Inferno 1980 is now Available on DriveThruRPG !
Author

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 25, 2010 12:28 am 

Spellbook Games is very happy to announce the re-release of the classic AD&D module, Inferno, in PDF format !!  

Inferno was the first and original, Dungeon & Dragons module describing Hell.  Inferno describes the outer half of Hell, Limbo and the first four Circles, as imagined by Dante and interpreted for gaming.  Adventurers become ensnared by Gehenna, the Plane of Devils, and have to outwit and outfight the legions of Devils to escape.  Along the way they must avoid or overcome iconic NPC's such as Charon, Ferryman of the Dead, Minos, Judge of the Dammed, Cerberus the Hound of Hell, and Plutus, Duke of Hell and ArchFiend of Wealth. Not only are the character's lives at stake, so are their souls!  This is a very challenging scenario, intended for groups of high-level characters and experienced players.

This module is now available for the first time in almost 28 years, with new art and new maps.  While we have reorganized the material and corrected various spelling and editorial mistakes, every encounter, every description, NPC, and artifact is the same as it was in the original module.  Inferno was approved by TSR in 1980 for play with AD&D and it is still completely AD&D compatible.  Inferno can be purchased now from DrivethruRPG and in a few days from out website, www.spellbookgames.com .

Geoff   :twisted:

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:51 pm 

will it be available again in anything other than PDF format? would really like a book copy and i HATE pdf's - sorry  :?

Al

Active Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:50 pm 

Killjoy:  Our thought is that eventually it will go print-on-demand.  BUT (and a big one) this requires a whole new layout and my graphics partner has been out of town for two weeks.  He has several projects to work on immediately upon his return, including starting on Bestiary (yes, all the art is in now !!! yippee ! maybe I can get him to put some new pictures on our art page too).  So, I'm not making predictions or promises about when it will go to print...best guess is not before October.  I can say that we will not be doing professional offset press work and will not be handling/shipping paper orders (too much for a two-man shop with day jobs).

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:59 pm 

i dont need pictures :)

i just want maps and descriptions and i am good to go :D

Al

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:07 pm 

A second request for POD.

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:13 pm 

I think it would be neat to get it in black faux leather hardcover. I might be tempted to buy that as a PoD.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Verbose Collector
JG Valuation Board
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:12 am 

It's all about hell for christ's sake!!!

Use the red leather cover...   :thumleft:

RPG’s, D&D in particular has had a major influence in my life. It’s bonded me together with life long friends...it’s that bond in life not just as friends, but in our jokes, our mannerisms, and what we find funny. Invincible Overlord

Sage Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 1:57 am 

If I liked red...

Now, maybe if it was a beveled red or had a rising image, like a balrog or something... but, just red? Naw.

Could be cool, though.

Those who can, don't. Those who should not, do.

Long-Winded Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 6:55 am 

I'd quite like a book, red or black I'm easy...

Rolls a '3'

"Did I hit.....?"

Active Collector

Post Posted: Sun Aug 01, 2010 8:41 pm 

We'll have to see if we still have any Cerberus hide.

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:48 am 

Stay tuned to www.spellbookgames.com for new products.  By the weekend we should be releasing

Inferno Bestiary and Town Generator

Bestiary is a must-have book that profiles 85 diabolical Devils found in Inferno (but the statistics won't be in the module when we release it); it also has another 200 or so other beasties.  All the devils have pictures plus another 50 or so creature pictures.

Town Generator is 35 pages of helpful tables, designed for the DM with more ideas than time - it gives quick and easy rolls to determine the availability of essential services for Adventurers, from inns to banks to services for your mount to local healers.  Plus tables to generate the principal products of a town, the shops present there, and other features of interest. And that's not all, we also throw in for free a set of Tables to name that Town.

More details to come in the next few days.... !