Planescape Blood Wars Card Game
Author

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 7:34 am 

photoartbykevin wrote:hey all.  i collected blood wars when they first came out - let a 'good friend' i grew up with borrow my collection, and he took it with him when he moved.  anywho...  i'm looking to build up my collection from zero.  if you have any new/mint cards or unopened packs/boxed sets i'm interested in hearing from you.  [email protected]  thanks!

hey kevin!

i will have alook later and see what i have (if i get the chance)....i assume you live in the US? that being the case, its prb not worth sending them to you from here as the shipping will be a LOT as they are quite heavy, so might be worth mentioning it to some of the more local folks here...

Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 8:40 am 

Al- Thank you for the reply. I do live in the US, in Texas. You are right about the shipping costs, but if you have any in nm/m condition or unopened packs/boxes...  I'll be happy to pay the shipping.  Tnx!  -Kevin

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Thu Jun 08, 2006 9:39 am 

photoartbykevin wrote:Al- Thank you for the reply. I do live in the US, in Texas. You are right about the shipping costs, but if you have any in nm/m condition or unopened packs/boxes...  I'll be happy to pay the shipping.  Tnx!  -Kevin

hey kev....well from what i can remember (long while since i looked), they were at least NM....i think they were shrinked tbh, but i just cant remember...leave it with me and i will check anyway and get back to you (dont hold your breath tho cos i have a list of things to do as long as my arm!!) :D

meanwhile, if anyone else has anything of this sort that you might want, maybe they will SEE THIS and PM you :D

regards, Al

Are we nearly there yet?

Active Collector

Post Posted: Thu Dec 20, 2007 4:23 am 

The only card I never found was from set 3, the chase Garl Glittergold.  If anyone has one, PM me.  Would be nice to complete the set.

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Dec 25, 2007 2:00 am 

Consider your collection completed, robarlis. ;) Found one in my boxes and boxes and boxes that you can have.

I know how painful it is to need *one* more card. Merry Christmas. ;)

Waterdeep? Never heard of it.

-Factol Pentar, Doomguard

Active Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 5:40 am 

Many thanks to Azurah, the missing Garl Glittergold is in my possession, and my collection is now complete.

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Dec 29, 2008 9:40 am 

I have what I believe is a complete set of Bloodwards cards. If anyone wants them. I have literally thousands of cards, and have some of the cards a hundred times over.

Get in touch if you're after gapfillers or the whole lot; much rather ship the whole lot to someone.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Jan 08, 2010 11:18 am 

I am looking to complete a Blood Wars card game collection.  If anyone has any help or guidance, please let me know.

Sage Collector
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Mon Jan 11, 2010 10:21 pm 

I'm looking to buy a complete set of Bloodwars cards if someone has one they want to get rid of..
Thanks

Brette:)

Being healthy is merely the slowest possible rate at which one can die.

Grandstanding Collector

Post Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 11:43 am 

I have a few boxes of Bloodwars cards but never did complete the set.  Still have a box or two of unopened packs too.  If you know what cards you are looking for, I could probably fill in some gaps or swap doubles to fill in some gaps in my set too.

I wonder if I have a list of cards somewhere - is there an easy to use list online?

Collector

Post Posted: Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:41 pm 

I'm moving onto college and i figured I would also move on with my Bloodwar collection. I have a thousand of cards in mint condition. Anyone interested? I live in CA. E-mail me at [email protected] if you are interested.

The Card Mang

Collector

Post Posted: Sat Jan 29, 2011 1:14 am 

Alrighty....

I am looking to buy some cards, mainly from the third set, but bulk buys are welcome, just hit me up on aim or email me. my information is in my profile. I have a verified paypal account to make things easier.

My real purpose, though, is this...

Can anyone please provide the rules on playing this game? I cannot find the rules anywhere on the net, and I cannot find a copy of the Warlords Tactical Manual.

Thank you!

- edit -

I found a rules booklet for the game, so I am fine with that. I am still looking to buy collections, boxes, packs, certain cards, etc though :) PM or email please, even if you read this 6+ months after the fact!

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Nov 06, 2011 1:35 pm 

If any one has any of the 3rd edition cards (TSR 1128C) and would like to trade or work out some other deal just let me know. My email is  :arrow: [email protected] and my trade list is at  :arrow:    Blood Wars CCG Trading - Trade List

:arrow: There is a lot of the First (TSR 1128), and 2nd (TSR 1128B) Cards listed as well.  :arrow:

TSR 1128  Blood Wars DUEL-DECK Card Game (1st Edition)

TSR 1128B  Blood Wars DUEL-DECK Card Game (2nd Edition (|| in text box))

TSR 1128C  Blood Wars DUEL-DECK Card Game (3rd Edition (||| in text box))

TSR 1130  Blood Wars Escalation Pack 1:  Rebels & Reinforcements

TSR 1131  Blood Wars Escalation Pack 2:  Factols & Factions

TSR 1132  Blood Wars Escalation Pack 3:  Powers & Proxies

TSR 1128P    Starter Pack of 6 Blood Wars Duel-Decks (1st Edition)

TSR 1128PB  Starter Pack of 6 Blood Wars Duel-Decks (2nd Edition)

TSR 1128PC  Starter Pack of 6 Blood Wars Duel-Decks (3rd Edition)

TSR 1140 Blood Wars Warlord's Tactical Manual

Prolific Collector
Subweb Admin
Acaeum Donor

Post Posted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 4:54 am 

I passed your list along to someone I know needs some trades/buys to complete their set.

I also wanted to swear a little bit... I've been resisting the urge to try to collect all the made 2nd and 3rd edition cards, namely because collecting TCGs drives me batty. And you just made me itch to do it. ;)

But anyway, please confirm my notion that only the duel-deck cards were released in these two later editions. If I was wrong in thinking this, I might cry or kick a puppy. (But not really, I like puppies.)

Waterdeep? Never heard of it.

-Factol Pentar, Doomguard

Collector

Post Posted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 8:47 am 

Hello.
Only today I learned of the existence of this game. Shame on me. :oops:
And as any newbe I have questions:
So far they are:
1. I've find some starter lots on ebay, each starter have "2 randomly sorted 50-card decks, with cards drawn from a set of 300" in description. Is it really so and each deck in each starter is sort of "unique" (not like preconstructed deck in other games where you now which cards are in deck). Can I catch "uber-rare" cards in Starters?
2. Size of cards. Is it same as MTG cards? I'm asking because of sleeves and albums.

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:54 am 

hello,

I have an almost complete set of Blood wars cards. There are some I could not find anywhere, and I would like to trade them to the many double rares and chase cards I have. Here is the list of my missing cards:

The Aegis E3
Artemis' Bow E3
Bogle's Glen E2
Dabus E3
Garl Glittergold E3
Guardian Molydeus P
Hezrou E2
Key of Pain E2
Lolth E3
Occupying Forces E3
Signer Mark E2
Throne of The Gods E3
Thrym E3
Undead Host E2
Wrath of the Gods E3
Zeus E3

I don't have a list of my double cards, but there are many. If you have cards and like to trade (or sell, if you don't need cards), please PM or email me.
I know the Guardian Molydeus won't be anywhere available, since it's a Promo card.

thanks Henriette

Collector

Post Posted: Fri Feb 15, 2013 3:58 am 

@r1vver: the Blood wars cards will fit in your card sleeves. I believe you will not find many chase cards in starter decks. If you still need a lot of cards, try a booster box. There are 3 different editions of Blood wars cards.

Sorry, just now discovered the question is 1 year old.

Collector

Post Posted: Sun Jul 06, 2014 1:00 am 

I see this post has been around awhile.  
I started collecting Bloodwars about 10 years ago. The skinny is, of course they are out of Print. As far as I know there were only the Duel-Decks (1128, 1128B and 1128c) printed along with the three escalation sets and one promo card.  The 1028B and 1028C duel deck cards have "II" and "III" printed on the lower right corner below the picture art. I have not found any "III" cards.  I am missing 14 of the 300 series "II" cards.  I have started on a second set of 1128B "II" cards and currently I have 234 of the 300 in this second set.
I am also working on two sets of all 603 cards: I am only missing the "Key of Pain" UR Chase to complete the one set, and 24 cards (Floating Gods E3 UR/C and Key of Pain of Pain E2 UR/C) and 22 Chase cards: 2 from E1, 8 from E2, and 12 from E3.  
I have quite a few Guardian Molydeus cards (more than 20). This was the only "promo" card produced for the entire release and was only made available at the Gen Con Fair in 1995. So if you are interested in one of these second sets or the Gen Con promo, let me know?
Rebels & Reinforcements (E1) This set are the same as Duel Deck cards, but contains 34 additional chase cards. There is no way (that I am aware of) to differentiate the common, uncommon and rare duel deck cards from those released in the Rebels & Reinforcements (E1) expansion set.
Factols & Factions (E2) contained 134 cards; Powers & Proxies (E3) also contained 134 cards. With the 1995 Gen Con Promo (P) this totaled: 603 cards in the set.  This does not include the 300 cards from 1128B Duel Decks and 1128C Duel Decks. I guess a fully complete set would be 1203 cards, but the duel deck cards would be the same card/art for each series:1128, 1128B and 1128C.
BLOOD WARS HISTORY
Blood Wars is a collectible card game produced by TSR, Inc. (Tactical Studies Rules) and the game is based on the Planescape campaign setting from DUNGEONS § DRAGONS. The game was released in March of 1995 as part of TSR's 20th anniversary. This was around the same time Wizards of the Coast released MAGIC.  The Blood Wars Collectible Card Game has been out of print now for more than 19 years.
RELEASE HISTORY
The Blood Wars collection of cards begin with a Duel-Deck pack, three Escalation Packs and one GEN Con® Game Fair promotional card given out only during the 1995 convention.
Each Escalation Pack was theme based on a different aspect of the PLANESCAPE setting of the ADVANCED DUNGEONS § DRAGONS fantasy role-playing game's Outer Planes.
Each release of cards contained Common, Uncommon, and Rare cards. The Chase and Ultra-Rare Chase cards only came out with the expansion sets.
DUEL-DECK PACKS
The Duel-Deck release was one of two products that introduced the Blood Wars game to the collectible card game community. Each Duel-Deck pack consisted of a rule book and two 50-card decks. There were three (3) releases of the Duel-Decks 1128, 1128B "II" and 1128C "III".
The total cards released for the Duel-Decks numbered 300. The only card unique to this release (not found in any other Escalation Pack) is the Warlord: The Bladeling Hero. The 300 cards associated with this release consisted of five print sheets: a Common, an Uncommon, a Rare, a Battlefield and a Warlord sheet. The last two sheets only consisted of Battlefield and Warlords, however, Battlefields and Warlords could also be found on the other three sheets. The starter Duel-Deck packs contained a mix of 150 Commons, 100 Uncommons, and 50 Rares.
ESCALATION PACK #1: Rebels § Reinforcements
This was the first of the 15-card booster pack releases. The Rebels § Reinforcements consisted of 299 cards from the Duel-Deck packs and 34 Chase cards that could be found only in this release. Like the Duel-Deck release, Rebels § Reinforcements was available in March, 1995.
The 333 cards from this set consisted of five print sheets: two Common, an Uncommon, a Rare and a Chase sheet. Each Chase sheet was "three up" of 33 of all cards except for the Ultra-Rare card, The Lady of Pain, which was "one up" on the sheet. The mix of cards from each sheet that make up the booster packs are: 8 common (two from each sheet), 4 uncommon, 2 rare cards and 1 Chase card. E1 (Rebels & Reinforcements ) contained cards from the starter series and added 33 Chase cards and 1 ultra-rare Chase card (The Lady of Pain).
ESCALATION PACK #2: Factols § Factions
The second 15-card booster pack release which spilled the Blood Wars saga over into the city of Sigil, became available in June of 1995. The 134 cards found only in this release deal with the City of Doors' leaders, legions, and the luck of its secret (and not-so-secret) societies known as Factions. The 134 cards from this expansion contained a mix of 100 Common, Uncommon, and Rare cards, plus 34 Chase cards. The print sheets for this set consisted of a Common, an Uncommon, a Rare and a Chase sheet. The Ultra-Rare card for this pack, The Key of Pain, had the same frequency on the print sheet as The Lady of Pain in Escalation #1. There were two different mixes for this release, giving more rarity to the Chase cards.  Two out of three booster packs had a mix of: 10 Common, 4 Uncommon, and one Rare card; while one in three boosters had a mix of 10 Common, 4 Uncommon, and one Chase card.
ESCALATION PACK #3: Powers § Proxies
The last and third Blood Wars 15-card booster pack release which deals with the powerful avatars of the Outer Planes. This release became available in August of 1995. The first place a Blood Wars player could have obtained this release was at the Gen Con Game Fair in Milwaukee, Wis. Like the Escalation Pack #2, this release consisted of 134 cards. The 134 cards from this expansion contained a mix of 100 Common, Uncommon, and Rare cards, with an additional 34 Chase cards. The print sheets for this set consisted of a Common, an Uncommon, a Rare and a Chase sheet. The Ultra-Rare card for this pack, The Floating Gods, had the same frequency on the print sheet as the Ultra-Rare cards from previous Escalation Packs.
There were two different mixes for this expansion, and it did differ from Escalation Pack #2. Two out of three booster packs had a mix of: 9 Common, 4 Uncommon, and 2 Rare cards; and one in three boosters had a mix of 8 Common, 4 Uncommon, 2 Rare cards and one Chase card.
To recap, the Blood Wars Collectible Card Game was made up of four releases: The first release, Duel-Deck Packs (1128, 1128B, and 1128C) and consisted of 300 cards (D) with one unique card, The Bladeling Hero. The first booster series, Rebels § Reinforcements (E1) added an additional 34 cards to the game as chase cards and one ultra-rare The Lady of Pain chase card. These were added to the base set of released cards. The second booster series, Factols § Factions (E2) added 134 cards and the last booster series, Powers § Proxies (E3) another 134 cards. With the one Ultra-Rare Chase promotion card, only available and distributed at the Gen Con Game Fair in 1995, GUARDIAN MOLYDEUS, the complete collection consisted of 603 cards.
The E2 Booster series (Factols § Factions) added 33 common, 34 uncommon, 33 rare, 33 Chase cards and 1 ultra-rare Chase card (The Key of Pain).
The E3 Booster series (Powers § Proxies) added 34 common, 33 uncommon, 33 rare, 33 Chase cards and 1 ultra-rare Chase card (The Floating Gods).
Chase cards could only be found in one of three booster packs. One card of each series (E1 - E3) is considered Ultra-Rare.

If you would like a Excel spreadsheet of the Cards that make up Blood Wars series please feel free to email me and I will send this to you.

There also was a TSR, Inc. (1996). Blood Wars: Warlord's Tactical Manual Reference Guide. Random House printed.

~Billy

PreviousNext