Planescape
Author

Prolific Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 7:39 am 

Is it me, or have prices for Planescape items decreased 20-30% the last months? Especially the boxed settings seem to have lost their value.

- "When the going gets weird, the Weird turn pro."

Hunter S. Thompson (July 18, 1937 - Feb 20, 2005)

Verbose Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 9:27 am 

No, they definitely has dropped down in value.  I have been paying particular attention to them over the last few months and evaluating their resale value.

Just recently, it seems the eBay market has seen a large increase in the amount of Planescape items for sale.  I would guess that the high prices they command have caused many to decide to sell.  There used to be just a couple (if any)  Hellbound's, Planes of Law/Chaos/Conflict up for auction.  Now, it seems there are between 4-8 at any given time.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jun 06, 2004 12:41 pm 

I hate to say it, but alot of it probably has to do with the fact that pdf versions (esp. of the box sets) were released through RPGNow over the past few months, and they've steadily leaked out to the file-sharing communities.  I think alot of people were saying "why spend $90 on a box set when I can read what all the fuss is about for $5, or get it for free via Kazaa?"
Also, it was a simple matter of supply and demand...  alot of us have noticed that despite Planescape's rather large print run, people tended for some weird reason to think everything was "rare."  In a nutshell, prices were just artificially inflated.

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 7:52 pm 

Thanks for the RPGNow lead.

Regards,

Stephen

Prolific Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jul 05, 2005 8:04 pm 

Forbidden Kingdoms - Paris: The Spectral City Babbage Edition - Super Genius Games | OGL: Fantasy/Modern | RPGNow.com

Oathbound:  Domains of the Forge is $19.99 and over 300 pages.

That is a supplement!

Except it is d20.

Ouch.

Regards,

Stephen

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Thu Jul 07, 2005 1:43 am 

Summertime in the U.S. seems to cause the drop in Planescape prices, I've noticed. I think, anyhow. It seems they rise back up come fall and winter, around the holidays and such. I have a friend who was holding on to a Hellbound to sell and had to wait all summer before prices went back up. I maintain, though, that the price fluxuations are often chaotic. :P

Waterdeep? Never heard of it.

-Factol Pentar, Doomguard