been opened, this set was never used for play, and maybe only removed from the bag a couple of times.  It is not likely that the white card would have been removed or lost.  

Questions:
1) Are there known 2nd Printing sets which did not include the white card?
2) In the descriptions of the set on this site (see url above), mention is made of "Product list is titled "Other Judges Guild Fantasy Products" with the highest number being 36."   What does "36" refer to?
3) On a side note, the information shown here on the white card appears nearly identical to what his printed on the back of the green card.  Seems odd that they would include it.  Anyone have thoughts on this?

Thanks for any information you can share!

The white card was basically a product list and served no other purpose other then being easier to read then the back of the title card so could be easily tossed.  As for sets not including it, it's not something new for Judges Guild, the 1st print sets had different number of cards from set to set.  So the value won't be affected, and actually is benefited by you still having the bag.

And sure bring up a thread from 2005 :wink: otherworld's would be a 2nd, not sure why I said 3rd after he mentioned the correct address on the title card for those.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Mar 28, 2011 11:41 pm 

Plaag wrote:
And sure bring up a thread from 2005 :wink:

ShaneG.

LOL!   Thanks for the help.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2011 2:35 pm 

I have a minty 2nd printing set I'm going to sell of that has 6 Parry, 4 Short Sword and 4 Shortbow. It is in the original baggie; I am 99% sure it has never been used, but how do I account for one extra card type and two missing ones? Anyone else have this issue? Is it a misprint?

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.

Long-Winded Collector
Subweb Admin
JG Valuation Board

Post Posted: Sat May 07, 2011 4:12 pm 

They were assembled by hand, so human error on the count when this was packaged would be my guess.

ShaneG.

I reject your reality and substitute my own

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Sun May 08, 2011 2:39 am 

Thanks, Plaag. I am tempted to keep them, but they'll never be used, so off they go!

If you hit a Rowsdower, you get to keep it.